PhotonFest 2, NJ area get together

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
TOB, here ya go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So does this mean we'll see you during daylight, then you'll disappear? Will you get enough sleep prior to PF2? I have ample reserves of caffeine should you need it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Had no idea you grew up in Linden! You must know most of northern NJ after spending so much time here as well as over there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
Scott
Can you transfer my note over to this forum?
Your the computer guy after all....yes?
Thanks

If its not too much trouble. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
balticvid, what note? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Since we've established (if I understand correctly) that you're coming from Linden, I just sent you a private message with directions starting from I-78 West. Could you let me know in this thread that you successfully got the directions? It looks like something's not quite working for you with SENDING a private message. Not to worry! As long as you get the directions, you can get information to me right here. Thanks!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

TOB9595

Enlightened
BalticVid, Yaktum Pan.... Polok phonetics
I went to Saint Hedwigs Grammar School Elizabeth for 10 years

Best is 78 west then how Scott takes you.
A pastrami on roll with macaroni salad from Big Stash.....Yum

Scott I wouldn't miss this if I could. ??????
I'll be leaving to get to work at 630 pm so I'll be leaving your place ~ 5pm.
Yep daylight only this time.
I'll be having 2 WaWa 20 ouncers by the time I get to you. Then More!!
But so many smiling lights......errrrr faces. Yeah I guess there'll be people also.

I look forward to this sounds like better than PFI which was a blast.
Tom

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a twisted thought: If we all go into the "black hole" field and strategically position ourselves with the right set of flashlights, maybe we can make the letters "CPF" visible from space or something...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
Scott
I have your directions. Thanks.
Sorry for the screw up with the PM's.
By thi time I learn how to operate the computer,
my battery will be dead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It should take me about an hour to get there.
1:30 probably.
See you Saturday.
Walt.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet... the sun's even contributing to PF2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

image-cpf-20031029-coronal-mass-ejection-331x309.jpg

"After a week of intense activity on the Sun a massive flare burst from the star, according to space weather scientists in America and Europe. Superheated gas and energy, called a coronal mass ejection, exploded from the Sun's surface travelling at five million miles per hour."

Take a look...
Powerful Geomagnetic Storm Strikes Earth

Aside from the possible RF interference (bad) and aurora (good!) caused by the above storm, the weather report for Saturday looks pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

However, please make sure you've got a warm coat for the evening activities! You're all sort of local folks, so I don't need to remind you of how the temperature drops this time of year after sunset. I can tell you that the quarry has its own microclimate, and you can literally feel yourself step into a zone of markedly cooler air at a particular point on the descent into the quarry. Attendees from last time might have noticed that. Strange but true! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Some cardinal rules:
1. Don't freeze.
2. Don't fall off a cliff.
3. Don't leave PK's lights in the quarry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened
If anyone wants a Z57 fixed at the event, let me know in advance. I will be charging $0.00 for the mod. Things you need, Dead battery(preferably surefire) for the washer, ziplock bag.

I also hope that milkyspit will let me boil some switches in ziplockbags in a pot of his. I will be bringing my channellock snap ring pliers that will open them with ease, some wire for the resistance fix, and lubegel for the sticky clickie fix. I've done 2 so far, 1st one was hard because i didnt have the tools, got scratches, 2nd one worked out really nicely because i got the pliers. i plan to mod another 4 tonight, and that should give me a ton of experience =).

So far TOB9595 wants a L4 which i will clickie/resistance fix for free.
I will be bringing 2 more L4's along for sale, both clickies won't have the sticky problems, but i will mod those as well because it makes THAT much difference. My switches are so smooth that even milky will be jealous even though litfuse already fixed his =)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ufo, no problem, but do you need special ziplock bags that won't melt when boiled? If so, you might want to bring those with you, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Do you need to use a soldering iron? I've got a Metcal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I've got a few dead 123 cells to donate to the cause. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Really looking forward to seeing this particular fix done live! Never opened the Z57 before... this will be interesting...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

You might want to ask McGizmo if he wants his Z57 clickies fixed. I noticed that they were definitely of the unfixed variety, workable but pretty stiff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Yes, that means McGizmo's package arrived. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened
=) i think any ziplock will work, i had the thin 1 gallon variety fron ZIPLOCK. No soldering iron needed for this fix =). Mcgizmo has better tools then me, and he sends you sticky clickies =\ Looking forward to seeing the package =)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Guys,

It's a question of priorities! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened
did 1 clickie fix last night
today i redid the clickie for the resistance fix, in addition to that i did 4 additional clickie/resistance fixes today to my other lights =). Will do several more later, i just realized that if i heated them, the chances of scratching are close to 0 =)

ufokillerz

Enlightened
did another 2 =) getting pretty darn easy
yes i have a lot to do i have a total of 9 L4's =) The mod improves the switch regardless of how it was before

CiTY

Enlightened
Yes, I did consider, and did not make it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
With a pregnant wife, she had a "honey-do list" that is still keeping me busy... But since her family will be here this weekend, she is letting me out to play... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

richpalm

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
ufokillerz said:
If anyone wants a Z57 fixed at the event, let me know in advance. I will be charging $0.00 for the mod. Things you need, Dead battery(preferably surefire) for the washer, ziplock bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done-I'll take you up on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts