• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Pocket Rocket - 8th run XM-L

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
45/70, it is linear current regulator, battery voltage is higher than led voltage-In that will maintain the current. It depends the battery performance. In most case high capacity will be better.

Thanks down. I knew that.:crackup: I guess what I really wanted to know is what the Vf of the XM-L emitter is. Of course, you wouldn't know that unless you tested each one, since Cree doesn't do Vf binning.:(

I'll see how she goes, and look into the Samsung 4.30-4.35 Volt cells, if performance seems to be lacking. The "nominal" voltage of these cells approaches a level 0.1 Volt higher than most cells. That and high capacity should help keep the Pocket Rocket in regulation a bit longer anyway.

Dave

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
nice score lamuddog :)

PP sent for the balance on my lil' light as well :)

ss.camaro

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:PayPal sent for 2nd payment for full balance
  • 1 HAIII Aluminum …XM-L T6-3B (5300K-5000), GITD tailcap
  • 1 HAIII Aluminum …XM-L T5-4A (4750K-4500K), GITD tailcap
:thanks:

Al Combs

Enlightened
Is it time to send in the balance of the payment? I though we were supposed to receive notification by PM or email when it was time. I just noticed a bunch of the HAIII guys like me already shipped. Did I miss it?

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please wait a few more days, I will PM or email you once it is ready to ship.
Thanks!

whizdumb

Newly Enlightened
Received my Pocket Rocket Yesterday.. Wow that was fast.. Either way took this baby out and loaded her up with a fresh AW 18650. Here's some pictures for those of you waiting. No I'm not the best photographer but you get the picture... ENJOY

DSCF0683.jpg
DSCF0684.jpg
DSCF0685.jpg
DSCF0690.jpg
DSCF0698.jpg
DSCF0704.jpg
DSCF0709.jpg
DSCF0708.jpg
DSCF0707.jpg

brembo

Enlightened
whizdumb-

How's the glowy ring in the head look? I didn't even realize it was there till your pics.

whizdumb

Newly Enlightened
Hey Brembro, Honestly it's really nice.. One of the better I have seen.. I've included a photo of it in action.. Once again not the best of photographs but it serves it purpose.. this was after maybe 20 seconds of runtime on high and then 10 seconds of downtime.

DSCF0711.jpg

Almost all the light in this photo is provided by the glow ring..

Last edited:

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
whizdumb, your black version XM-L is rare bird. :)

KVoimakas, not too late, will make a few more.
:thanks:

nasc

Newly Enlightened
Mine came in and it is a precision piece. Very well made. The glow ring is cool.
Thanks Download.

whizdumb

Newly Enlightened
whizdumb, your black version XM-L is rare bird. :)

I know, I'm gunna baby this light due to it's rarity..

Just a few more remarks about this light:

1. Weight. This flashlight is not only very light but it's very well balanced.

2. Nasc is right... it's precision in every way. Thread action is smooth, battery fit is excellent, LED centering is spot on, even the reverse clicky is a solid piece (reminds me of my JET III Pro ST clicky). The annodization is superior quality and very evenly finished with no flaws.

3. This thing is bright. The beamshot above doesn't really do it justice. You'll haveta see it for yourself.

4. I didn't realize that this light had a second group built in to the driver until I was playing around with the light and noticed the flash in low mode.. The second group is nice to have there and yet very well hidden in the modes. The strobe and quick flashing beacon are very nice options to know you have around.. The strobe itself is awesome it's the second best I've seen next to my Olight M20s. I'm rather glad to see that SOS is not an included option because that would be a rather useless setting.

5. The Glow ring is definitely one of the better I've seen. Some glow rings look powdery or cracked on other lights. This one is smooth and high quality. Not to mention good at it's job.

6. Lastly is Download himself. He's a very helpful guy and you can tell that he enjoys not only making these lights for us but also wants to see his customers happy. He always gets back to me within 24 hours and is very professional and nice in his correspondence. He's a top notch custom maker and great guy to boot. If you are on the fence about buying one of his lights. I'll tell you now its totally worth it.

Cheers Download and Thanks Again for this Rare Bird. I really hope this mini review helps somebody that may still be deciding.
Whizdumb

Last edited:

Sparkss

Newly Enlightened
I love teh black w/ the silver bezel. That contrast has always appealed to me. Didn't know there was a glow ring, was that an added option that had to be requested ? Can't wait til mine arrives (even though it isn't black :p) :)