• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

PK Warrior 1 and 2 passaround

MrMom

Enlightened
The PK1 and PK2 will be going out to Scout 24 early next week. The tracking number will be sent via PM.

PK Warrior 1, S/N OG217
PK Warrior 2, S/N OF013

On the list at the moment is:
Participants:
1. Scout 24
2. Robert M
3. Crazyeddiethefirst
4. sgt253
5. DrafterDan
6. Got Lumens?

sgt253

Enlightened
Sweet. Love to start hearing CPF'ers opinions. Looking forward to experiencing these lights when it becomes my turn. Thanks.

MrMom

Enlightened
USPS priority tracking number sent to Scout 24. You will have two weeks to play before shipping them off to Robert M

Both lights fit into a small priority box so 3 day shipping with a tracking number is only $5.95. Use lots of tape as it is a tight fit.

We are looking forward to your review / thoughts.

StuGatz

Enlightened
Mom,

I would be honored to participate. PM sent.

Best regards,

Stuart

MrMom

Enlightened
Stuart,

A pleasure to have you on board, you are #8!!!! Hope to see you again at SHOT!!! With the 2 week play time plus turn around, you may be receiving the PK1 and PK2 during the show. Perhaps we can get PK himself to do a personal demo??

Have you checked out the hotel prices during the show? I'm not happy, they are sky high. I'll be selling bottled water on the pedestrian bridges to be able to afford the show - SS 2016. If that is not profitable, I'll work on mastering the click, click sound from the collector card distributors to supplement the costs.

Mom,

I would be honored to participate. PM sent.

Best regards,

Stuart

scout24

Flashaholic
Let the fun begin! The USPS said tomorrow, but the Warriors were waiting in my mailbox this afternoon. Well packed from Mr. Mom, nary a rattle from inside the small Flat Rate box.

Lights are packed in a snug cardboard box, inside a small baggie, wrapped in foam. There are two spare O-rings and a small users manual. No batteries were included, but I have a stash of SF primaries so no worries. Both lights have sleeves so primaries do not rattle which is nice. I have not tried 18650's yet in the II, and won't try 18350's in the I until reading to see if they are supported. The following is generally comments about both lights even if presented as singular. Design and construction being similar...

These are very distinctively styled lights no doubt. Strictly from a practical standpoint, the grip is fantastic. Even with leather work gloves on, once you're holding on, it's not likely to slip out of your grip. They are both somewhat thick from head to tail, but that head holds a large smooth reflector, (I read the reflector is aluminum, bravo!) a well centered emitter, and an anti-reflective lens. No ides if it's glass or plastic, I'm not tapping on it to find out since it's not mine... :) Either way, a well put together business end. The crenulations are large, aggressive, and obviously allow for seeing if the light is on if put down somewhere bezel first.

Only the Warrior II has a pocketclip, which I don't personally see the merit in on a light with such aggressive grip. Trust me, it's not easy to get into, never mind out of, pants pockets. I was glad to see the clip attaches under a removable collar and is solidly one with the light. Not open-sided, held on by tension. It was definitely designed as part of the light and not an afterthought. This puppy isn't going anywhere. The tailcap is aggressively spikey, which aids grip and allows solid tailstanding. On to the unboxing pics, and then off to walk my dog and try them out!

20151007_132236.jpg

20151007_132251.jpg

20151007_132509.jpg

20151007_134415.jpg

20151007_134428.jpg

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
scout24, thanks the pics and initial impressions! I, myself, am pretty excited to get to try these out as well. :)

Do we know who manufactures these lights for PowerTac or where they are made?

scout24

Flashaholic
Robert- I took a good look at the packaging and the operator's manual. Neither is mentioned in or on either one. The Warrior I manual does say single Li-ions are supported though. :)

StuGatz

Enlightened
Mom,

Outstanding Brother!

As we approach SHOT we can discuss meeting/test arrangements depending upon where the package is. I may have access to some semi-dark desert areas. ;)

On the other note, you are correct about accommodation costs. I plan to bring along a trailer of oranges to sell along the freeway (inside joke if you've ever spent any time in So Cal) and will gladly pass out "invitation cards" but doubt that I will EVER master the proper CLICK! CLICK! ;)

Stuart,

A pleasure to have you on board, you are #8!!!! Hope to see you again at SHOT!!! With the 2 week play time plus turn around, you may be receiving the PK1 and PK2 during the show. Perhaps we can get PK himself to do a personal demo??

Have you checked out the hotel prices during the show? I'm not happy, they are sky high. I'll be selling bottled water on the pedestrian bridges to be able to afford the show - SS 2016. If that is not profitable, I'll work on mastering the click, click sound from the collector card distributors to supplement the costs.

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, some observations from two evenings of use, and a day of carrying the Warrior I. The rear clicky is very east to find with your thumb or forefinger, and seems of high quality. The side button is far more difficult to find, particularly when looking for it in haste in the dark. Admittedly, I am not familiar enough with these lights yet, but I wanted high in a hurry when walking my dog last night, and it wasn't happening. Part of that stems from the side button being mainly available with the lights in an overhand grip, which I'm sure is the intent given the mission as it relates to using the lights in a defensive role. 'Nuff said about that. Held that way when off, strobe is instantly available. Held that way when on, one can cycle quickly through the modes. Definitely harder when holding in the "Handshake" hold or cigar grip. Lights are rock solid in any hold I've tried, and the side button may well be a familiarity issue...

I find the modes on the I more evenly spaced, Low, medium, Medium-High, and High. On the II you have Low, High, Higher, and Highest. As far as I can tell, all but max output on both uses a fairly high frequency PWM. The benefit to this seems to be uniform tint on all levels, nice and white. I do like the mode memory, allowing you to pre set what you think your next needed mode will be. More to come! I won't be keeping these for the two weeks, probably just through the weekend so they can make the rounds faster. :)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Alrighty, another night or two, carried the II all day today in my "hoodie" handwarmer pocket. Was out walking with my wife during the day, as exercise for a very balky back. I usually carry an incan Surefire E2d to augment other carried items while she and I are out walking . Felt comfortable with the Warrior II in that role today. :) It's definitely a handful, but would serve it's mission well if needed. Pre-set strobe to come on with the tailcap button, know it always comes on with the side button, disorientation may well occur.

Okay, my things I like summary: (Comments apply to both lights, being almost identical except for length.) Beam shape and quality- for a smooth deep reflector, very nice. Aluminum reflector, AR coated lens. Nice. Tail switch is forward, momentary, and seems of good quality. Tint is consistent on all levels, nice and white. Grip is never an issue. Pocket clip attachment on the II is well implemented.Tailstands, and the bezel crenulations allow seeing if the light is on. UI- I like the mode memory, and having instant access to a different function via a discrete side button. Build quality seems good, anodizing and lettering on par with price point. Multi- fuel is nice, both lights run happily on primaries with included sleeves, or Li-ions.

What I think could use improving, with all due respect, based on being an amateur flashaholic and neither a designer, electrical, or mechanical engineer... The side button needs to be easier to use in multiple holds. Either bigger, more relief around it to allow for indexing, maybe gitd, not sure. Good idea, just needs tweaking. UI- I fully understand and applaud the intended use, but would love to be able to hide the strobe and assign a level to the side button. Maybe I want momentary moonlight, or momentary max. Levels would be much easier to change on the fly with the tailcap switch, with the side button just for my chosen momentary-from-off choice. The levels are well spaced on the I, could be spread out a bit more on the II. I'm not a fan of PWM in most cases, but it does keep the tint consistent across a broad range of output levels..Both lights are chunky for their given cells, which is a matter of taste based on intended use. The pocketclip on the II could be a bit more substantial, if you are going to go forward with it. Maybe offer a lanyard attachment ring that goes in the same spot? That's it! I've enjoyed my time with both lights, and coming into colder months here in the northeast, I think either would be useful in your day-to-day. My preference is for the II based on it's added muscle, and it's really not much bigger than.the I.

A big Thank You to Mr.Mom for organizing this, and allowing us a chance to play with lights that might normally pass by under the radar.

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received the Warriors today and in excellent shape! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to try them out this evening! :devil: