Please recommend something to replace a FourSevens Paladin...

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked into the new offerings from the new Foursevens owner, Prometheus Lights? The Mini Turbo MK III is quite nice and fits your requirements with the removal of the tail magnet. The AA or 16650 Quark pre-order is up to but longer length than requested.
Except that they are Twisty.

What about the Acebeam TK16,seems like a tiny Beast and has a Tail Switch and choice of emitter as well.

dchang0

Newly Enlightened
@Thetasigma: I definitely checked out Prometheus and especially their new FourSevens models--nothing they make yet fits my needs. They could always release something in the future that is a perfect fit, though.

@AVService: The Acebeam TK16 looks like a good fit. I just have to make sure I'll like the unusual button-pressing UI and that the pocket-clip is reversible (it's S-shaped, but the forward-direction is really short, possibly not enough to keep the light clipped to my pocket). The copper version is gorgeous. Thanks for the recommendations of the PK PR-1 and the Acebeam TK16--they are great suggestions.

UPDATE:

After reading the extensive review of the Acebeam TK16 Cu here, I am very impressed that it is easy to disassemble it to service it. That may make up for the strange button and complex UI (not quite forward clicky, but perhaps not so bad). I dislike the removable pocket clip based on the photos; it doesn't look very sturdy but may turn out better in person. I'm going to try to find one locally to play with before buying...

UPDATE 2:

Some commenters in the review thread on here said that the pocket clip is very hard to remove, so it is probably sturdy enough for my purposes. So it will come down to the UI and how the button behaves...

Last edited: