OLight K90 pics leaked (SST-90 light)

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just can't see it selling for that cheap. The only comparable light I can think of is the microfire L2000r which sells for 600 euros. OK, the K90 should be cheaper due to the reduced complexity of having only 1 led, but I still think it's going to be more like $500+

I hope I'm wrong though.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I just can't see it selling for that cheap. The only comparable light I can think of is the microfire L2000r which sells for 600 euros. OK, the K90 should be cheaper due to the reduced complexity of having only 1 led, but I still think it's going to be more like $500+
I hope I'm wrong though.

I agree with you.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like to know which other brands are working on similar lights(sst-90,2000+lumens).
do you know something we don't?
if so,can you share?:poke:

Isn't peak working on one? No clue as to price and availability. Though I'd guess "higher" and "later."

AndrewP

Newly Enlightened
The fact that they are marketing this light as a Search and Rescue light (as per dealers corner thread) and therefore calling it the SR90 might hint at a good throw?? Surely a search light needs good throw?? Just speculating of course.:thumbsup:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
Maybe Matt should have an "office pool" type contest. We all get to guess the retail price and whoever gets closest wins one of these beauties. :thumbsup:

I'll go first: $349.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope I'm wrong though.

I think under $500.
Again, I have no insider knowledge on this aspect.

$500+ price range would turn a lot a buyers off...:(

Yes - though let's face it. For 'most' people anything over $150-200 is a dealbreaker. This isn't going to be a light for the masses.' Frankly, I've never seen a light over $200 sell in 'huge' numbers.'

Maybe Matt should have an "office pool" type contest. We all get to guess the retail price and whoever gets closest wins one of these beauties. :thumbsup:

I'll go first: $349.

Wait - this seems like a bad deal for me somehow.... :p

DArklite

Enlightened
...until DX unleashes the new "PoopFire" SST-90 for $199.95.

No battery pack, either - it'll take 6 raw 18650s in varying states of charge - soon to be on all the terrorists' short lists!
Can you say "pipe-bomb"? Just switch it on and toss that sucker like a grenade...

Last edited:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
the costs of making a HID is much more than the cost to make a LED light. you cant just charge an arm and a leg simply based on lumens. heres the four main things in my opinion that make HIDs expensive.. 1. HID bulbs cost more, 2.they mostly all come with thier own battery pack/charger, 3. HID's have the added cost of needing a ballast, and 4. bigger light, more material. however, with the size of this light, and the included battery pack/charger olight is stepping into the HID price waters.