Poll. Do you like Daylight Savings Time or Not?

Do you prefer auctions or 'Buy it now'?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

richpalm

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i do like it.

but not for good reasons..

America does EVERYthing early. wake up early. go to work early. get home early. eat dinner early. go to bed early.

our workday shouldn't start 'til like 11AM.. we shouldn't be eating dinner 'til around 7PM.. we should be going to bed around 1AM..

what would we really lose if we shifted to a later workday?

we'd all be alot healthier in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know why I work nights. I am NOT a morning person.

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

No one gonna get me outta bed early unless they wanna get swung at! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

DST? Love it. Back in the '70's they eliminated it for a while and I hated that with a passion.

Rich

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Coordinated Universal Time (old Zulu or GM) is used for international communications and business...01:00 occurs only once a day. Basing time on UTC and daylight (Sun) give you one hour per each 15 degrees from GM (15 x 24 = 360). If I live between 90 degrees and 105 degrees from GM, then I'm 6 hours away from UTC.

If you want to have more hours before or after your work hours....change your work hours, not time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

matt_j

Enlightened
Yes. I was working straight from friday 5am until sunday 8am... That clock looked kinda lovely when it jumped from 2am to 3am. You know what I mean?

Matt

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Poll. Do you like Daylight Savings Time or No

America should be on the same clock. Hate DST, it should be gotten rid of. Why they haven't I don't know.

Brock

Flashaholic

The time should stay the way it is in the summer and not switch. So I like the switch because for 1/2 the year they have it right, the winter time (which is the "real" time is wrong) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill.H

Enlightened

I'm with you Brock, go to DST and STAY there! I hate when it gets dark at 4 PM.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm with you guys -- I like DST better than real time. DST even gives me energy. In the winter, when I get home and it's already been dark for two hours, I feel unmotivated to leave the house. By contrast, when I get home and it's going to be light out for another couple of hours, I feel like heading out and doing something.

Give me as much light as possible for my free time. I don't mind if it's dark out when I'm driving to work, provided it's light out when I get to play!

[edit: You know, I just realized, it never even occurred to me that someone wouldn't like DST. I always thought OF COURSE everyone agrees DST is great and we should have more of it. Eye-opener to see so many people hate it.]

Darell

Flashaholic

Good to hear from so many level-headed folks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I don't care where the time is set, just leave it alone. We can adjust the work hours to suit....

Ok, little story: I actually worked with a woman who seriously thought that switching to DST each Spring ADDED DAYLIGHT to each day. Try as I might, I could not convince her that each day still had 24 hours (I mean after the day of switching, mine you), and that the increased amount of daylight was a natural phenomenon as the earth tilted to put us in the sun longer each day as we approached summer. (Should I have really screwed her up by mentioning that even though we are pointed at the sun more often, that the earth is actually farther from the sun during summer in the norther hemisphere? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif) Oh, the humanity. This is why I've decided not to work amymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the more logica views, Flash!

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, there are people out there who think that there's no gravity on the moon, and that the reason the astronauts stuck to it is because they wore those big heavy boots. Adding daylight to each day is practically believeable!

nullandvoid

Newly Enlightened

I don't like it but I guess for different reasons, while I don't have to worry about changing my clock (Ahhh one of the benefits of living in Arizona) it sure plays hell with my work. The company I work for is spread out across the country and with the way it is currently 4 of our offices stay on standard all the time (all in arizona) and something like 20 change times. This is made worse for the four offices that would normally not have to worry about it, but we do a lot of things based on central time so lot's of changes to be made in our phone systems to accomadate the fact that the clocks changed relative to each other.

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
nullandvoid said:
I don't like it but I guess for different reasons

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey... ANY reason not to like it is a good reason! And quite seriously, your reasons aren't much different from anybody elses... I mean besides Sasha's.

Latest posts