• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight Marauder X7vn - 2017 Popcan King

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spec 1 $325 Recommended
XHP70 CW 6500K HD
Turn On Lumen: 16200
ANSI
Lumen: 14500
Lux: 70K
Throw: 530m

Spec 2 $340
XHP70 6500K SD (5000K Neutral and 5700K HCRI available. HCRI is a little green)
Turn On Lumen: 15000
ANSI
Lumen: 13500
Lux: 100K
Throw: 630m
There's the corrected numbers. It looks like spec 2 trades 1000 lumens for 100 more meters of throw. Seems like both would be equally as good, I'd probably prefer the throw over the output. What are the numbers for the 5000k neutral white spec2 and the hcri spec2 though?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome lights here once again Vinh!

I'm curious as to why you chose the HD version as your "recommended" light of these two. Is it just personal preference for max lumens vs throw?

Waiting for your response before I commit to a purchase of one or the other :popcorn:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Awesome lights here once again Vinh!

I'm curious as to why you chose the HD version as your "recommended" light of these two. Is it just personal preference for max lumens vs throw?

Waiting for your response before I commit to a purchase of one or the other :popcorn:

Hang tight for the Video review of both.

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Does it work with flat top batteries? I read it somewhere that only button tops for this light. I'm hoping my vtc6 flat top would work.

TacticalEnigma

Newly Enlightened
So the x7 shows that it can run 9k lumens for 2.5 minutes. Is there any information on runtimes for these increased lumens at all? This is important for me when camping and hiking.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he means he's been waiting for the same info also.
In fact I'm sure we are all waiting to hear from someone who purchased to chime in with their opinions.

FYI, the tn36utvn runs for just under 2 minutes before getting too hot to hold. I can't imagine the x7vn faring much better even if you are camping out in snow.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he means he's been waiting for the same info also.In fact I'm sure we are all waiting to hear from someone who purchased to chime in with their opinions.FYI, the tn36utvn runs for just under 2 minutes before getting too hot to hold. I can't imagine the x7vn faring much better even if you are camping out in snow.
:thumbsup:Even approximate times would be good

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Final iteration of this light coming soon. This time I threw all tricks at it. Hopefully we get better numbers or at least higher ANSI numbers.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Final iteration of this light coming soon. This time I threw all tricks at it. Hopefully we get better numbers or at least higher ANSI numbers.
Omg, how high can this one go? This item is already incredibly close to Fenix TK75vnQ70 specs. The Q70 has four 70's, and larger and deeper reflector wells, and is next size and weight higher class.

Should the Q70 be scared?