Poll: do you sleep with your wristwatch on?

Ever heard of or used flashlightlens.com?

• Sometimes, sometimes not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the skin on my wrist would get irritated if I wore it all the time. I don't know if that's true, but I think so, and that's what counts.

I need a good CHEAP watch. I wore the same timex for 25 years, and if I can find it, I might use it again. I bought a Casio a few months ago and twice the day of the month (but not the day of the week) got incremented by one. If I can't depend on it, what good is it. The old mechanical watches might gain a minute a day. This sucker occasionally gains 24 hours.

Until they make a digital watch where you can set the time backwards as well as forwards, there is no such thing as a good watch, in my opinion. The clock on my kitchen stove has this feature, but I can't figure out how to strap it to my wrist.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
The shower is NOT recommended. Even for the best dive watch that resists great depths, the manufacturers think that steam and soap are detrimental to the watch. I haven't decided if I believe them or not- just reporting what I've read on some of the watch forums.

paulr

Flashaholic
Eluminator, that story about the Casio skipping a day is weird. I've never seen anything like it. Are you sure it's set properly? Are you talking about a digital watch?

Penguin

Enlightened
I've had my Swiss Army Original for a whlie now and it's been the best watch I've owned I can't sleep with it on though.. it's just too uncomfortable/restricting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My sister had a metal banded Guess that she kept on 24/7 except in the shower.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are time when I leave in on while sleeping or in the shower for that matter.

chiphead

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Most of the time, I will always take it off, but occationally, if I am only taking a nap or need to get up with only a little bit of sleep when tired--then I will keep it on.

Casio skipping a day? I have the G-shock and G-shock tough-solar for years, never had seen them do that.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Back when my watch selection was limited to cheap, durable digital wristwatches, I used to only remove my watch to bathe.

I successfully rehabilitated myself after noticing the horrible "watch scar" that was developing on my wrist. Not only did no hair grow in that area, but there was a permanent indentation in the skin. It just didn't look healthy and it stood out whenever I didn't wear a watch.

I also managed to switch from the odd habit of wearing it on my right wrist to my left at the same time.

Now that I have a watch that retails for more than almost all my other cheap watches put together, I take it off whenever I get home.

EDIT - hm, looks like I said more or less the same thing back in July...

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paulr, and WingErr, thanks for the replies for the incremented date.

It is a Casio digital watch. As far as I know it doesn't know what year it is. I don't think it will display or allow me to set the year. If I'm wrong here, please let me know.

I might be accidentally setting it when I fumble with it on the nightstand. I sometimes accidentally push the button that changes 12 hour time to 24 hour time. But changing the date and only the date twice accidentally? I don't know, unless there is a secret shortcut to changing the date that I have unknowingly discovered.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:

I successfully rehabilitated myself after noticing the horrible "watch scar" that was developing on my wrist. Not only did no hair grow in that area, but there was a permanent indentation in the skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

After wearing my Timex for 15 or 20 years I noticed the hair on my wrist was being shaved off. Later I also noticed the edge of my shirt cuff was getting frayed. I discovered and fixed the problem.

The chrome plating around the edge of the back of the watch had eroded away. Just along the fairly sharp "corner" around the edge of the back of the case. Apparently sweat had then eroded some of the brass underneath. This undercut the chrome plating and caused a knife edge to form. I removed the knife edge with a small sharpening stone.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
AsI never look at my wrist when I sleep, I never wear my wristwatch when I am in my bed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Furthermore, I have an alarm clock with time projector to see what time is it if I awake me in the middle of the night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
And as I am a collector, when you sleep you risk to make some scratches to your watches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

scuba

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
And as I am a collector, when you sleep you risk to make some scratches to your watches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have pics somewhere? I'd love to see them...