• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak LED Solutions Q&A - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robban

Enlightened
Re: Peak LED Solutions Q&A

[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
I viewed the peakled website and I find the blue links and red hilighted words difficult to read, especially on the black background. jm2c

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not the only one. I've always hated blue on black, it just gets fussy in my eyes. I'm not colour blind or anything like that it's just that the two colours just don't work for me.

Great to hear that you are able to continue your multiled lights. And I'm also looking forward to more news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new lights look great, good to know that the 3-LED Matterhorn is still rolling out. I am looking into a lug style body for my Matterhorn, the stock screw-in lug broke.
Any news on the Luxeon AA and AAA?

maninblack

Newly Enlightened

I want to get a 3 led version of the pocket matterhorn light, but when I click on the picture the description says 1 led aaa. Will you correct this so I can order please? Are there plans for a stainless body in lug or pocket style? The pocket version looks nice and I would buy a stainless one for sure.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

Dallas, can you post an end- on pic of the McKinley...it looks like the led's have no sidewall protecting them....could be my monitor though.

also, is there a difference between the old vs. new beams?

DallasA

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Nell said:
Can you describe in text how the new head is physically different from the old one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The new insert reflector is now a special custom 3 stage compared to a standard one stage.

[ QUOTE ]
Robban said:
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
I viewed the peakled website and I find the blue links and red hilighted words difficult to read, especially on the black background. jm2c

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not the only one. I've always hated blue on black, it just gets fussy in my eyes. I'm not colour blind or anything like that it's just that the two colours just don't work for me.

Great to hear that you are able to continue your multiled lights. And I'm also looking forward to more news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you guys suggest? I find all colors annoying myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
The new lights look great, good to know that the 3-LED Matterhorn is still rolling out. I am looking into a lug style body for my Matterhorn, the stock screw-in lug broke.
Any news on the Luxeon AA and AAA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Send you old key chain body in for a replacement for the lug style sense you old one is covered under warranty.

News on the Luxeon AAA & AA to come................. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
meeshu said:
For the Ultra-Power versions of the lights, are the LEDs overdriven?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes on White LED's explanation:

LED manufactures recommend maximum current to WHITE LED's is 30ma.
Recommended maximum current to RED LED's is 50ma.

"Hi-Power Outputs versions" are not overdriving the LED's

An Ultra-Power Output version of 40ma to each LED would overdrive a WHITE LED, but would still be under the recommended limits of A RED LED.

At 23ma drive current ( Standard version ) the life of a WHITE LED would be about 8,000 hours, and a RED LED at about 90,000 hours.

At 30ma drive current ( Hi-Power version ) the life of a WHITE LED would be about 6,000 hours, and a RED LED at about 50,000 hours.

At 40ma drive current ( Ultra-Power version ) the life of a WHITE LED would be about 2,000 hours, and a RED LED at about 20,000 hours.

Stated hours are with a bench current supply. Individual LED life times vary by as much as 20%. Battery drive hours tend to be longer.

[ QUOTE ]
meeshu said:Or are the LEDs special high output types?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[ QUOTE ]
maninblack said:
I want to get a 3 led version of the pocket matterhorn light, but when I click on the picture the description says 1 led aaa. Will you correct this so I can order please? Are there plans for a stainless body in lug or pocket style? The pocket version looks nice and I would buy a stainless one for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed, sorry about that thank you for bring it to my attention.

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Blue said:
Dallas, can you post an end- on pic of the McKinley...it looks like the led's have no sidewall protecting them....could be my monitor though.

also, is there a difference between the old vs. new beams?

[/ QUOTE ]

The LED's are still protected by a side wall and,

Peak LED Solutions multi LED Designs
Old Style vs. New Style

With the New Design of Peak LED Solutions multi LED's these new
designs have taken the great throw and has integrated the addition of
side spill ( flood ), and has improved and increased the quality and
brightness of the hot spot ( center focal point ).

Here are the pictures I promised finally got a replacement camera.

CR123 7LED http://www.peakledsolutions.com/images/CR123OvsN.JPG
http://www.peakledsolutions.com/images/oldnew.JPG
AAA 3 LED http://www.peakledsolutions.com/images/AAAOvsN.JPG

Have a Great Week Guys!

MJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jacques

Newly Enlightened

Try to order Matterhorn 3 leds but it state:

Note: Requested quantity not available for some items at this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

when will they avaiable???

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am

DallasA, thanks for reposting the LED specs (I still missed these after doing a search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Unless I am missing something (again, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif), I thought that LED lifetimes are supposed to be in the region of 100,000 hours if they are not overdriven!? Although the lifetime of your red LEDs are in the general vicinity of 100,000 hours, your white LEDs appear to have very short lifetimes (only 2000 ~ 8000 hours)!? Are the lifetimes of your white LEDs correct? If so, then why do the white LEDs have short lifetimes?

Also, if it is not commercially sensitive, who manufactures the LEDs you use (ETG perhaps)?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Meeshu,
The LED "last" a long time except the white ones. The phospher gets smoked over time although the LED itself is fine. Peak is one of the few that actually admit to real run times, they last longer if you like blue LEDs.
Yep, I broke the lug on a Peak! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif It took a war, way too much smacking around and general mayhem with that light to break it (I beat the crap out of things to recommend them for severe use) Sending it back would entail actually having it leave me for a time which is something I can't do (we have bonded) I guess I will get another Peak and send the tail back. I promise I won't have the light run over by a 5 ton truck anymore (at least not this year)
My wife loves the brass 5 LED white AA flashlight by the way, she has "adopted it".

Vifam

Enlightened

Is there a picture with all three styles of Matterhorn AAA side by side? One would show the differece in style and lengh. I'm try to decide which one to get but the pictures on Peak's site don't show enough.
Thanks,

DallasA

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
jacques said:
Try to order Matterhorn 3 leds but it state:

Note: Requested quantity not available for some items at this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

when will they avaiable???

[/ QUOTE ]

HA is not available until May 1st

[ QUOTE ]
meeshu said:
DallasA, thanks for reposting the LED specs (I still missed these after doing a search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Unless I am missing something (again, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif), I thought that LED lifetimes are supposed to be in the region of 100,000 hours if they are not overdriven!? Although the lifetime of your red LEDs are in the general vicinity of 100,000 hours, your white LEDs appear to have very short lifetimes (only 2000 ~ 8000 hours)!? Are the lifetimes of your white LEDs correct? If so, then why do the white LEDs have short lifetimes?

[/ QUOTE ]

The manufacture is reference is to the life of the LED not the color of the phosphor. When during more current the phosphor burns faster.

[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
Meeshu,
The LED "last" a long time except the white ones. The phospher gets smoked over time although the LED itself is fine. Peak is one of the few that actually admit to real run times, they last longer if you like blue LEDs.
Yep, I broke the lug on a Peak! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif It took a war, way too much smacking around and general mayhem with that light to break it (I beat the crap out of things to recommend them for severe use) Sending it back would entail actually having it leave me for a time which is something I can't do (we have bonded) I guess I will get another Peak and send the tail back. I promise I won't have the light run over by a 5 ton truck anymore (at least not this year)
My wife loves the brass 5 LED white AA flashlight by the way, she has "adopted it".

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL….Smile…email me your address [email protected]

[ QUOTE ]
Vifam said:
Is there a picture with all three styles of Matterhorn AAA side by side? One would show the differece in style and lengh. I'm try to decide which one to get but the pictures on Peak's site don't show enough.
Thanks,

[/ QUOTE ]

Side by Side Pic hopes this helps http://www.peakledsolutions.net/images/sbs.JPG

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!

MJ
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nell

Enlightened

Are the new style brighter due to higher capacity LED or is it due to the new head allowing the beam to merge into one beam? I have both the 3LED AAA and the 5LED AA. I like the AAA size but enjoy the AA beam strength. How does the new 3LED AAA compare with the old 5 LED AA?

Thanks.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dallas,

Thank you very much for the keyring "plug", which arrived today and fits very easily into the rear of both my Kilimanjaro and my Matterhorn,. It replaces the keychain ring, and thus shortens the body a good bit.

If you would offer these, in all finishes, as an "accessory", I think many customers would have an interest. I would hope they would be cheap and easy to produce, and could be shipped inexpensively in an envelope.

Any possibility of this?

Once again, thank you very much for the plug and for your excellent customer support. My thanks also to Ms. Seabert, who apparently mailed the package.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

MJ,

My Old Style McKinley Body got burnt (of course, it was my mistake, keeping dead batteries in the light... )... So, I want to buy a New Body for McKinley... I looked for Assessories Section... I could not find that either... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .. The AAA Bodies & Heads were Available though !...

I also look forward to buy a New Style 3 LED, AAA SS, High Power, Lug Style (one of the Shortest & Brightest) AAA Available in 5mm Lights ....

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

! Peak ? ... take a peak please !.... Emailed you too, No Response ?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone gotten a "new style" Matterhorn 3 LED, ultra power or high power, and can compare it to "old style" of same?

Thanks.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has any received the brass Atlantic yet? If so how is the quality of the machining? What are your over all thoughts. Were did you order it.

DallasA

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Nell said:
Are the new style brighter due to higher capacity LED or is it due to the new head allowing the beam to merge into one beam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
Nell said: I have both the 3LED AAA and the 5LED AA. I like the AAA size but enjoy the AA beam strength. How does the new 3LED AAA compare with the old 5 LED AA?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have not compared

[ QUOTE ]
AFAustin said:
Dallas,

Thank you very much for the keyring "plug", which arrived today and fits very easily into the rear of both my Kilimanjaro and my Matterhorn,. It replaces the keychain ring, and thus shortens the body a good bit.

If you would offer these, in all finishes, as an "accessory", I think many customers would have an interest. I would hope they would be cheap and easy to produce, and could be shipped inexpensively in an envelope.

Any possibility of this?

Once again, thank you very much for the plug and for your excellent customer support. My thanks also to Ms. Seabert, who apparently mailed the package.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome, this was just an idea that popped into my head that would get the job done for you, I doughty it will be a stock item.

[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

! Peak ? ... take a peak please !.... Emailed you too, No Response ?

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif Did not get it, Please resend it to [email protected]

[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
Has any received the brass Atlantic yet? If so how is the quality of the machining? What are your over all thoughts. Were did you order it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try RMSK Inc. or Pocketlight.com

Ok guys I have some more info:

The HA in 3 LED and 7 LED are now available…..

*** For Some reason Yahoo is having problems with the Inventory support system and are working very hard to get it fixed…in the mean time I have a temporary fix in place so it should work. If you have a problem please let me know so I can get back on it… I have spent the last 6 hours working on it.***

As for the Atlantic they are available from our Dealers at this time. We will offer them direct Mid May.

I hope to have more new information sometime at the end of next week

Have a Great Week!

MJ

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DallasA said:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif Did not get it, Please resend it to [email protected]

MJ

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked my mail, I got a Response (from [email protected]) . I was awaiting Response to my previous order regarding a PayPal Payment ...also thanks for clarifying the Yahoo Trouble, I was under the impression that my email & order didnt reach .... I will CC my query & details to your address too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks once again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.