Phoenix Get-together IV Aug 19th

thunderlight

Enlightened
I can bring the 2,3, and 4 cell magleds. Should I bring C or D bodies?

I will bring the latest rendition of the Energizer LED penlight. I will contribute a 12 pack of Duracell D's from Costco as well, or other name brand manufacturer, i.e., Rayovac or Energizer. Expect that I will be packing up a suitcase:)

I'll bring sodas, Coke/Diet Coke OR Pepsi/Diet Pepsi. Let me know if anybody wants other brands, 7Up, DrPepper, Root Beer, etc. [:ohgeez:No MOXIE!]

Also will bring [Costco] potato salad.

vortechs

Enlightened
Wow, August is already here! The date for the get-together is fast approaching.

Is there going to be anyone who can help show me how to do simple soldering/de-soldering jobs, like replacing one Lux-III with another? An informal "Intro to Modding" seminar would be great.

vortechs

Enlightened
I remember at the last get-together somebody had a Dorcy 1AAA that had the 5mm LED removed from the circuit board and replaced with a tiny socket so that it would be easy to insert any 5mm LED in it. Where do you get those tiny sockets?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
vortechs said:
I remember at the last get-together somebody had a Dorcy 1AAA that had the 5mm LED removed from the circuit board and replaced with a tiny socket so that it would be easy to insert any 5mm LED in it. Where do you get those tiny sockets?

It would be easy to cut-up an IC socket or cut a piece of fem header strip. PM me with an addy and I'll drop some of the latter in an envelope.

Larry (Still wondering if I want to tackle the drive.)

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you can make it Larry!!!!!

Please make sure that you post your meat and salad choices if you haven't. I plan on buying the meats next weekend. I do plan to bring extra but don't want to over buy. (Seems like we had some people show last time who never posted)

If your following this thread and think you might or plan to attend but haven't posted please do so or send me a PM. Again everyone is welcome.

Uncle Fester - confirmed Hamburgers - Regular Salad
Lebkuecher - confirmed (Jerk) Chicken Greek Salad.
Peter - confirmed ????????????????????????????????????????
Merri - confirmed ?????????????????????????????????????
Brlux - confirmed - Hamburgers - Greek Salad
Cindy confirmed - confirmed Hamburgers - Regular Salad
shakiesam - confirmed - (Jerk) Chicken Regular Salad
Peggy - confirmed - Hamburgers - Regular Salad
vortechs - confirmed (Jerk) Chicken Greek Salad.
Thunderlight - comfirmed - Hamburgers - Greek Salad
Cyclops942 - confirmed ????????????????????????????????????/
Cyclops942 Wife - confirmed ???????????????????????????????/
thunderlight - confirmed ???????????????????????????????/
lebox97 - confirmed - Hamburgers

Luminilious - Maybe
Luminilious daughter - Maybe

Volunteered to bring

vortechs - plates, Salad bowls, cups, plastic ware, salt & pepper
Uncle Fester - dessert
shakiesam - Rolls, Napkins/ Paper Towels, Trash Bags (large)
Peter - will bring something (appetizers)
Thunderlight - Coke/Diet Coke OR Pepsi/Diet Pepsi/Potato Salad
Brlux Cooler & Ice

Stuff that you can volunteer for

Covered dishes
Appetizers
Chips & Dip
Spatula
Tongs

Last edited:

Luminilious

Newly Enlightened
Ever since the last GT my daugter has been begging me to take her along to the next one. When I told her there were lots of people playing with flashlights, she got really excited. She would love to show her collection. So... maybe.

Brlux

Enlightened
I guess I have yet to post my food preferences. I will take a hamberger and a greek salad, Cindy will take a hamberger and a regular salad.

I will bring a cooler chest and Ice.

Vortechs, I was the one with the Dorcy AAA that had the socket installed for easy led changes in the field. I have some more of the sockets and if you want I will bring a Metcal soldering iron so that you can change a few things if you want.

vortechs

Enlightened
Hi Larry, thanks for the offer to send a mini socket but it looks like Brlux has it covered locally.

Hi Brlux, I thought it was you that had the Dorcy AAA, but I wasn't sure. The first get-together was right after I joined CPF, so everything was a blur of names, CPF ID's, and faces. That little Dorcy with the sockets was a neat tool for checking out and comparing 5mm LED's. I've decided that I could use one of those too. I'll look forward to building it at the get-together.

Does anybody have an extra Dorcy 1AAA that they want to sell/trade? If not, I'll stop by Wal Mart before the get-together and buy one.

Brlux

Enlightened
Vortechs I think you may be disapointed with what you find at walmart. If they have any they Dorch AAA in stock they will likely be of the new less desirable variant with the focusing lense and 2 transistor step up circuit. One of these may work with the socket but I have not played around with one. The preferable version can be identified because it has no focusing lense an the front, it uses a DC/DC converter chip.

I have been lucky lately and found a few of the older stiles mixed in with the new bogus ones. You may get lucky so keep your eyes open untill the 19th.

Brlux

thunderlight

Enlightened
Hi,

Looks like Shakiesam is bringing 3C & 4C magleds, so I will just bring a 2C Magled which would come with me anyway. If there is a desire for redundancy, I can still bring them [3 cell and 4 cell magleds], but I'll probably substitute some other items. I will bring a KITO [Freeplay] lantern, a Nitestar Shakelight, a UK Zoom Eled, and some assorted 4AA Craftsman lights. I will still be bringing the "antique" flashlights.

Just a reminder that I will be bringing Potato Salad in addition to the sodas.

Thanks,
Thunderlight

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
I'm planning on being there!

burger be fine for me (or chix) - I'm easy :grin2:

let me know what I can bring - food wise - will bring my assortment of lights too :lolsign:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tod

Given that you're coming from Tucson why don't you bring some chips and dip.

I went back to the previous Phoenix get-together thread and put you down for the food you wanted last time if you haven't posted a preference. Please let me know if you want something different. I will be bringing extra meats for the people who just show up like last time.

Also if you have volunteered for something and it turns out that you can't make please let me know ASAP. If it's the Saturday of our gathering please call me (480) 444-6220.

Uncle Fester - confirmed Hamburgers - Regular Salad
Lebkuecher - confirmed (Jerk) Chicken Greek Salad.
Peter - confirmed - Hamburger - Regular Salad
Merri - confirmed - Hamburger - Regular Salad
Brlux - confirmed - Hamburgers - Greek Salad
Cindy confirmed - confirmed Hamburgers - Regular Salad
shakiesam - confirmed - (Jerk) Chicken Regular Salad
Peggy - confirmed - Hamburgers - Regular Salad
vortechs - confirmed (Jerk) Chicken Greek Salad.
Thunderlight - confirmed - Hamburgers - Greek Salad
Cyclops942 - confirmed - Hamburger - Regular Salad
Cyclops942 Wife - confirmed Regular Chicken - Regular Salad
thunderlight - confirmed –
lebox97 - confirmed – Hamburgers
Luminilious - confirmed - Hamburgers - Regular Salad
Luminilious daughter – confirmed - Hamburgers - Regular Salad
tvodrd – confirmed - Hamburgers - Regular Salad

Volunteered to bring

vortechs - plates, Salad bowls, cups, plastic ware, salt & pepper
Uncle Fester - dessert
shakiesam - Rolls, Napkins/ Paper Towels, Trash Bags (large)
Peter - will bring something (appetizers)
Thunderlight - Coke/Diet Coke OR Pepsi/Diet Pepsi/Potato Salad
Brlux Cooler & Ice

Last edited:

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
As posted above, Cyclops942 (Kris) and wife (Kim) are confirmed for attendance. We'll take whatever Steve will let us eat, since I'm posting over TWO WEEKS after I told him I'd post... I've been so busy, I haven't even checked email, let alone gotten on CPF. (Sorry, Steve!!!!) (Just checked last post, and those choices work for both of us.)

I can bring another cooler with ice, as well as a grill set (spatula, tongs, fork).

Do we need charcoal or lighter fluid?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kris is alive!!!!! YEA :)

We will be using gas grills this time Kris so no need for the charcoal. I'm buying (scraping up) the food this weekend Kris so it's not to late to change what I have you down for. If anyone comes across any road kill please let me know, I'm pretty good at making it taste like chicken :lolsign:

Last edited:

Luminilious

Newly Enlightened
Luminilious and Daughter of Luminilious have decided to come. We are flexible of course due to the late notice, but both of us would choose hamburgers and regular salad. I will be watching to see what is needed for extras to bring.

vortechs

Enlightened
I will bring some freebies for the new folks (people who have not attended one of the previous Phoenix get-togethers). I have some of Dae's coin cell keychain lights in various body and LED colors (picture here), and some of KevinL's cute little picolights (they look similar to a Photon II microlight but they are only about 1/3 the size).

vortechs

Enlightened
Brlux said:
Vortechs I think you may be disapointed with what you find at walmart. If they have any they Dorcy AAA in stock they will likely be of the new less desirable variant with the focusing lens and 2 transistor step up circuit. One of these may work with the socket but I have not played around with one. The preferable version can be identified because it has no focusing lense an the front, it uses a DC/DC converter chip.

I've checked two Wal Marts so far. One didn't have any of the Dorcy AAA lights at all. The other had some. Most of them obviously had the focusing lens (with a slight milky ring around the outer edge), but one of them looked like it had a clear lens and a reflector. The packaging was the same for all of them. Did the old version have the exact same packaging as the new one? Is there any other way to tell the versions apart?

Brlux

Enlightened
Same packaging for bolth versions of the Dorcy AAA. The lense thing is the only way to tell them apart when they are in the packaging. It sounds like you were lucky to find one. Did you get it?

vortechs

Enlightened
Brlux said:
Same packaging for bolth versions of the Dorcy AAA. The lense thing is the only way to tell them apart when they are in the packaging. It sounds like you were lucky to find one. Did you get it?

Not yet. It was on the back of the shelf so hopefully it will still be there tomorrow. It was the only one there with a black body.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I would make a list of lights that people are going to bring, I know there will be more but still this is impressive. Anyone want to add to this list? Time to start charging some batteries.

chimo Arc AAA mod
picolight modded with a SMJED,
SMJLED Photon Freedom
Orb Raw
JIL-CR2 Intelli
JIL-CR2 1.3W
Wolf Eyes incandescents
MicroFire hybrids
AE HID Powerlight PL14 with a 24W bulb I
Fire Fly III
ARC LSH-P
ARC AAA Turquoise
AAA P original
AAA ver 4
Surefire L4
Surefire E2
Surefire G2
Peak Matterhorn brass
Peak Rainer
Peak Pacific brass or Ha with all battery packs in brass
HDS 60 XRGT
Innova X5
ElektroLumens Blaster-3P
antique lights probably dating from the 30s to 70s
I can bring the 2,3, and 4 cell magleds
latest rendition of the Energizer LED penlight
2C Magled
KITO [Freeplay] lantern,
a Nitestar Shakelight,
a UK Zoom Eled,
assorted 4AA Craftsman lights.
Daughter of Luminilious collection
Dae's coin cell keychain lights in various body and LED colors
KevinL's cute little picolights
LRI Proton
LRI Freedom Fusion headlights (in White/Red, Blue/Red, and Red/Yellow)
LRI Photon Freedom (white, limited-edition violet, and UV)
LRI Photon II (in white, green, and purple)
LRI X-Light Micro (white)
MAG 3-cell converted with EverLED/DiamondLED
MAG 6-cell converted by UncleFester
MAG 4-cell LED (as manufactured, no conversion [not that the conversion is tough, or produces different results])
Arc LS rev 1 w/clickie, no clickie, and and 2xAA battery packs
Tektite Green 19-LED light
Piggie lights that were so popular at the SHOT show
Surefire 6P (the REAL original, while it was still round)
Surefire 9P (before it was called a 9Z)
Surefire 8X (before there was an 8AX)
Streamlight Ultra-Stinger
Streamlight SL-20X with digital dimmer/flasher tailcap
Streamlight SL-20XP with LEDs
Pelican M11 (rechargeable incandescent)
COAST 3-watt 3C (I forget the model number)
COAST 3-watt 3xAAA (again, I forget the model number)
eternaLight EliteXRay
eternaLight Rave'n 2
eternaLight Zzz...Lite
eternaLight Zzz...Flame

Last edited: