Olight pocket clips. Any alternatives you guys can suggest?

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
Hello there everyone. I am looking to find out if anyone has any suggestions for alternative pocket clips for Olights Pocket edc lights. Currently I have S1, S2, S2 copper, S10RII, S15R, S30RII, and aside from the S30R the pocket clips drive me up a wall. I like to carry my lights with the head of the light facing down in my pocket, and it appears that Olight designs all their clips on these smaller lights to be carried head up. I know that the clips can be turned around and used head down but when I do that there is more of the light sticking out of my pocket than in my pocket which just isn't going to work. So I'm wondering why they do this and if any of you have any suggestions as to what you may do different in how you carry the Olight brand flashlights. I absolutely love their designs and quality but I've found myself carrying my Zebralight and Eagletacs lately simply because of the pocket clip issue. Thanks for any replies or suggestion.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off the top of my head go to Nitecore Store.com. They sell all the different NC clips. Idk if any will fit whatever but they do indeed sell all the different NC style clips. Its a start.

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
Off the top of my head go to Nitecore Store.com. They sell all the different NC clips. Idk if any will fit whatever but they do indeed sell all the different NC style clips. Its a start.

I will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I cant ant believe that Olight doesn't find that it isn't ideal to design their clips like they do. Most do it the exact opposite as they do and focus more on making sure the light rides right facing tip down and then making the clip reversible to accept tip up for use on a hat brim if needed. I just went and looked again and the major issue is that they don't have a cutout that is placed in a spot that is close to the tail of the light so that you could even put a clip on them that would ride level with the top of the pocket, head down. I don't know why they do this. I find that the head of the light takes more abuse if it's protruding from the top of my pocket instead of protected inside of my pocket. Hopefully they get it together and use a better design moving forward.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
will be following this thread as my first S1 shows up Tuesday. The clip that comes with it looks like its a good one. I really wish my R40 was designed to have one I would use the light a lot more. Both my big Javelots would benefit from a long, strong clip as well. Yes the big Javelots come with outstanding holsters but I do not always have the time or be in the situation to be wearing one of my better belts. A long strong clip for either would have been a big plus.

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
will be following this thread as my first S1 shows up Tuesday. The clip that comes with it looks like its a good one. I really wish my R40 was designed to have one I would use the light a lot more. Both my big Javelots would benefit from a long, strong clip as well. Yes the big Javelots come with outstanding holsters but I do not always have the time or be in the situation to be wearing one of my better belts. A long strong clip for either would have been a big plus.

The actual clips themselves on these lights are very good quality. They have great retention and seem to be well made. It's the location in which Olight designs the cutouts that the clip rides in that doesn't provide a good head down carry position. They obviously design these lights to really only be carried with the head up, which is my issue with these lights. Everything else, and I mean everything, about the Olight lights I have I absolutely love, which is why I put up with the clips. But I wish they would change this up and provide another cutout toward the tail of their lights so head down carry can be more possible.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I am using the pocket clip from my Fenix LD12 on my Olight S2 Baton. It fits well (tight & snug)... It will also fit on the S1 Baton...

The pocket clip itself is the Fenix 21 mm pocket clip. Fenix sells this as an accessory but ONLY IN SILVER FINISH. Please note if you go on one of their Distributor websites, they show this clip in a black annodized finish - but they only stock it in silver finish now (website photo needs to be updated). Contact them if you want confirmation....

yCKL2BC.jpg

0psH3UW.jpg

ObewMTO.jpg