Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

ChibiM

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

Nope. I think the reason for that is because the eneloop 2100 expedition is concentrated on Europe. So I assume they will (at least for now) only be available in Europe.

Macan

Newly Enlightened

Hello. Is there any advantage to purchasing the 5th generation eneloop pro BK-3HCD over the 4th generation? Thank you.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Hello. Is there any advantage to purchasing the 5th generation eneloop pro BK-3HCD over the 4th generation? Thank you.
You`ll get the newer ones!
If you can get them both at the same store for the same price, go with the newest. If you can save a few dollars you could go for the older ones. Not a big deal... enjoy

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any updates to the two cell AA/AAA portable charger? I've got one from a couple years ago at this point. I need a couple new 5th AA/AAA's Pro's and figure to replace both at the same time.

markr6

Flashaholic

I almost never use eneloops anymore. Cheap kids toys are not worthy, flashlights use 18650. But I just got a blood pressure monitor using 4xAA that supposedly eats up batteries. I pulled some eneloops out of my drawer that seem to be paired - manufactured 4/2011. After a couple cycles on the Opus 3100, they're all showing 1994mAh-2040mAh.

ChibiM

Enlightened

@bmstrong: I dont think there are any 2-bays that charge fast and smart. The BQ-CC23 is probably the latest 2-bay in their lineup, which is from 2013
@markr6: eneloops all the way ;)

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

18650 has its place. But half the time is a specialized purpose battery.
Zebralight and Eneloop AA where made for each other. For general use there is no better combo as far as practically, cost, reliability and EDC.

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened

Gotta agree with that, Zebralight and eneloops are a useful combo, I use every day. "General use" and EDC is a wide swath, though, and there are lots of use cases that demand greater efficiency than NiMH systems can deliver. Luckily, Zebralight has other choices to feed my habit!

ChibiM

Enlightened

Good points. Yes, more and more applications use lithium (ion) batteries. But the eneloops still have their place!

On another note, yesterday I changed the layout of the website, and had a little struggle with getting everything in place again. Probably there are still some problems with a layout, so if you see anything, let me please know!

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened

They are now available for order at Amazon UK, Germany, Italy and Spain!

You are now parttime located in NL?

Those colors are nice. The Ocean ones before overlapped with previous colored sets and the normal ones, these don't.

But I need sets of five, so I would end up with four left over :/

(Yes, Nikon SB-800 flash eats sets of 5)

ChibiM

Enlightened

You are now parttime located in NL?

Those colors are nice. The Ocean ones before overlapped with previous colored sets and the normal ones, these don't.

But I need sets of five, so I would end up with four left over :/

(Yes, Nikon SB-800 flash eats sets of 5)
Hi, no, full-time. I am back in the Netherlands, where I`m originally from :)
I like these ones as well! I ordered an AA and AAA set.
They are also available in the Netherlands at batterij huis and nkon.nl.
Oh.. intersting, didnt know the SB800 needed 5 batteries. hmmm Im pretty sure you could use the spare 4 for something else useful! Like a flashlight or something. hihi

rczrider

Newly Enlightened

This may be a dumb question, but: should I buy some IKEA LADDA AA batteries?

I don't have an IKEA anywhere near where I live, but will be traveling later this week and will be right around the corner from one that has plenty of AA LADDAs in stock. I've been burning through my remaining alkalines and plan on having nothing but rechargeables, so I'll need some AA batteries soon. I believe the general consensus is that the white Japanese LADDAs are re-wrapped Eneloop Pros and at $7 for 4, they seem like a good deal. Any reason not to buy them (ie. are there better LSD NiMH batteries for the price)?

Follow-up #1: Should I treat these differently than standard non-Pro Eneloops or non-LSD NiMH batteries? I currently have a La Crosse BC-700 charger, but have a LiitoKala Lii-500 Engineer on the way (should be here in 3-4 weeks). I haven't read up too much on them, but I have found several mentions of a "break-in" period for the Pros in order to get the maximum capacity and life. Also, I generally just charge my batteries whenever I think about it and they're not usually fully discharged when I pop them in the La Crosse. Any advice on the best way to take care of my new batteries?

Follow-up #2: What are the best uses for the Pros? I have an LED camera flash that only uses 2 AAs and I like to keep an extra pair with the camera, just in case. I have smoke alarms that use a couple of AAs. My front door is a battery-powered keypad/deadbolt. Like most (if not all) of you, I have a variety of LED flashlights. Digital kitchen scale, remote controls, some kids' toys. Are the LADDA/Eneloop Pro batteries especially suited for one type of situation over another (like camera flash versus smoke alarm)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

Hey rczrider.
Why shouldnt you?
1.Just use your La Crosse and Liitokala. Both should do well! Don`t worry.
2.White Ladda for high drain devices, tan Ladda for low drain devices.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Got myself a fake eneloop AAA pro, sent by CPF member HighLight.. thanks man!

See the package being obvious fake.
Fake-Eneloop-AAA-Pro-package.jpg

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened

The eneloop pros are best suited to high drain devices like your camera flash. They don't hold their charge as well during storage, and so in ultra low drain devices like your smoke detector or television remote, you would almost certainly be better off using standard eneloops. Even in a flashlight, I would say the eneloop pros are only good in a light that gets frequent maybe even heavy use. For a light that spends most of its time waiting for the occasional brief use and then back to waiting, I would recommend standard eneloops.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Made a vid with the fake eneloop pro package. It was too difficult to get the batteriesc in focus. So for now just the package. I found more mistakes.

Last edited:

MaestroDaVinci

Newly Enlightened

I have a question regarding the new Panasonic BQ-CC65 charger. I have seen pretty much all of the other versions would either have batteries with the charger or will not, however i can't seem to find this product with batteries. Does anyone know if this one will be available with batteries or it would be just the charger itself.

[COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

As far as I know the BQ CC65 is currently only available without batteries.