of buying one. He just wants his fellow flashaholics to justify
buying one, kinda like reverse psychology :D

Hmm .... if I had that kind of money to spend on a light,
considering he lives in an city, I would look at something like a
McGizmo Haiku. Far more practical in an urban environment

Just my 2 cents ;)

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a lot better things to get for your money than a flashlight you don't need and will hardly use. Get a HID if you want impressive throw and don't need to carry it around with you.

Since this is cash that your budget will notice there is no good reason to get this.

But like other people have said; you are really asking the wrong people... :poke:

Sverre

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Anyone contemplating spending the equivalent of their mortgage payment on a friggin' flashlight should probably be spending more time HERE.

..BUT, since it's your birthday --> :hitit:

:paypal:

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
This is what will happen.

You will buy the light.

For a few weeks afterwards you will feel a sense of guilt, perhaps shame. In order to rationalise the purchase you will decide to make changes to your life outside your flashoholism.

One morning you'll wake up and think "you know, I'll just have one slice of toast this morning. That way I won't have to buy so much bread; and water is so much tastier than boring coffee, milk and sugar. What the hell, that shirt from last night looks clean. Who'll know I wore two days running?".

Your life will become a series of compromises, each and every one totally justifiable because you have the mother of all torches.

At work your mind will wander. You can't stop thinking about your new love. Inevitably your concentration fails you and eventually you will mess up once too often.

You are so miserable you don't see the red light until it's too late. The policeman is unsympathetic. Your driving license is revoked but that doesn't matter because you don't have a job to get to anyway.

Never mind, you've still got your SR90, right?

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!
One reason you need this light is because of city lights, a catapult or similar will suffer in that kind of environment, whereas the SR90 will punch through the city lights, if in doubt always throw more lumens to the equation. :D

If you go the other way and get something else, the SR90 will always be in the back of your mind, you could regret it down the track.
I hear people going on about how expensive this light is, and I could understand that if you've never held the SR90. Handling it is a different story, you appreciate the technology that went into it, the quality and the sheer size of it, you then realize that $450 is not a lot of money for a light of that calibre. A HID does not compare, you have exclusivity with the Olight.
You can't go wrong with the SR90, if it isn't your cup of tea you could always sell it to recoup your funds.

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
SureAddicted, Bondr006 - you must have misread the title of the thread because you seem to be doing exactly the opposite of what has been requested. :whistle:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureAddicted, Bondr006 - you must have misread the title of the thread because you seem to be doing exactly the opposite of what has been requested. :whistle:

LOL!...No, not misread....but read into....like tx101....:grin2:

I think the OP does not want anyone to actually talk him out
of buying one. He just wants his fellow flashaholics to justify
buying one, kinda like reverse psychology :D

umc

Enlightened
Anyone contemplating spending the equivalent of their mortgage payment on a friggin' flashlight should probably be spending more time HERE.

..BUT, since it's your birthday --> :hitit:

:paypal:

I gotta tell ya that if my mortgage payment was only 400.00 a month, I would be able to buy a few SR90s each and every month.

Get the thing, you have to have the cash since you don't really have a mortgage payment. :grin2:

Face

Enlightened
Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for the replies - some really made me chuckle, lol, especially vasp1 :D

Perhaps mentioning the mortgage side of things made things appear a little tighter than they are. That mortgage payment includes the equivalent of about $100 OVER-payment every month (we sold at the right time and then bought at an even better time!) and I have a fair amount of disposable income. I was sorta just trying to equate the purchase price to something more tangible.

As things go though - I had my parents over for a BBQ today (the weather finally broke into something resembling good at about 4pm) and the subject came up with them and my wife about what would I like for my 40th. My parents thought it would be nice to have something that would last me a lifetime (so to speak) and my wife seconded this.

To this end - if I do REALLY want this light, then I can receive it as a joint gift :D That is pretty sweet, no?

Thanks again everyone.

Face

Last edited:

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Wait, you mean this SR90? I think it'd look awful nice next to a birthday cake.

SR90-3-1.jpg

:whistle:

mpkav

Newly Enlightened

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nitcore Extreme, Tiablo a9,Olight m30, SR90,Surefire Z2 M61,Jet IIIM,Surefire U2

Sr90 is a MONSTER!!!! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, it's like you've gone to the drug dealer to help you quit drugs.

I think what's really going on here is that you're REALLY after enough of us to say, "Buy it" so you can justify you purchase and not feel so guilty.

Seriously, buy it. I'm saving (though two Quarks, three Fenixs and two Nitecores have gotten in the way so far) for one.

The missus doesn't really care because we have a deal. Whatever I spend on lights, she can spend on whatever for herself. So it's kind of a self-regulating deal. I have to remember that each light purchased actually costs twice as much as it really does.

So far this year I've spent $400+ ($800+) on lights, an SR90.

vasp1

Newly Enlightened
What is the matter with you people?! Can't you see this poor guy needs help? Already he's dragging his family into supporting his dark urges. He claims it was a barbeque, but I know that's just to cover the fact he sold his cooker. Don't give in Face. Just say no.

hivoltage

Enlightened
Buy it....you know you need it....dont listen to these naysayers, they know nothing. But the SR90 like I did. After a few weeks that $399 will be gone and you will have an awsome light....wooooohaaaaaaaa!!!