Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

HighLight

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2017

Just got 16 White Eneloop AA's from Costco in Canada at a good price. They seem to be the latest versions e.g. can be charged up to 2100 times and retain 70% of their charge after 10 years....BUT I'm reading the small print on the back of the package and it states that these cells are NOT to be used in a water proof flashlight or in any device with an airtight battery compartment??? These applications are my primary reason for buying/using Eneloops. Does this mean I have to stop using them for these purposes?

ChibiM

Enlightened

Just got 16 White Eneloop AA's from Costco in Canada at a good price. They seem to be the latest versions e.g. can be charged up to 2100 times and retain 70% of their charge after 10 years....BUT I'm reading the small print on the back of the package and it states that these cells are NOT to be used in a water proof flashlight or in any device with an airtight battery compartment??? These applications are my primary reason for buying/using Eneloops. Does this mean I have to stop using them for these purposes?

Good questio. This could help you: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?243109-Eneloop-s-safe-in-Waterproof-lights

The interesting thing is that Panasonic collaborated with Under The Pole, a research team who does research under water in the Pole region. Not sure if they used eneloop batteries in their lights though.

http://main.panasonic-eneloop.eu/nl/news/third-expedition-under-pole-back-land-0

ChibiM

Enlightened

Part 2 of the fake eneloop pro AAA. The sellers on eBay that sell fake eneloops are: 2009china*electronic and 2017china*electronic.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened

I've got another video up comparing fake Eneloop PRO AA I bought from the sellers mentioned above.
First I checked the differences on the packages, then I did a discharge test (keep in mind that eneloops are not charged 100% before being shipped) and the fakes ones? No idea.

Then I also did a charge and a discharge test. The discharge test revealed the difference enough... Almost 2500mAh for the eneloop Pro, and 2100 for the fakes.

ChibiM

Enlightened

BTW my next video is going to be a discharge test of 2 pieces of 10 year old eneloops. 1st generation, manufactured in April 2008. (unused, still inside their original Japanese package)
Looking much forward to that.

ChibiM

Enlightened

And finally the discharge test video is up.

Arghhhhh I hate (and at the same time like it a little) to edit video. I recorded the discharge for a few hours, which ended up in huge files.. and had trouble editing them on my pc. first my copy of the Cyberlink Powereditor couldnt speed up the video. Then I installed a few free ones including Shotcut and that bogged down my pc a lot. It even got to the point that it didnt show parts of the video, moved my added text and transitions went bad.. no idea how that all happened but the video is done.... not perfect, but it will show the results, and that is what counts.

And during the discharge I opened up the SkyRC App and clicked on the wrong button which stopped the first discharge... I added the other cell, and they were both pretty close.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2018

Yep. But it is always good to have more 'proof' :)

ChibiM

Enlightened

eneloop-tones-botanic-AA.jpg

New eneloop batteries June 2018. Not available yet looks like...
https://eneloop101.com/batteries/eneloop-limited-edition/

ChibiM

Enlightened

Thanks kilogulf59!

If you find some mistakes on the website, let me know.. Or if something is missing

J888www

Newly Enlightened

Eneloop is a Brand, now belong to Panasonic but the only factory in Japan that manufactures LSD batteries has been sold to Fujitsu.

Japanese always keep the best for themselves, always, it's a Japanese "Thing" so you can be sure the Takasaki battery plant will manufacture the best Eneloop available on the market for Panasonic......but
As technology advances, you can also be sure that Fujitsu who now owns the Takasaki plant will keep something better aside, away from their competitors (Panasonic).

Arguably the best Low Self Discharge batteries are no long Eneloop batteries.

Fujitsu Pro Black batteries are as good if not better than any Eneloop, or very soon will overtake Eneloop in everyway.

It's a Japanese Thing to be better, to have the best, to be the best at all costs.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Hey J888www,

That is highly possible. But why the assumptions? It's already more than 5 years ago, and still they are at the top. Sure that is possible.

I deleted the rest of my post after I read your sig line...

Last edited:

kilogulf59

Enlightened

Arguably the best Low Self Discharge batteries are no long Eneloop batteries.

Fujitsu Pro Black batteries are as good if not better than any Eneloop, or very soon will overtake Eneloop in everyway.
"The best" is a relative term.

It's a Japanese Thing to be better, to have the best, to be the best at all costs.
True.