On the lens protection film

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
nope....even on a mini maglite i've carried for 5-6 years, the scratches (which are very bad) haven't affected my use of it. before i got my arc LSH, i had a C2 which i bought with a lexan bezel specifically because i intended to use it hard and durability was more of an issue to me rather than looking pretty. one of peter's tests to show the durability of the arc LS was to throw it hard enough on the floor to make it bounce up, and i'm sure a pyrex lens wouldn't survive the impact.

alexgt, i've used toothpaste on tissue paper to polish lexan lenses with good results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Connor

Enlightened
Alcohol (iso-propanol) is fine with Lexan.

Quote:
"LEXAN® sheets provide high resistance to most moderate chemicals and are usually unaffected by brief exposure to common industrial chemicals, solvents, and cleaning agents. In applications where aggressive chemicals or solvents are involved, specific (application related) testing of the materials is strongly recommended."

-Connor

nexro

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip chamenos.
I will try polishing my Mag's lens just to test if it works first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
and... hmm, I think I will be removing that film on my LSL too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't even remember typing that post...you're welcome anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif btw its much harder for the lens on an LSL or LSH to be scratched due to the lens being rather recessed and the bezel rim being rather small in diameter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts