olight s30r trouble

CaptDBJ

Newly Enlightened
I to bought the S30R and after a couple of weeks the light stopped working. I contacted "GoingGear" and they quickly sent out a new light. (Great Customer Service!) well the new light is no better as it to is not working. I kind of gave up on it until seeing others are having the same problem. I have contacted "GoingGear" again and awaiting there response on how to proceed. It does make a good paper weight though.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I to bought the S30R and after a couple of weeks the light stopped working. I contacted "GoingGear" and they quickly sent out a new light. (Great Customer Service!) well the new light is no better as it to is not working. I kind of gave up on it until seeing others are having the same problem. I have contacted "GoingGear" again and awaiting there response on how to proceed. It does make a good paper weight though.

First off welcome to the forums. Judging by your join date I take it you have been lurking here for awhile but just now posting? Any ways, as I said in my earlier post, Going Gear has been extremely helpful for me in getting his light taken care of. I am currently waiting on my dad's second replacement light to be sent back to me and when I talked to them this last time they told me it was pretty common but that Olight has said they have the problem fixed now. Also when I asked Olight on Facebook they told me it was fixed. Dad really likes his light and I keep hoping it gets fixed other wise it's going in a drawer and I will get him a Fenix.

Mar

Newly Enlightened
Got my light working again and can share the quick fix for you all. Olight uses too much lubebricants, wipe off some off the tail cap and voila...it works.

CaptDBJ

Newly Enlightened
I received a fast reply from "GoingGear.com" about my second S30R not working. They are offering me a full refund and included a prepaid returned label. Again great customer service and no fault of there own. I did try cleaning off some of the lubricant from the tail cap as described in a previous post by "Mar". I thought problem solved but then I noticed after applying slight pressure to the center of the tail cap the light would turn off. I've decided to cut my losses and return the light. Now I will continue searching for my next EDC. I use a belt loop holster everyday.

override666666

Newly Enlightened
My s30r would not toggle to mid and high mode after 3 days, returned it back to the seller and what he did was disassemble the tail cap and clean it and after that everything went back to normal. I think this is a contact issue.

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
I received a fast reply from "GoingGear.com" about my second S30R not working. They are offering me a full refund and included a prepaid returned label. Again great customer service and no fault of there own. I did try cleaning off some of the lubricant from the tail cap as described in a previous post by "Mar". I thought problem solved but then I noticed after applying slight pressure to the center of the tail cap the light would turn off. I've decided to cut my losses and return the light. Now I will continue searching for my next EDC. I use a belt loop holster everyday.

Depressing the center tab should turn the light off, this is normal. I can make mine do it but it is not something that would normally happen in normal use. This is also how the light charges.

I have the S10R, S20R, and the S30R. Only one I have had any problems with was the S10R and it was charger related and works fine after Olight replaced the charger.

SteveCA

Newly Enlightened
I bought my S30R a week ago and have not experienced any malfunctions. I can get the light to turn off by applying pressure to the center of the tail cap but that never happens under normal use.

I have noticed that the hot spot of the beam is a bit dark with artifacts and yellow tint which is very noticeable when shined on a white wall. Has anyone else experienced issues in the beam hot spot? This is my first LED flashlight that has had these beam issues.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Dad got his third S30R from Going Gear Saturday, hopefully the third time is a charm as he and I both really like the light and I would like one if they are fixed

tinkerhell

Newly Enlightened
Add me to the ranks of s30r with problems. Even with a fully charged battery I get the red light and flickering high beam if I get anything at all. I wiped out the tail cap and checked for debris and it looked good. That helped slightly but not enough for this to be a trusted light. Mine was a custom from Vinh so I'm hoping he can come up with a permanent solution.

CaptDBJ

Newly Enlightened
Well I finally emailed "Olight" about my S30R not working properly. I got a quick response by email and quickly received a new tail cap in the mail. I hope once and for all the problem is solved. Now I can concentrate on getting my new Nitecore EC21 working. That also quit after a very short time. I will give credit to "Thrunite" as the Archer 1A v2 has been my EDC and performs great.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Dad received his new tail cap about three weeks ago and the light worked for two weeks and is now acting up again. When you turn it on you can cycle through all modes once and then it's stuck in low. Unscrew the tail cap and put it back on and you can cycle through the modes once and it's stuck in low again. The problem just repeats. Really wish I had gotten him a Fenix. 3 lights and the new tail cap and it is still not working right. Going to call Olight again and see what happens.

Francis A.

Newly Enlightened
My S20r stopped working within a month (button to turn it on doesn't work 75% of the time) hopefully this isn't going to start being a common occurance for olight

Have the same problem with my olight s30. Wasn't really bothering me before but it just keeps getting worse. Did you ever find any fix for this?