Olight Smini

CampingLED

Enlightened
Why did they change the clip? The first thing I did when I got my S15 and S1 Ti was to move the clip to 90 deg from the switch. It just feels nicer in my hand and safer not to activate it accidentally. Every time that I want to click on buy during the Black Friday sale I adjust the clip on the Ti and I am cured for 30 minutes not to click the buy now button. Awesome light the little S1 Ti and my favorite of all time.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I thought my ZL SC32 was small. It now looks so much bigger and bulky compared to the SMINI.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now have the raw copper S and just got the NW polished titanium today. Man these little lights are so good! I love the "soft on" and "soft off" feature. In my opinion it gives the S Minis an upscale custom feel. The NW out of the polished titanium S is actually very good there is no hint of any greens etc. the tint is nice and even. Have a rose copper S1A on the way which has the same nice soft on and soft off feature as well as the brass S Mini. Just could not pass up the Black Friday deals. Also got the NW standard S1A on the way for less than 40 bucks! Olight has really been knocking it out of the park over the last 24 months. The Javelot series are a smash standard setting hit then bam the S1 etc. Noticed the UI is different on my new NW polished ti S vs my raw copper S. Does not bother me though just makes them unique.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my rainbow PVD S-mini. Initial impressions:

* absolutely tiny
* very nice neutral tint with no gree
* typical good Olight UI
* rainbow PVD looks beautiful, but don't know how durable it is.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Totally agree, especially the UI.

I actually slightly prefer olight UI over ZL, except 4 click battery meter. Push and hold low on the ZL becomes high/turbo if you let go too soon. Not possible to blind yourself with olight since need double click for turbo. IMO should become a standard.

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Just got my rainbow PVD S-mini. Initial impressions:

* absolutely tiny
* very nice neutral tint with no gree
* typical good Olight UI
* rainbow PVD looks beautiful, but don't know how durable it is.

It is very durable. I have used it as part of my EDC for a few weeks now and it is still going strong. The anodising is still intact and it still looks really good. You just have to wipe it down every once a while as it does attract fingerprint marks on the tail cap.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually slightly prefer olight UI over ZL, except 4 click battery meter. Push and hold low on the ZL becomes high/turbo if you let go too soon. Not possible to blind yourself with olight since need double click for turbo. IMO should become a standard.

What about the user programmability and 14 modes vs Olights 5 modes? I agree about the chance to accidentally hit turbo. But, once you get used to it, it almost never happens in practice. I cant remember the last time I accidentally hit turbo on a ZL. I am actually really liking Armytek's Pro UI on the Prime Pro, Wizard Pro, Tiara Pro, etc. It is even better then both Olight's and ZL's imo.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the user programmability and 14 modes vs Olights 5 modes? I agree about the chance to accidentally hit turbo. But, once you get used to it, it almost never happens in practice. I cant remember the last time I accidentally hit turbo on a ZL. I am actually really liking Armytek's Pro UI on the Prime Pro, Wizard Pro, Tiara Pro, etc. It is even better then both Olight's and ZL's imo.
I have to agree with Tachead to a degree. UI and preference are subjective so it will be different for everyone. For me, my favorite UI is from Zebralight, followed by Olight's, followed closely by Armytek's.

I couldn't resist holding out and had to try an S Mini with the sale this weeken. Man, this light is tiny! The S Mini is even shorter than the Mini Mk II, all while having a side switch interface!

Last edited:

mightysparrow

Enlightened
And I thought my ZL SC32 was small. It now looks so much bigger and bulky compared to the SMINI.

I ordered a Zebralight SC32w five weeks ago and am still waiting for it to ship. I'm looking forward to carrying both the ZL and my S1 Mini Ti (bead-blasted), as I am interested in comparing the UI's of the two lights when I have them together. The only other Zebralight I have is a first-gen SC52. I'm sure they'll both be my favorite lights.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

I love my two SC600-III's (see sig) and for the most part am on board with the UI, but what I hate about it is the lack of a shortcut to H1. If H2 is the last thing you used, you have to single click from off, wait, do a double click. I can't count the times when I double clicked too soon and strobed myself.
I believe the S Mini really excels there with a shortcut to the highest mode from on and off.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my two SC600-III's (see sig) and for the most part am on board with the UI, but what I hate about it is the lack of a shortcut to H1. If H2 is the last thing you used, you have to single click from off, wait, do a double click. I can't count the times when I double clicked too soon and strobed myself.
I believe the S Mini really excels there with a shortcut to the highest mode from on and off.

All you have to do is leave the high memory in H1 to solve this problem. Then it is one click to the highest mode from off.

LOUSYGREATWALLGM

Enlightened
Which 16340 do you guys use and does your light run on high mode for 90 seconds? I'm on AW RCR123 black (not the 2016 version) and I'm only getting 45 seconds on high before the light steps downs and get stuck on low mode :eek:

Latest posts