Peanuts

MatthewMurdock

Newly Enlightened
I tried this with a plastic bottle of Pepsi. Given the shape and size of the neck, it was awkward at best until I drank about 1/2 the bottle. The neck was essentially long enough to have the threads for the cap. I had to drink a little in the beginning to have enough space for the peanuts. With the peanuts floating on top of the soda, whenever I took a swig, maybe 1 or 2 peanuts would come through peacefully. The rest felt like a dam of peanuts breaking. Once about half the bottle was empty, there was enough space to drink comfortably and having the peanuts flow through like a river.

I'm surmising that the shape and the much longer neck of a glass soda bottle, it would be easier to eat and drink the peanuts.

For the taste, it was whatever. Pepsi tasted like Pepsi and the peanuts tasted like peanuts. I would think you could do the same with plain, unsalted peanuts. I would not want to try with the fancy peanuts such as the honey roasted. I'm thinking the honey coating would taste well with soda.

I am certainly trying again when I can find a glass soda bottle.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am certainly trying again when I can find a glass soda bottle.
Yeah, good luck with that. All the bottlers in my area have gone all plastic bottles and aluminum cans. About the only glass bottled pop I see is the Mexican stuff in the Hispanic foods aisle in the supermarket, or maybe in Cracker Barrel. I drove a Coke straight truck, with the roll-up doors on the side, for a delivery route once, for about a month, back when you had returnable bottles. What a pain in the posterior! Drivers have it much easier now, they don't have to deal with returnable glass bottles. But, I miss them. Gave kids a way to raise pocket money, and a great way to shoot bottle rockets. :) Memories... At the state fair, someone would hang the bottle by the neck, add heat to the neck and stretch the bottles. Fill 'em with food coloring and water, and cork 'em. Sold 'em for novelties. Some folks collect 'em. I like to look at the old ones, they bring back memories. :)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love all peanuts except the boiled variety. I love spicy food so the spicier the better if dry roasted.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I just like plain old dry-roasted peanuts. Not Planters though. They leave too much of the skin on their nuts. Every other brand does a better job of peeling them off.