Olight Smini

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Re: *new* Olight Smini

Anyone know availability yet? The new ui including the stepdown from 900-600 lumen s1r apparently will be out this Friday.

mightysparrow

Enlightened

A bit more info:

Olight S Mini-Cu (Copper)
MSRP: US$60 (guesstimate)

Colors:
BLACK
ROSE GOLD
RAW COPPER

Specs:
LED: Cree XM-L2 U2 (Cool White)
Max luminance: 550 lumen
Max beam distance: 110 meters
Battery: 1 x 16340 / 1 x CR123A

Run time (1 х CR123 1500 mAh):
High 550~300 lumen — 1.5 + 120 minutes
Mid 60 lumen — 8.5 hours
Low 12 lumen — 64 hours
Moonlight 0.5 lumen — 30 days

Olight S Mini-Ti (Titanium)
MSRP: US$75 (guesstimate)

Colors:
Polished
Bead Blasted
Rainbow PVD

Specs:
LED: Cree XM-L2 T6 (Netral White)
Max luminance: 530 lumen
Max beam distance: 110 meters
Battery: 1 x 16340 / 1 x CR123A

Run time (1 х CR123 1500 mAh):
High 530~300 lumen — 1.5 + 120 minutes
Mid 60 lumen — 8.5 hours
Low 12 lumen — 64 hours
Moonlight 0.5 lumen — 30 days

Thank you, Aggressor. Wow, with a neutral tint emitter and decent runtimes at all levels, I'll be sorely tempted to try to get my hands on one of the titanium versions, even though I've never purchased a titanium light and did not plan on spending this much on a flashlight anytime soon....

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

Anyone know availability yet? The new ui including the stepdown from 900-600 lumen s1r apparently will be out this Friday.
S mini should be available in stages with limited quantity next month.
About the new S1R, the "rumor" has it that instead of stepdown from 900-600, they added a 600 lumens (Turbo) mode, redesign packaging, some mode name changes and extended the 900-lumens (renamed to Turbo S) runtime... as these are still "rumors", things could still change until they release the final new version. :sssh: If things stay the same as the "rumors", you can expect to see UI similar to the X7.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened

Thank you, Aggressor. Wow, with a neutral tint emitter and decent runtimes at all levels, I'll be sorely tempted to try to get my hands on one of the titanium versions, even though I've never purchased a titanium light and did not plan on spending this much on a flashlight anytime soon....

Resistance is futile, oh mighty sparrow! :D

wolfgaze

Enlightened

Remember to cut those runtimes in half if you plan on using an RCR123 battery...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Remember to cut those runtimes in half if you plan on using an RCR123 battery...
I'd never use one of those dogs. 18350 Maybe... testing .... but it won't fit in this light I'm sure.

Last edited:

firsttothescene

Enlightened

Does olight have any other black copper lights. I have never seen that, is it common?

Beckler

Enlightened

Noiicce!! They finally got rid of the pointless hexagonal profile around the switch. Expensive, but tiny and in Ti, this may be one of the best keychain lights.

mightysparrow

Enlightened

I can't resist this one. I've been eyeing the S1, but never bought one. I don't have any titanium lights or lights with neutral tint emitters, either.

Last edited:

ronniepudding

Enlightened
*new* Olight Smini

Looking forward to reading reviews when folks start receiving the first shipments :)

I wonder* if the black PVD coating covers the threads and will allow for mechanical lockout? If not, I may wait for an aluminum version... Still, the bead blasted Ti is the most aesthetically pleasing to my eye, and the NW is tempting.

EDIT: *After some reading elsewhere, I believe that the PVD coating is likely conductive.

Last edited:

firsttothescene

Enlightened

Just placed an order for a bead-blasted ti mini. This will be my first titanium light, and my first with a neutral-tint emitter. I haven't been buying any lights for years, then recently bought a Nitecore TIP, which I like - but I've been looking at the S1 for a long time, without buying one. Now, this light being available tipped the scale in favor of a splurge - that, and a really tough several months that leave me needing a little lift. I don't wear expensive watches, or other expensive clothing, so this will be my jewelry (hidden in a pouch or pocket while not in use, of course). It will also allow me to lighten the load on my painful body as I walk and stand during my commute, while still having a very capable flashlight.
Hope your tough times are getting better mightysparrow; me, my wife and kids also have had a tough issue to deal with over the past 1.5 years that is still ongoing and pretty bleak looking. I too, ordered this as a little "pick me up".

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

For you guys who have had Olight titaniums before: what's the wear pattern like? Any gotchas? E.g., "Rainbow wears off completely, Shiny version shows scratches really badly, but bead blasted wears well and doesn't show scratches"? Do any look particularly good to you in person, vs the pics? TIA

Just FYI, I am kinda digging rainbow and shiny more than bead-blasted, at least in the pics, although I know bead blasted titanium usually looks great in person. I'm leaning towards the bead blasted, though, because of worries about my above hypothesis -- that rainbow will wear off in a pocket, and shiny show scratches very badly

Last edited: