PF20! Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

TEEJ

Flashaholic
That WAS a blast.

:D

Any one have pics?

I only remembered to take a few before it was even dark.

8753296567_169f92a433_z.jpg

8754422294_ea48f3283b_z.jpg

8753298171_8c4bee6d51_z.jpg

8754423582_3e9c9ea974_z.jpg

8753299357_72e19b267d_z.jpg

8753300199_572dc43001_z.jpg

8753300839_1727264752_z.jpg

8753301541_d2b95d2be1_z.jpg

8753302299_7a6797bdd4_z.jpg

8754427646_b52a3650bc_z.jpg

These are all of the little remote control chopper/people watching it. The "Black Hole" field is in the background across the street. The chopper is present, a;beit VERY hard t spot in some pics due to the angle/back gound contrast, etc.

If people took pics of the lights shining into that field, the context (From that fence) is roughly 250 yards to the small line of trees on the left, ~ 370 yards to the center tree row, and ~ 550 yards to the beginning of the forested hillside, and ~ 800 yards to the top-most part of that top tree line on the horizon.

Last edited:

jkid1911

Enlightened
WOW, what a turn out and a great time for sure. "Anyone have a light?" Ha!

Thanks to everyone that made my first PF a memorable one. Too many people to thank, but thank you to all that attended and contributed to this great event. I even got to come home with 2 new additions to my flashlight family. Good stuff! Anyway....good people, good food and lot's of really cool lights. Thank you Scott for putting this on and tolerating your home being transformed into a Flashoholic free for all. Can't wait for the next one..!!

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you to everyone for making PF20 another great one! :)

A special thank you to Scott & Heather for hosting. I know that roughly 10 years ago when Scott and I first started talking about having a get together with other people from CPF who lived in the surrounding area, we never expected that get together to leave such a lasting legacy. ...and I bet when Mrs. Milky agreed to having a few flashlight enthusiasist over, she didn't forsee people parking on her lawn 10 years later. LOL So thanks again to them for allowing our little get together to live on, and for us to continue to use their home as our flashlight Shangri-La!

Additional thanks to everyone who brought snacks and drinks, and to those who donated items for the raffle!

As always, it was great seeing old friends as well as making new ones. --Tim

PS - Don't forget about FCW-10. Yes it's an overnight campout, but it's also a weekend long get together. Don't like camping, don't want to sleep in the woods overnight, no problem - just come for a few hours and drive home, or get a hotel in the area. Want more info: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingstates

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, what a turn out and a great time for sure. "Anyone have a light?" Ha!

Thanks to everyone that made my first PF a memorable one. Too many people to thank, but thank you to all that attended and contributed to this great event. I even got to come home with 2 new additions to my flashlight family. Good stuff! Anyway....good people, good food and lot's of really cool lights. Thank you Scott for putting this on and tolerating your home being transformed into a Flashoholic free for all. Can't wait for the next one..!!

Glad you were able to make it and it was nice meeting you.
Enjoy that Surefire Brother!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
simply amazing. if there was ever a time the usa needed to call on a band of people to save the world, and the avengers were busy, just call on the flashaholics from candlepower forums. pf20 had such an unbelievable collection of minds with knowledge of every discipline of science (and hobbies) i'll be definitely tapping you guys as a resource whenever I get stuck on a project

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size of blue label batteries are those you guys are standing in between? :D:p

img_7615.jpg

Larbo

Enlightened
Another enjoyable PF, nice seeing everyone again and meeting the new attendees, thank you Scott and family we had a great time.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had some issues with my Hellfighter. Teejwas kind enough to help me out by breaking it further haha.

no worries Teej, onthedeive home I pulled over to pull out the HF and test it with the cradle and 12v cable. Even though it is missing a spring contact, it still works.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't make this one. Good to see that I'll definitely need to get some better lumens fire power. :D

img_7635.jpg

Also, am I missing something in this pic? HID off to the side, right?

Edit: Ahh I see teh cyoob. I see what you did thar!

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
This pic is from the third flight when everybody went over to the blacktop (taken with Canon G10).

IMG_2212s.jpg

The video from the GoPro2 came out good to, will be a week before I get that processed and posted. I need new video editing software . . .

I had a great time at this PF. Thanks milky and family! The day went by so fast but we did do a lot. Stan I loved all the cool toys you brought, especially the hydrogen powered USB charger.

Cheers
Dave

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait Dave. I just used Microsoft Live Movie Maker. Not flashy but it works.

hey I can see myself! I'm standing in front of the guy with the pale yellow shirt. Almost in the center of the pic.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
This pic is from the third flight when everybody went over to the blacktop (taken with Canon G10).

The video from the GoPro2 came out good to, will be a week before I get that processed and posted. I need new video editing software . . .

I had a great time at this PF. Thanks milky and family! The day went by so fast but we did do a lot. Stan I loved all the cool toys you brought, especially the hydrogen powered USB charger.

Cheers
Dave

Looks like about 24 or so ppl showed up.

What was the food situation like? I'm half way more interested in the food. :D

Again I wasn't there so sushi is out :D

What was the brightest single 18650 sized light?