Play doctor for me

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for everybody's concern, in retrospect I probably shouldn't have posted anything although I found the comments to informative and thoughtful. Although cramps still not gone I think I am much improved. The cramps are of less frequency and intensity and in between I feel relatively normal, not spacy and shaky like yesterday, also the stomach part is fine.

Tomorrow if not continued improvement or a relapse I will definitely go to an emergency room and I will keep my appointment with the doctor next week to discuss these events.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, like I said, I've had a similar reaction. And admittedly, I didn't go to the doctor at all either. But the cramps generally lasted about 2-3 days; other symptoms with diminishing impact about a week. Fever if any was only about a day or so, controllable with asprin.

If you don't know what it is though, a physician should be contacted.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
geepondy, I am relieved to see that you're ready to go to an E.R. if the symptoms haven't cleared. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

While you're there, ask the nurse about flashlights. You'll probably have as much luck with that as you'll have here with us diagnosing your illness! :)

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Those were some of my symptoms before my Colon Cancer surgery back in Februrary. Go to the damn doctor now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Geepondy low and towards the left could suggest diverticulitis. It tends to be episodic (recurring), and can be significantly affected by diet. (Seeds/nuts are a real no-no.) See the doc!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
tvodrd said:
Geepondy low and towards the left could suggest diverticulitis. It tends to be episodic (recurring), and can be significantly affected by diet. (Seeds/nuts are a real no-no.) See the doc!

I used to work with an engineer who died of complications of diverticulitis.
:(

drizzle

Enlightened
Oops, I somehow forgot about the raised temperature part between reading your post and writing mine. I really should consider cutting myself off from writing posts after midnight. :)

Please disregard my entire rambling post (except for possible entertainment value :) ) and good luck with seeing a doctor in your HMO.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drizzle the raised temperature was in the middle of the night. The next morning and since, the temp has been fine. I wonder if you can have a temporary high temperature from being under covers at night? I took the temp, 15 minutes later it had dropped by half a degree and was fine in the morning.

This morning although my gut and stomach are still rumbling a bit, I'm off to work.

sniper

Enlightened
I ain't playin'!

DOCTOR, FAST!

It may be nothing but a minor, recurring inconvenience. (Anything you don't die from.) If your "Medical professionals" won't see you for a ridiculously long time, make the appointment, to get in the line, then see if you can get in somewhere else sooner. Pay for it yourself, if need be.

Keep a diary of incidents, including temps and other pertinent information, so you don't forget anything when you do see the doc.

Good luck.