• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

P7 Rainier question.

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody here have a P7 Rainier in aluminum? I want to know just how hot it gets on high and how quickly it gets hot. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for one in titanium and have the same question. Such a little light, such a big LED and what's more, driven directly... :confused:

Henk- how many flashaholics are in Luxembourg- or is it just you?
Dying to know if you like that P7 Ranier. I still am picturing you living in a Castle surrounded by flashlights....:wave:

Henk- how many flashaholics are in Luxembourg- or is it just you?
Dying to know if you like that P7 Ranier. I still am picturing you living in a Castle surrounded by flashlights....:wave:

Well, it's certainly not just me, but perhaps I'm the king of the geeks?

There is at least one other Luxembouger on CPF, he once contacted me, don't remember his name. I found CPF over he local Surefire dealer, so he's probably here too.

That makes three Luxembourgers including me, but I don't know about the other 479.333 people. Yes, we are more or less half a million inhabitants here, around 40% foreigner (could be less, don't know these numbers) and many people from France, Germany and Belgium working here.

You are a romantic as it seems, perhaps you googled a litle bit and found some of our beautiful castles, we have completely restaurated ones, partly restaurated and many ruins. Some are inhabited, like the one of Colmar-Berg, where Heng, our grand-duke lives. I'm only about 10 kilometer away from there, but nevertheless I'm not him...

I'm dying to get an answer from Roby or Curt about that Rainier. I also had to ask for a few spare parts for my Caribbean, I opened it and encountered some problems to get it back together and ruined the lenses (it had two of them) and the reflector, I didn't find the white ring that's supposed to be under the reflector. They probably imagine me sitting here with pliers and screwdrivers waiting to kill some more innocent and harmless Peaks. I'm probably the king of not-being-able-to-reassemble-correctly-and-destroy-stuff.

I'll never open one again, promised! :shrug: *

* if the LED is centered and the reflector & lens clean

i've modified a few Brass Rainiers with P7's. You wont burn out
the led by using a standard AW lithium. It's going to get pretty warm..but it'll
stabilize as the battery voltage drops. Any of the metals should be fine.

now if you are going to use an IMR...be cautious about it..depending on led
vf bin, it could crank out anywhere from 2.8-3.5amps until the battery is drained. there's virtually no voltage drop using an IMR.

RMSK has about 5 or 6 Titanium Seoul P7 Rainiers in stock. A standard RCR123A
Lithium-Ion battery does not have the output capacity to deliver the current to
harm the P7 in direct drive applications. A single 18350 or an 18500 will deliver about
2.5 amps to the "I" voltage bin P7, that would require a larger flashlight head and body
than the Rainier.

King of Lux:
We normally use a BFH to assemble the tough ones. :naughty:

Curt

RMSK has about 5 or 6 Titanium Seoul P7 Rainiers in stock. A standard RCR123A
Lithium-Ion battery does not have the output capacity to deliver the current to
harm the P7 in direct drive applications. A single 18350 or an 18500 will deliver about
2.5 amps to the "I" voltage bin P7, that would require a larger flashlight head and body
than the Rainier.

King of Lux:
We normally use a BFH to assemble the tough ones. :naughty:

Curt

I should change my nick perhaps... :cool:

That reassures me about the P7, but does "RMSK has about 5 or 6 Titanium Seoul P7 Rainiers in stock" mean that you don't sell any? Unfortunately, I can't order at RMSK in my kingdom.

What is a BFH? You must use red Loctite on mine!

Joking aside, I'll wait patiently... :sigh:

a Big "Friendly" Hammer, no doubt. :D
:crackup:....quick someone get the Big Frackin' Hammer- I need to fine tune my threads!

Henk- you are hilarious.....don't change a thing...:wave:

I still think you should be Viceroy of Peakland- MWClint can be King- he has likely the most bada@@ collection of Peaks I have ever seen.

Last edited:
:crackup:....quick someone get the Big Frackin' Hammer- I need to fine tune my threads!

Henk- you are hilarious.....don't change a thing...:wave:

I still think you should be Viceroy of Peakland- MWClint can be King- he has likely the most bada@@ collection of Peaks I have ever seen.

Yeah, I bet I am... :sigh:

I won't change a thing because I can't. How many times did I forbid myself to open any devices, I don't seem to even listen!

At least I learnt something today, that's the good news. I'm gonna have a look in the local store for that BFH, hope they still have one in stock, it's the device I miss to succeed at least.

Meanwhile I sit here with a Caribbean sporting a rattling reflector and a scratched lens. It still works thouh! :D

Do I qualify for Viceroy with 3 Eiger and that Caribbean (Rainier still unsure)? Wow, I don't need more at Peakland than in Luxembourg to get a high position...

good point Henk....perhaps you would be better suited as the new Ministère de la Culture of Peakland.....since you have so much class.
I hereby officially nominate you.:D

Hi is there anywhere i can see the tailcap button offered for the rainer, its listed only in ss and brass how to combine it with the ti rainer then?