• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Perfectly Anodized ARC MOFO-CLICKY FOR SALE In stock!!

mahoney

Enlightened
The McE2S switch assembly would replace the McClicky switch. The McE2S delrin ring would retain the rubber boot and the continuity ring (or a similar ring)would have to be re-installed loosely after the McE2S to provide operating room for the McE2S. But the McE2S does require slightly bigger clearance at the battery end as noted previously.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Regarding my not screwing MOFO all the way down on my flupic modded First Run, the circuit gets nuts when I put to much pressure on the board. Bombelman crammed a lot of stuff in that small space, also used his new brass heat sink. It is not a priority to cut down spring, but I need to to that, as it is just barely screwed down. I have tried to remove McClicky switch to no avail, and do not want to gouge it by over doing it.

Bill

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The continuity ring can't be loose. The light will not work.

As for making it a dual level light, it may be easier to install a multilevel driver than to replace the switch with a 2 level switch.

The reason your MofoClicky doesn't screw down all the way is because the heatsink and reflector assembly is TOO tall. Unfortunately there is a limited amount of space in the head any mod which is taller than the original driver emitter optic assembly. Basically it is OUT OF SPEC. The depth of the driver is critical. too shallow (your condition) and only twisty's work properly. too deep and the battery can't make contact with the driver board.
It is tricky to get a front glass/reflector/emitter/driver/heatsink all to fit.
I have a couple of modded Arcs which do in fact have all of the components required that fit into the space and also allow the MofoClicky to fit properly. It really takes a top flight modder to make these mods and have the light operate perfectly with twists and clickies.

I am going to play with installing a 2 level switch into a mofoClicky.
If I manage to do it and have it work reliably I will post images which show how to do it.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I have never been a huge fan of 2 level switches of any kind. I have never found that they operate 100% for me. I prefer either a single ON OFF clickie or to run a driver which makes use of the momentary on ability of a switch like the (McClicky) mofoClicky to act as a logic for a driver. Using a driver to set the levels is much more flexible, including the ability to set several levels and a strobe and or SOS feature.
The Piglet has these features and fits into an ARC nicely with the correct heat sink.

BTW guys I still have some MOFOClicky's So feel free to order anytime.
If you are an ARC owner and are on the fence I will send you a MOFOClicky to try. If you like it (I am Betting that you will) you send me the cash. If you don't you send me the AS NEW MOfoClicky back.
How is that for a deal? Sorry open to USA customers only (shipping these around the world for trials is too expensive). If you want to take me up on this offer PM me and we will arrange it.
I say there is nothing like a free test drive.
Yaesumofo

The McE2S switch assembly would replace the Mclisky switch. The McE2S delrin ring would retain the rubber boot and the continuity ring (or a similar ring)would have to be re-installed loosely after the McE2S to provide operating room for the McE2S. But the McE2S does require slightly bigger clearance at the battery end as noted previously.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one and, as I've stated before, the construction including the knurling and annodizing are the best, the very best I've seen, far surpassing the original finish of the Arc LSs. Mine now works perfectly in combination with a modded LS having a FluPic and reflector installed. Try one (or more!) you'll like 'em!

Karl

ELDE

Newly Enlightened
Yaesumofo,

I have not received mine yet , could you check and let me know the shipping date ?

thank you ,

ELDE

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stlnder...you won't regret it...lovely add on for your Arc LS.

BTW, Yaesu, I will need a second one of these at the end of the month...great tailpack!

CFU

mahoney

Enlightened
Any un-anodized ones left? I have a grey kit that could use a clicky.

Also, FWIW, I did think of a big downside to replacing the McClicky with the McE2S, assuming it fits. The McE2S would only operate in momentary mode. No way to lock it on.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The McE2S's I have owned would lock on in the low mode by screwing the switch in, but not far enough to engage the high mode. Screw it further down and it will stay in the high mode. From unscrewed out and no light you can activate low by pressing on the switch boot, let go and it will turn off. Press further and you can activate the high mode, release and light will turn off. Those are the momentary modes.

Bill

mahoney

Enlightened
The MOFO-CLICKY is a one piece battery pack/tailcap unit, unlike SureFire or Aleph with the separate tailcap. When you tighten the tailcap on a SureFire or Aleph, you force the McE2S against the rear of the battery pack for sustained on. That feature would not exist in a McE2S equipped MOFO-CLICKY.

All this is rather theoretical anyway, it's still unclear that a McE2S would fit.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
mahoney, yeah, I wasn't thinking. My MOFO is working with my flupic modded head. Flupic works great but I need a few more mAh's to really make it shine. A 18650 body with flupic would be wonderful, of course with something like the MOFO setup, or maybe Leef would do a run with the McClickyl like he is thinking about doing with the PD.

Bill

stldnder

Newly Enlightened
I received my anodized MOFO-CLICKY yesterday afternoon. Wow!

Very nicely machined and finished, and it works perfectly with my Arc LSH-S. Woot! A big thumbs up and thank you. :thumbsup:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanna another! Will send you payment this week!! Come and get them folks, they're the best after market LS item ever!!

Karl

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys just giving myself a free bump.
I still have plenty of these. If you have an ARc LS and do not have a MOFOClicky you do not know what ou are missing. A MofoClicky will breath new life into your old ARC.
Anway Just give one a try you can't go wrong.
yaesumofo