p1d q5 premium stolen! EDIT,replacement found!

Databyter

Enlightened
Re: p1d q5 premium stolen! need replacement

I wonder if the OP is particularly susceptible to PWM "strobing". If that is the case, he might want to stick with the Fenix replacement for the P1D.
IIRC the Fenix replacement for the P1D does not have the strobe anymore, they deleted the function due to customer feedback, of which I was not one. I have real world applications for it and I like it, for instance signalling a family member in a loud noisy bright mall parking lot, or getting someones attention in a lit fleet parking lot at work. It's very effective.

EDIT Just looked it up to be sure, It's called the PD10 and it has the following modes,

Low: 6 lumens (64 hrs) -> Mid: 95 lumens (3 hrs) -> High 190 lumens (1 hr)

That's a lower and more useful low than original, no beacon or strobe, I was thinking of getting this for my dad because of the simplicity and reliability, but I'm leaning towards the illuminati TI for him, more keychainable and smart looking for an old geezer.

Last edited:

PayBack

Enlightened

Reaching strobe in a hurry is no big beal,just like having strobe for fun you know?

What do you mean about the quality? Mini is worse or better? In finish or function?
I have an Amilite Cuty but I can't carry it. The head is soo loose that it either turns on in my pocket and one time came off!

Fenix quality is better... the treads on the 4-7's is quite loose and you have to turn it off an extra half turn or pressure on the head will turn the light on.. in fact being so loose I'm amazed it's water resistant.

Also I'd feel ok running my fenix over with my car... I wouldn't do that with the 4-7s.

Having said that, I'm happy with my decision to buy two of them, as they're great for the price.

houtex

Enlightened

I went to the Houston gun show today and picked up 3 Quark mini 123's.
There's a dealer located here in houston that sells all the good stuff. EagleTac,Fenix,and 4sevens. Funny,I don't remember my p1d being this light or bright! Very happy with my purchase. I posted something about the dealer in the cheers section for you guys.

carrot

Flashaholic

So how does the Mini compare to your old P1D? I just found my old P1D today and I much prefer the MiNi, it's not just my memory.

houtex

Enlightened
I'll say one thing,reaching strobe ine the fenix was easier,but the Quark bets it in every other way.Smaller,brighter,lighter and just plain nicer looking. Sorry Fenix,I feel like I'm betraying you:shakehead.

PayBack

Enlightened
So I'm the only one bothered by the thread being so loose you can push the light on like a clicky without having to actually turn the head?

As I said, they're great lights but it seems I'm the only one to list any negatives at all and I'm not a negative perso.. actually I am but :p

houtex

Enlightened
I could turn all my twisty light on like that (fenix,amilite,neoca and 4sevens) The amilite being the easiest. It kinda bothers me but not much.

PayBack

Enlightened
I could turn all my twisty light on like that (fenix,amilite,neoca and 4sevens) The amilite being the easiest. It kinda bothers me but not much.

Well to do so with my Fenix requires it only just be turned off (maybe an 1/8th of a turn) and I have to push hard. With the 4sevens it can be turned off a lot more and still takes far less pressure.