Paul Kim's desk

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
Paul Kim\'s desk

In the 2005 Surefire Illumination Products Catalog, page 17, there's a picture of the enviable Paul Kim at his desk. Over by his phone there's "The Beast". Behind the beast there's a light that dwarfs it. Anyone know what it is??

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paul Kim\'s desk

Hmmm, I think I know what he means.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm surprised SF catalogs show PK's desk. There seems to be so much R&D and proprietary stuff there I would think SF would want to keep the lid on it until they have patents secured. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AJ_Dual

Enlightened

Pure marketing savvy, creating buzz amongst the geeks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can't just make a big flashlight based on an extreme application of existing battery and bulb technology and patent it. There has to be some unique tech, such as optics, control circuitry/logic, new materials, or clever machining somewhere. You're not going to figure much, if any, of that out from incidental appearance as background in picture.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

I looked at the gigantic head on the M6 and almost drooled on the spot...Hmm....that can't possibly house a HID unit in there now could it? If it does have a MN21 in there then the beam would be a real searchlight beam...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

That picture has also changed, with small bits edited out over various printings...

Interesting...

--dan

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it's the Hellfire - the rechargeable version of the Beast. It weighs 20 pounds if it's the same light I'm thinking of.......

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

MB, I recently got to fondle a rechargeable Beast. It was on public display, so I guess it's ok to describe it, not to mention it's also probably a prototype. It was the same size and weight as the regular model with minor(!) appearance differences on the "handle." The charger was built into the carrying case, and the case also acts as a charging cradle. There were two contacts on opposite sides of the "handle" for charging in the cradle. There was also a LED built into the handle to indicate charging status. PK gave a very impressive runtime number for it. Any more would be speculative on my part.

(And I finally got my hands on a calendar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Larry

vhyper007

Enlightened

Hi 270,
you say that: MAg623/138/625 is here. Where and what is it as if I could afford it anyway. I'd have to fart in my pocket to have a cent.+
Regards,
vhyper

code09

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
chimo said:
Is it the one in this photo?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy cow...hahahaha

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's not a flashlight, that's a truck strut! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif