Peak Eiger: Ordered!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D

Thanks! It started off as a function thing. Quality steel is tougher than even Ti (gasp!) but its heavy. SS heads + HA bodies put the strength were its needed most and keep the overall weight down by wrapping the heaviest part (the batteries) in the lightest material, aluminum. Small aluminum lights also tend to be 'back heavy', so loaded with a cell, these feel balanced too.

It wasn't until we saw them that we said wow:
peakprofiles.jpg

This was the post that stuck in my mind and a spur of the moment change occured when I asked Robyn at Peak if she could do the 2-tone thing and she was happy to oblige. I was originally going to order 1 aluminum and 1 brass Eiger. I like the look of the 2-tone and it will give it a little more heft to it. Thanks for the pic and if you are Overready I will probably order through you eventually especially if you are willing to do custom orders (I had Robyn do the #0.5 level Eigers which Curt okay'ed the day before when I called). The look is genius and I wish you success and hope the guys at Peak do well, they are nice folks!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I use an unprotected 10440 in my #4 Eiger but am careful during recharging and do not let it get drained low. BTW, I have atually seen the first protected 10440 cell (At least to me) being offered at Batteryjunction.

Thanks for the note, we'll have to look into this. Hopefully it will be shorter cell + PCB vs a longer cell that won't fit!

Thanks for the pic and if you are Overready I will probably order through you eventually especially if you are willing to do custom orders

We live to customize/improve things but are still getting up to speed with the Peak basics. And yes, we are.

The first 2-tone Peak I recall seeing was in a post by MWClint, who combined a Brass head with an HAIII body. Somewhat more heft than with the SS head, and very, very classy.

Nice. I've decided to photo/ship all brass pre-polished. Gunno look good!

Bronco

Enlightened
Oh you've been beaten to the Peak website complaining game by a few hundred CPF'ers.

Peak really does need to fix their website, but thanks to the plethora of information on CPF you can still figure out exactly what you want.

Geez, you guys are such nitpickers. I for one like to have the ability to shop for flashlights and go apartment hunting all at the same time. WTF? ;) :D

De-Lux

Enlightened
Thanks for the note. This is something we have considered. I have an unprotected/unsafe chem in my personal Eiger (10280), but I'm reluctant to move outside of protected or safe for my listed battery options, which are seen by non CPF'ers. The El Cap will soon have the IMR14500 for example, but there is and will be no 'consumer friendly' lithium option in the 10440 size. OTOH, I've not heard of any incidents with smaller unprotected cells.

It is always a deal breaker for me if a light does not run on rechargeable Litium Ion cells whether protected or not but I understand why you would omit that info due to liability issues. Maybe you can mention that they can run on rechargeable Lithium Ion cells and submit a disclaimer explaining the potential dangers of using unprotected cells. I personally prefer unprotected over protected due to the effect of parasitic drain on protected cells.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first 2-tone Peak I recall seeing was in a post by MWClint, who combined a Brass head with an HAIII body. Somewhat more heft than with the SS head, and very, very classy.

IMG0002-12.jpg

Very nice Dances with Flashlights, I hadn't seen that picture before. You're correct, very classy! Seeing you in a bunch of Peak threads, you might consider changing your name to Dances with Peak Flashlights, haha.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
ElectroGuru,

I am sorry, I cannot access your website right now because of work. But I am curious will you have a beamshot of each level, rough lumen, and their est. runtime?

For someone new to peak, I really don't know how bright is #5 or 6. And how narrow is narrow beam.

Thanks.