Olight SR51 XM-L U2 a Flashaholics observation

jtice

Flashaholic
Thats how I figured they rated that stuff, sure it may technically cast light on an object that far away, but its not useful light that the operator can see.
I guess its nice if you want just 1 lumen moon mode of light out of a 900 lumen light,,, just place it 700 meters away lol.

jtice

Flashaholic
Here are a couple teaser beamshots that I will put up for now.
I had to edit out a few other lights I compared it to cuz they are not released yet.
SR51_20yards_edit.sized.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR LARGER PHOTO

SR51_80yards_edit.sized.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR LARGER PHOTO

SOcalsurferx

Newly Enlightened
I desperately want to see how this thing compares to the Catapult V2 and V3!!! Nice beamshots!!! Thanks!

recDNA

Flashaholic
It looks like you aimed at the car. Better to aim.at the object 188 m away.

Olight the brightest you tested but too yellow to me. I was surprised by that. I usually like olight tint.

jtice

Flashaholic
The Olight is not that warm tinted in actual use, not sure why it came out quite that warm in the photos,
I think the tint is a bit warm compared to my other lights for sure, but I LOVED the tint, I thought it looked much more natural than the other light.
The SR51 had a warmer tinted hotspot but the spill was very white.
Dont let those beamshots scare you away based on tint.

Aim at the hill in the back intead of the truck?
Well for one, with those lights, it was better to use the truck as some were mid range distance lights.
I did actually take a separate set of beamshots at the hill at 198 yards.... but you cant see those yet ;)