• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules - warm, neutral, cool white/SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 7)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. As for incan comparisons I want the color to match either the WA1185 or the Philips 5761 (both overdriven hotwires). Sounds like the SST-90 is closer to what I am looking for while the XP-G would be closer to a P60 lamp. Am I correct? Please let me know.

Thanks Again.

Hi

I do not use hotwires so I am at a loss there as I am pretty much just a led person.

The 3000k XPG is close to a surefire P60 incan as posted in a recent post but I can't really comment on the SST 90 and a 1185. These are U3 which are right on the black baseline in the tint chart and right at 3000k on the chart.

Sorry I am not more knowledgeable on incans.

Dave

Hi dave,

I just wanted to let you know I received my drop in a couple of days ago, and I love it. Its the best purchase ive made in a while.

Thank you for going the extra mile to help me out.

Brett

Hi Dave,

My apologies, I thought I would have received a "pay-pal received" message or verification somewhere on here.

Im rather new with the pay-pal thing... the Your Payment has been sent I had did not have a shipping address in the confirmation.

As long as you have an address... Its all good!

Sorry to clutter you up more!

Stephen

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. As for incan comparisons I want the color to match either the WA1185 or the Philips 5761 (both overdriven hotwires). Sounds like the SST-90 is closer to what I am looking for while the XP-G would be closer to a P60 lamp. Am I correct? Please let me know.

Thanks Again.

Hi

The 3000k XPG is very close to the SF Incan.

I do not use any hotwires so commenting on the 3000k SST 90 to compare it would be only a guess. It is right on the black baseline so it is not a weird tint basically amber shaded.

Dave

Hi dave,

I just wanted to let you know I received my drop in a couple of days ago, and I love it. Its the best purchase ive made in a while.

Thank you for going the extra mile to help me out.

Brett

Hi Brett

I am glad you are pleased that is all I need to hear, always glad to help

Dave

Hi Dave,

My apologies, I thought I would have received a "pay-pal received" message or verification somewhere on here.

Im rather new with the pay-pal thing... the Your Payment has been sent I had did not have a shipping address in the confirmation.

As long as you have an address... Its all good!

Sorry to clutter you up more!

Stephen

Hi Stephen

No problem, you will get a notice when your module ships which is 3 working days from paypal usually. Other than that if you have your options i paypal set up for a receipt then they will send a copy if you don't nothing is sent my side doesn't get involved like ebay does.

Dave

FAM

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for Linger Special, R2 4000k, potted. Host will be a Solarforce L2P running on an 18650. Total sent is $50. Paypal transaction id is 3PL302131H242691X

Thank you,
Fred

DasRoot

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave!
Love you drop-ins and I need a fix

Cree XP-G R5 -$35
3 level 1v-4.2v (going to be ran with 1xAA most times but might run with 18500, and rcr123)
R5 6500k tint

:paypal::thumbsup:
-Thanks in advance
DasRoot

Caroso

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

SST-50, 4500K, Regulated 2.8-6v, 2 level, OP $65
Priority Mail $15

$80

Thank you

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I just got my Nichia UV 365nm module. I am just starting to experiment with it, so I am anxiously waiting for this evening when I can light up some scorpions and see what else lights up in the woods.

Here's the technical feedback:

As I mentioned, I planned to put this in a Malkoff MD2 host. The module as delivered was 26.55 mm OD by my measurement. The host is also 26.55 mm inside. It was just a little tight for me to feel comfortable pushing it in. The M31W that rides in my other Malkoff is 26.18 mm OD.

I used a fine wet wheel and jig to bring the diameter of the module down to 26.49 mm (without creating fine aluminum dust to wreck the electronics). It feels just fine sliding into place now. In this host the module is retained by an aluminum ring that threads into the head and presses the module up against the front glass and a sealing ring.

It fits tightly in place now and functions just fine. I'll let you know how it "drives" outside later on.

Thanks for the fine service and the great custom module! lovecpf

- Andy

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I just got my Nichia UV 365nm module. I am just starting to experiment with it, so I am anxiously waiting for this evening when I can light up some scorpions and see what else lights up in the woods.

Here's the technical feedback:

As I mentioned, I planned to put this in a Malkoff MD2 host. The module as delivered was 26.55 mm OD by my measurement. The host is also 26.55 mm inside. It was just a little tight for me to feel comfortable pushing it in. The M31W that rides in my other Malkoff is 26.18 mm OD.

I used a fine wet wheel and jig to bring the diameter of the module down to 26.49 mm (without creating fine aluminum dust to wreck the electronics). It feels just fine sliding into place now. In this host the module is retained by an aluminum ring that threads into the head and presses the module up against the front glass and a sealing ring.

It fits tightly in place now and functions just fine. I'll let you know how it "drives" outside later on.

Thanks for the fine service and the great custom module! lovecpf

- Andy

Hi Andy

Wheww!! I am glad you got it to work, I will have to remember that most would not be able to make it work. I will keep the measurements for future needs.

Have fun with the bugs.

Dave

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

The Nichia UV 365nm module works very well for my purposes. Since the module doesn't emit very much visible light, objects that luminesce show a lot of contrast with their background.

Scorpions, lichen, cat pee, and security features on IDs and currency all show up very well.

A different frequency might make some of these things glow more, but the combination of very little visible light and a very specific UV output are a good combination.

BTW, moths go crazy over UV and will swarm to the light. :tinfoil:

We wore UV filtered safety glasses while playing with the light to avoid eyestrain, and what some people refer to as "welders flash" which is a pretty unpleasant eye injury.

Thanks again!

- Andy

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All

I just wanted to note that I now have modules that fit Farka's by Xeno.
These modules use actual Xeno module parts, all modules will have the same tight fit that the modules that come with the Xeno G5 and other Xeno products that use drop in modules.

I should be able to customize most of the offerings led wise that I have for conventional D26 modules.

I have made some SST 50 modules with 2.8 amp drives and some 1.4 amp XPG's modules with no problems.

i will have some pictures posted of the new modules in the next day or so.

Trying to make it a one stop shop for custom modules.

have a great holiday!!

Dave

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is good news Dave. I think a SST-50 would be a nice combo in one of these slightly deeper reflectors.

I bet these would work well in a M2 head if you trimmed the foam just a tad or you may not even need to. I am going to try out one of my factory Xeno XPG modules in a M2 head tonight.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave. I was able to get two of your standard p60 modules (sst-50 and xre) to work just fine in a Xeno Farka V5. All I did was take the main spring off of the module, drop that into the housing first and then drop the module in. All that does is allow the spring to contact at the taper of the module rather than wrap around it at the base of the reflector. This doesn't make the best contact and the light does flicker when its impacted longitudinally but I figure you could just use a longer and stiffer spring if you wanted a more permanent and elegant solution. And that would avoid having to have a specialized module for a particular model host and give the end user more versatility in hosts that can be used. Because for sure I can't use the xpg module made for the Farka in any of my surefire hosts. It's too long.

Hi All

I just wanted to note that I now have modules that fit Farka's by Xeno.
These modules use actual Xeno module parts, all modules will have the same tight fit that the modules that come with the Xeno G5 and other Xeno products that use drop in modules.

I should be able to customize most of the offerings led wise that I have for conventional D26 modules.

I have made some SST 50 modules with 2.8 amp drives and some 1.4 amp XPG's modules with no problems.

i will have some pictures posted of the new modules in the next day or so.

Trying to make it a one stop shop for custom modules.

have a great holiday!!

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is good news Dave. I think a SST-50 would be a nice combo in one of these slightly deeper reflectors.

I bet these would work well in a M2 head if you trimmed the foam just a tad or you may not even need to. I am going to try out one of my factory Xeno XPG modules in a M2 head tonight.

HI

I am sure you are right that it would work in a M2, as you said the foam may have to be trimmed but other than that the module should work.

Dave. I was able to get two of your standard p60 modules (sst-50 and xre) to work just fine in a Xeno Farka V5. All I did was take the main spring off of the module, drop that into the housing first and then drop the module in. All that does is allow the spring to contact at the taper of the module rather than wrap around it at the base of the reflector. This doesn't make the best contact and the light does flicker when its impacted longitudinally but I figure you could just use a longer and stiffer spring if you wanted a more permanent and elegant solution. And that would avoid having to have a specialized module for a particular model host and give the end user more versatility in hosts that can be used. Because for sure I can't use the xpg module made for the Farka in any of my surefire hosts. It's too long.

Hi

Yes the farka modules are certainly too long for most SF, I have not tried one yet but the may work in a L2P as their module pocket is a bit larger and takes a whole spring with my regular modules.

I had not tried your method using my regular modules, when I tried they would loose contact easily when bumped. I like the G5 as I have always been a C2 fan and it is somewhat a knock off, with the farka modules you definitely get a tight fit. You could not get a piece of copper tape on a Xeno module and get it to slide in, I was impressed at how tight they fit. I also noticed how well the heat passed from the module to the head and body, the modules do have a bit more metal in them making them a better thermal path.

It is not often as easy as it sounds to source product such as longer springs, items that are out of the ordinary are usually met with high minimums to acquire, plus it would still take copper tape to achieve the tight fit that the Farka module achieves.

Now we have authentic modules when needed as the Farkas' are a nice host, I will get some pictures later today of the modules.

Last edited:

Midnight Oil

Enlightened
Hi, Dave.

:paypal: for the following:

XP-E Q3 5C tint
3 levels regulated
2.8-6V
LOP

XP-G Q5 7A2 tint
3 levels regulated
2.8-6V
LOP

Thanks.

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

For all that orders the L-mini 1 amp driver, you must add $5 to the total for each module that uses this driver.

The cost of the driver is $5 more than my regular driver and is more than I can absorb.

Thanks

Dave

ryankan1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I have the Surefire 9P running 2x17500 cells from AW.

I currently have a dereelight Cree XR-E Q5 drop in and I want something brighter.

I am kinda looking at your Linger(2xXP-G), SST-50, MC-E or P7 drop in.

Will you be able to make any of them fit my voltage with 3 Mode, memory and regulation?

Please let me know what are my choices/ price and if possible estimated runtimes?

Thanks!
Ryan

p/s- You might not be able to send me PMs, since I've only ever used my CPFMarketplace account and this account have yet to be "promoted". I will check back in here daily though. Thanks again.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I have the Surefire 9P running 2x17500 cells from AW.

I currently have a dereelight Cree XR-E Q5 drop in and I want something brighter.

I am kinda looking at your Linger(2xXP-G), SST-50, MC-E or P7 drop in.

Will you be able to make any of them fit my voltage with 3 Mode, memory and regulation?

Please let me know what are my choices/ price and if possible estimated runtimes?

Thanks!
Ryan

p/s- You might not be able to send me PMs, since I've only ever used my CPFMarketplace account and this account have yet to be "promoted". I will check back in here daily though. Thanks again.

Hi Ryan

All of the modules you have mentioned above are high what I call high amperage modules, they all take 2.8 amp drivers or direct drive. They are also all 6 volts max as I have not found a good driver in the size required to run these drivers at higher voltage.

I have a R5 XPG that will run at 8.4 volts and is 3 levels, it will give about 325 OTF.

The only other possibility is a MCE wired 2S2P which is one level and would have a operating voltage of 7 -14 volts.

Dave

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave, time for another drop :D I would like:

One Cree XP-G R5 -$35 (levels are 100% / 40% / 5
% )
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp,
OP reflector, cool tint (if there are options)

Will run in a Solarforce L2 with an 18650

Thanks Dave!

ryankan1

Newly Enlightened
I have a R5 XPG that will run at 8.4 volts and is 3 levels, it will give about 325 OTF.

The only other possibility is a MCE wired 2S2P which is one level and would have a operating voltage of 7 -14 volts.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. Will the R5 have memory? How much would it cost, shipped to Malaysia? Do you have an estimated regulated run time?

Regards
Ryan

Tally-ho

Banned
:D
Geeze cut me some slack! I answer better than 30 Pm some days and emails, I simply missed yours but since I seem to have irritated you and you want to forget it no problem I am sorry I did not fit into your time schedule, I do still have to produce these modules also as there is just myself.

You didn't irritate me at all, but tell me how do you usually treat with someone who is not responding several times ?.
Despite my bad english i tried to ask politely each time but, by not responding you drove me to the point i didn't know how to ask again and if it was worth the effort to continue, that was the reason why i said that it might be better to forget it. At a time or another you have to set a limit, a point after which one you have to let something go (= to forget it).
As there is no specifiaction/information about you P4 module, i downloaded manufacturer PDFs in order to make my mind instead of consuming you time with something i could learn by myself, then i sent you PM to know if you had something close to what i found. I tried to bother you the less than i could.
I know that my english is a pain to read but it is also a pain to write and it is very time consuming to write it and then do "raw corrections". So asking again and again is sometimes not so easy.

A price, i asked for a price in order to know if i needed to bother you with more technical questions about something that was in my price range.
Why consuming your time and mine by asking several times for additionnal details about a module that i will finally not buy because of its price ?

PM me if I can still help you
It would have be simpler to finally PM me the price i was requesting several times (as you finally read it) instead of asking me to send another PM that you would have possibly miss again :devil:
When there is a failure in a system, beating it again and again will not fix it.

But now i confess that it is too late, i prefered to use my time searching parts to build it on my own.

EDIT:
You know I always try to get them out fairly quick although not quick enough for some as you can see:devil:
Funny :D

But I never ever asked for a delay, i only ask for a price and additional specifications (several times without response) in order to know what i was going to buy.
If you trashed my MPs, read again this message to refresh your memory about what i was really asking for !
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3507310#post3507310

I really didn't care about the delay needed to built it. I didn't even mentionned it or asked for it in none of my several (private) messages. :shakehead
Don't let think something about me that was not true to find an excuse. :tsk:

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dave, time for another drop :D I would like:

One Cree XP-G R5 -$35 (levels are 100% / 40% / 5% )
3 level high / med / low 2.8-6 volts with memory / 1.4 amp,
OP reflector, cool tint (if there are options)

Will run in a Solarforce L2 with an 18650

Thanks Dave!

So, I got up today, checked my email, and see that you have already made and sent this! Geez, what if I had changed my mind, haha. You the man, thanks Dave!

BTW, I'm visiting my Uncle in Colorado. He lives out in the country and I am having a lot of fun playing with my lights; many, of course, with drops made by you. I am continually impressed with them. Oh, and the SST-90 job you did with the Mag 1D? Whoa! Yeah, it's getting a lot of use. That thing lights up his barn 200 yards away! :eek::twothumbs:D

Last edited: