Pocket Clip for a Malkoff MD2

jonesy

Enlightened
It seems like all the pieces are coming together: looks like I can finally buy my close to dream light: p60 host, two level, smooth bezel, and a pocket clip! Gene will be getting more of my cash when it's all in stock!

I just hope it's not too hard to activate the switch with that deep cover on it.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just hope it's not too hard to activate the switch with that deep cover on it.

Judging from the people involved in the project (Gene and Moddoo), nothing that didn't work VERY well is going to make it into the hands of the end users. I'm not worried.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im totally confident that Gene and Modoo will produce a awesome product. The questions is, when will we actually be able to purchase?

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
It looks great, durable...I too wonder about the access to the switch but one could alter the Delrin plastic to a shape more fitting of their liking I would imagine. This may be just the first gen product too, so they will change it in the future given the right feedback. A great start considering he got the clip designed because of us owners of his hosts.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work FroggyTaco:twothumbs

Hello guys,

I think that you will find the button easy to access inside the shroud.
It is as wide of an opening as possible, and only as tall as needed.

A couple of notes:

The Malkoff shrouds with clips fit the Surefire Z59 clicky tailcap very well.

The screws pictured on Genes site, are not the production screws.
I used low profile allen head screws for them, and they have a nice even finish.

Here is a photo of the Surefire Z41 model with the correct screws.

IMG_8526.jpg

Last edited:

dilbert

Enlightened
That clip is perfect.... it adds a clip, tail standing, and anti roll. I ordered one for both of my MD2s.
:twothumbs

weklund

Enlightened
That clip is perfect.... it adds a clip, tail standing, and anti roll. I ordered one for both of my MD2s.

Just received an email from Gene that my MD2 Malkoff Pocket Clip and Hi/Low switch shipped today. I will post some photos on Monday. I will be installing these on my MD2 Camo with M60W. Very nice photon package.....:devil:​

MD22.jpg

"BEFORE"

MD26.jpg

"AFTER"

MD27.jpg

MD28.jpg

MD29.jpg

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Got mine today, and I must say it is very impressive, very professional looking. Was easy to install after I placed it in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Pushed right one and it is staying there. I like it because in tailstanding mode it is very solid. Also, the pocket clip is not too intrusive, and in the way, and also keeps it from rolling around on a table. Very easy to access the switch, nice large opening to put your thumb into. All in all a winner.

Bill

weklund

Enlightened
Got mine today, and I must say it is very impressive, very professional looking. Was easy to install after I placed it in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Pushed right one and it is staying there. I like it because in tailstanding mode it is very solid. Also, the pocket clip is not too intrusive, and in the way, and also keeps it from rolling around on a table. Very easy to access the switch, nice large opening to put your thumb into. All in all a winner.

Bill

+1....:) I really like this combo. Very positive fit with the new tail-clip. This is one of my favorite setups with M60W MC-E and newly installed Hi/Low switch. Very well made, high quality and utilitarian addition to the bullet proof MD2. Thanks Gene.....:devil:

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to add my kudos here.
Brand new M61, two stage switch, MD2, and this clip....what's the total cost, around 130 bucks? I honestly don't know if this setup can be beat for the price.
I can get to the switch very easily, it tailstands, the UI is my current favorite for "nightstand tactical" use, I alway know it's on high, it is essentially a one-level light, but if it's all I have, and I need low level...there it is.
ANd it takes 18650's!! I leave primaries in my "bump in the night' light, so I might not feed it Li-ions often.

GENE...with this addition, and the M61, your MD2 has gone from one of my favorite throwy 2X123 lights, to one of my go-to lights period. It is in VERY high company.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I ordered two last nite. I also couldnt pass up the M60LL for $39, dang. :D

I'm thinking about putting one on a TC. MD3 Wildcat pocket carry anyone? :naughty:

I wonder if these TC shrouds will fit on the orange w the duracoat? :eek:oo:

Anywho, that is a BIG +1 on the MD2/M61 setup, hard to beat at ANY pricepoint!! :hitit:

dilbert

Enlightened
I got mine last night and boiled them up while I was making dinner. It went on super easy with no problems. Works just as good as it looks. I can tail stand it in my shed now and light the whole place up while I pick up my tools, and it doesn't roll onto the floor anymore when I set it down on the counter. The MD2 has it all now.

da.gee

Enlightened
Does the clip become permanent then if you have to boil it to install? I just got one clip and have two MD2s. Was hoping to swap as needed. Obviously I discovered it doesn't just slide on.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the clip become permanent then if you have to boil it to install? I just got one clip and have two MD2s. Was hoping to swap as needed. Obviously I discovered it doesn't just slide on.

The shrouds are meant to stay in place. They cannot be easily removed.

If you set the tail of the light into boiling water, you can muscle the shroud off.
Of course, I have to recommend removing the battery.
I imagine the switch will be fine, but I will leave that up to Gene.
Mine has survived a few trials.

Great to hear the positive feedback guys.

jonesy

Enlightened
I also received my new MD2, pocket clip, 2 stage ring, and have to say this is the best p60 combo I have. Why did I wait so long? :twothumbs I find the MD2 much easier to carry in the pocket now, and it is now my new EDC, no questions asked. It's just about the perfect light for me. The surefires are definitely destined for car/desk drawer duty now. Great job Gene and Company!

What is the size of the allen heads on the screws? Mine are a little loose and the clip can wobble a bit from side to side.

Now all I need is that up and coming warm white M61!