Pelican news!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 3-watt Pelican M6 LED will be able to pump out 80 lumens if driven hard (the 3-watt Inova T3 is rated at 80 lumens and only uses 2 123 batteries). If it retains the excellent beam as the 1-watt PM6 LED, and is given type III finish it will be very handy.

batterystation

Enlightened
I cannot imagine it being $100 but do not know what a 3 watt cost. There have been dozens of conversations regarding such a flashlight and a very long thread in the dealers forum regarding an HA3 natural version. The 3 watt deal was an upgrade of the original idea. It would appear by all counts that some sort of version of this light will in fact become available in the near future. No dates though. CPFers will be treated very well on this when it happens.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
batterystation said:
CPFers will be treated very well on this when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much abliged. After the Surefire L2, the Pelican M6 LED is my favorite (top notch beam) flashlight. Not a single actifact in the beam, and excellent transition from hotspot to corona. Plus, every PM6 LED I have has excellent tint. When they make the 3-watt version, especially if it also has 3HA finish, I will buy at least six of them.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kevin will treat you right too.

He was nice about my being an anal SOB, and returning a green tinted Gerber LX 3.0 for replacement.

The new one is white, and fine.

I bought my Pelican M6 LED from them also, and it is one WHITE sucker.

Flashlight Enthusiast
^Yep, I've ordered from Battery Station many times and service is excellent.

steve_vance

Enlightened
a little bird also told me that they have several other new models in testing now, for release at year's end:
Stealthlite w/recoil-LED, with rear clickie switch
Stealthlite w/5-LED (5mm) array), with rear clickie switch
Stealthlite incand., with rear clickie switch
Little Ed w/recoil LED, with rear clickie switch
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FYI

Azreal911

Enlightened
I think they will have to put regulation into mind though, considering UK is their direct competition and has a few lights in the lineup with regulation already on it. Their eLed 4aa and their 2aaa (semi-regulated).

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
JML said:
...I made some suggestions about the holster. But they're already coming out with a new holster, with an extra pocket for the spare Lithium batteries...

[/ QUOTE ]

This excellent holster by GALLS for
their "HALO light" has a well designed
flapped pocket for 2x123s
but the PM6 may be too long for it.

26257.jpg

Brightnorm