• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joco

Newly Enlightened
Dave,

I really like your work. I would like to put together a light that would be geared toward runtime with about 200 or so lumens and a neutral beam. I'm guessing that an XP-G is what I'm looking for, so I assume about 5K 3C tint. Would a single level be best, or would a high/low accomplish the same thing? Power source would be one of AW's 18650s with 2 cr123s as backup if necessary. What are your suggestions?

Thanks for your advice.

John

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

I really like your work. I would like to put together a light that would be geared toward runtime with about 200 or so lumens and a neutral beam. I'm guessing that an XP-G is what I'm looking for, so I assume about 5K 3C tint. Would a single level be best, or would a high/low accomplish the same thing? Power source would be one of AW's 18650s with 2 cr123s as backup if necessary. What are your suggestions?

Thanks for your advice.

John

hi John

3 c XPG would be fine it is a daylight white but close to neutral I also have a 4000 K 5B3 that is more of an actual neutral although many do like the3c.
If you only want hi about 200 and geared more towards runtime but will need to cut the amperage back probably to around one amp versus something higher, at one amp and using a 3000 mah battery you would then get about three hours runtime on hi. As for levels I have the one level or three level with no to level, the three level is 5% 30% 100 percent. Your choice on levels as they won't affect runtime except that multilevel just adds to the runtime. Running two primaries or a single 18 650 is not a problem.

Thanks

Dave

joco

Newly Enlightened
hi John

3 c XPG would be fine it is a daylight white but close to neutral I also have a 4000 K 5B3 that is more of an actual neutral although many do like the3c.
If you only want hi about 200 and geared more towards runtime but will need to cut the amperage back probably to around one amp versus something higher, at one amp and using a 3000 mah battery you would then get about three hours runtime on hi. As for levels I have the one level or three level with no to level, the three level is 5% 30% 100 percent. Your choice on levels as they won't affect runtime except that multilevel just adds to the runtime. Running two primaries or a single 18 650 is not a problem.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

I'll take your advice.
$40 PP coming for: XP-G, 4K 5B3 tint, 3 levels, 1 amp driver, LOP reflector, with Potting.

Looking forward to it.

John

RCantor

Enlightened
Dave,

Thanks for your advice.

John

Well it's too late to influence your order but you definitely got the right tint. 4000K in an XML is too warm, but the 4000K XPG is the most perfect neutral I've ever seen. You'll love it.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi dave, is this new? i think i got 4500k before.

T50 flux Bin 4C 4300K neutral white

Hi

Yes I just got it in and the 4c will replace the 4a tint that I was carrying before. By the looks of the chart it should be somewhere around 4300 K as listed, I have just built a couple up and it is a great tint.

The U2's are now 1c tint replacing the 1a tint those the only two changes that have been made.

have a good weekend

Dave

Midnight Run

Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I just want to check my order with you before going through with it.
I'll be running the module in a titanium TnC P60 host with the extension tube that'll hold 2x18650 AW protected Li-ion 2900mAh rechargeable cells.
Host is the one in this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Series-Light-Housing!-**Shipping-7-14-7-15**

Here's what I plan on ordering:

Cree XM-L
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
3 level / 2.8 amp / 3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory)
OP reflector if available.
And I guess the potted option is recommended here?

That would be $45 + $5 + $5 = $55 + fees, shipped to France.

Order has now been placed.

Thanks!

Tashi.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I want 2 more of your great modules, here are the details...

Module 1 :

Cree XM-L
3 level / Low / Med / High regulated (2,8 - 6V)
OP reflector
Potted

Module 2 :

Cree XP-G
Q23000K 7A3 (90 CRI)
3 level high med low (2,8 - 6V)
OP reflector

Price : 40$ (XM-L) + 5$ (potted) + 35$ (XP-G) + 15$ (int. priority mail) = 95$ +4% credit card = 100$

Cheers,

Thierry

Paypal sent : Transaction ID: 49H32151EH072823H

Last edited:

akflash

Newly Enlightened
Thank you sir, Paypal sent on my first (surely not the last) NB drop-in!

Cree XM-L
T50 4A 4500k
2 Level High/Low Regulated (2.8-6V)
2.8 Amp
OP Reflector
Potted+Tape
$45

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 4Y1431271S7542628)

GMoney

Newly Enlightened
Cree XM-L
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with memory (2.8-6volt)
Potting with copper Tape
Smooth Reflector

$45 Total Unique Transaction ID # 8KA52160D6461823C

OtisCampbell

Enlightened
Cree XM-L
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated with memory (2.8-6volt), 2.8 Amp
Potting with copper Tape
OP Reflector

$45 + $5 Priority Shipping

Last edited:

mandrake

Newly Enlightened
Dave,
Got the XML U2 3.1 amp module with smooth reflector last Monday. It is a real nice unit. Somebody asked about the smooth versus LOP reflectors with the XML. I have a 3 or 4 with LOP and comparing the smooth, I like it better. As you mentioned the LOP is more difuse, but the smooth is like getting free lumens. It throws considerably better, though we know the XML in this small of a reflector will never be a huge thrower. What is nice is that in a ceiling bounce test the smooth lights up a room with an easily noticeable additional amount of light. On a white wall at 5 feet, there is one light ring. Out walking, lighting up the sidewalk, grass and trees 10 to 50 feet away, you just can't see any rings at all.

Great job on the module as usual and fast in getting it to me.

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited:

Midnight Run

Enlightened
Order has just been placed for a:

Cree XM-L
3 level / 2.8 amp / 3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory)
OP reflector.
Potted option.

$45 + $5 + $5 + fees = $58 paid by Paypal.

Thanks!

joco

Newly Enlightened
Well it's too late to influence your order but you definitely got the right tint. 4000K in an XML is too warm, but the 4000K XPG is the most perfect neutral I've ever seen. You'll love it.

RCantor,

Thanks for the input. You're correct, I was comparing to my XMLs at 4500K. I always try to take Dave's advice. As I've gotten more involved with this addiction, I've grown more to the neutral/warm side of the equation, and to appreciate run time and a more usable level of illumination. Still appreciate lumens, though.

John

WoodMan

Newly Enlightened
PayPal sent for:

XP-G
Q23000K 7A3
3 level H/M/L 2.8-6v with memory
1.7a
OP reflector

JoVo

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Hello Dave!

Can the XM-L direct drive drop in be used with an AW 18650 IMR? What is the advantage of direct drive in comparison to a regulated single mode drop in?
Thank you!

Jonas

rkJr

Enlightened
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Hey Dave,

I've got a fivemega 3P body bored out for either 16340 or an 18350 battery. looking for an XML drop in that will work with that combo, or what my options for drop ins might be with this host arrangement. As I understand it you have to adjust the reflector height to fit the five mega bodies.

Thanks,

Paul

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello Dave!

Can the XM-L direct drive drop in be used with an AW 18650 IMR? What is the advantage of direct drive in comparison to a regulated single mode drop in?
Thank you!

Jonas

Hi

Yes a direct drive should be able to be used with a IMR 18650, you will need to monitor the heat a bit since you are using more amperage than a li ion 18650. As for advantages of one over the other, I bet if you run a search of the forum you will get a better answer than here as I am sure some cna explain better.
Mainly with DD you are running off what ever the battery can dish out, it has no regulation so it will be very bright at first and dim as the battery drains, it is up to you to not over discharge the battery and up to you to monitor heat as those features are not available with a DD module.
The regulated will stay at the same level of brightness or close to it until battery is used to the cut off point of the driver. It is also heat monitored and reverse polarity which the DD is not. The regulated will give better runtime also since it is regulating the amperage supplied.

Realize that with a IMR you will have to monitor heat plus you will get reduced runtimes as most IMR 18650's are usually have a lower mah rating than li ion.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts