Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout24

Flashaholic
FA-thankfully, you did not ask "Whom said whom?"... :poke: :D All in good fun, DM... I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but my Wife's biggest peeve is "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less"... Drives her bananas. Mine is usless, entitled co-workers with the attitude that we should just be glad they showed up 10 minutes late, not dressed for work, on the cell for another 10... Hey, it's the least we can do to carry them along. That, and the supervisors who allow it.

Burgess

Flashaholic
i hear ya', Scout24 !

" I've gotta' be here 8 Hours a Day. You expect me to WORK, too ? ? ? "

:shakehead
_

Monocrom

Flashaholic
. . . Mine is usless, entitled co-workers with the attitude that we should just be glad they showed up 10 minutes late, not dressed for work, on the cell for another 10... Hey, it's the least we can do to carry them along. That, and the supervisors who allow it.

Oh, I had forgotten about that one. Happened all the time at my last job. Difference being, I didn't get to go home until my relief/co-worker arrived. Sometimes, they didn't arrive and didn't call. Usually they'd get fired for that stunt. But once in awhile, they got to keep their jobs. I've met a great many low-life individuals while working security. But none as low as my boss at that last client's site. Can't believe the sheer level of garbage and nonsense I used to put up with there. Nothing like waiting for your relief to show up . . . Only to find out that you have to stay behind and work another 8-hour shift on less than last minute notice. I'm glad I was fired without cause.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
My latest pet peeve is when your monitoring a thread, you notice one enthusiastic responder editing his post, probably because he wants to get the wording right. After his fourth edit, you decide to respond to the thread to assist the OP. You then find out the enthusiastic responder has edited his post one again to make it sound like the post you have just posted in the thread.

booky

Newly Enlightened
One of my pet peeves is when I am at the market, and people block the aisle with their shopping carts.

There are other people there, not just you! Just like driving, stick to the right of the aisle people. Don't just leave your cart in the middle of the aisle and spend your sweet time looking through the cereal aisle.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of my pet peeves is when I am at the market, and people block the aisle with their shopping carts.

There are other people there, not just you! Just like driving, stick to the right of the aisle people. Don't just leave your cart in the middle of the aisle and spend your sweet time looking through the cereal aisle.

In the past, I used to be nice about that, and just said "Excuse me."

But I then realized these folks know better. (Or at least they should.) So I just gently move their cart out of the way. Been doing that for awhile now. No one ever says anything about it. If they ever do, I'd just smile and respond with; "Oh that's okay. I can see you're busy, so I moved it out of the way for you." Then walk away as if everything is fine.

If they argue with you, they look like a nut job for getting upset with someone who was just helping them out.

DM51

Flashaholic

The problem there, or so I understand, is that most of the drivers are... well... not men, if you see what I mean. I am happy to leave shopping to Mrs. DM51, and I certainly wouldn't want to be in a supermarket at the same time she was - I receive numerous complaints about her behavior, lol.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Time to resurrect this thread. I had just finished posting this little story when CPF went down.

False advertising or representation of a product ticks me off. A few weeks ago I picked up an LED booklight at the dollar store. I had some suspicions, and it was obvious when I fired it up that it was not a LED. I was able to remove a diffuser to verify it was not. So back to the Dollar Tree I went. The manager fiddled with the light a bit trying to remove the diffuser, then suddenly smashed it on the counter. Finding the offending piece he agreed it was not a LED, and said he would e-mail corporate.

Sure buddy. As you might imagine the "LED Booklights" are still hanging on the rack.

Geoff

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Maybe LED stands for Light Emitting Dimbulb in this case. That would aggravate me also, Geoff.

We recently purchased a set of jack stands from a well known seller of inexpensive import tools. On the outside of the box they were rated for 4 tons. On the instructions inside they were rated for 2 tons. :scowl:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Parents who refuse to control or discipline their children when out in public.

GrnXnham

Enlightened
FA-thankfully, you did not ask "Whom said whom?"... :poke: :D All in good fun, DM... I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but my Wife's biggest peeve is "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less"... Drives her bananas.

I'm with your wife. That drives me nuts. Saying "I could care less" doesn't make any sense at all.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you're on line at the checkout of the Dollar Store, and the person in front of you whips out a credit card.

Really?! You're going to use a freaking credit card to pay for literally a handful of small items . . . at the the Dollar Store! You're going to hold up the entire line while reaching for a credit card?!?!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you're on line at the checkout of the Dollar Store, and the person in front of you whips out a credit card.

Really?! You're going to use a freaking credit card to pay for literally a handful of small items . . . at the the Dollar Store! You're going to hold up the entire line while reaching for a credit card?!?!

You'd really be annoyed by me, I use my credit card for everything, even if it's one PVC elbow at Home Depot that costs $0.32. Most times swipe and sign is faster than the checker can count out change.

Forward_clicky

Newly Enlightened
The 2 that bug me are drivers that speed up and get in front of you when there is NO ONE behind you and they take an exit etc.
Secondly people that want to pull out from a shopping center, store etc.
They look right at you, wait until you get closer, pull out JUST in front of you and putt putt putt along.
I seriously hate that and I let the expletives fly!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You'd really be annoyed by me, I use my credit card for everything, even if it's one PVC elbow at Home Depot that costs $0.32. Most times swipe and sign is faster than the checker can count out change.

Well, since it's you, that's okay then.

But one day you will indeed feel foolish when you walk up to that register, and are told that the little machine is broken. :devil:

Cash will always be King! When even the entire register is down, I'll still be able to pay for my items. All the store needs is a large paper bag filled with small bills and change, a cashier who's really good at math, and a large dude with a baseball bat to make sure only the cashier touches the big brown bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.