Post your Pelican case setup!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Pelican 1060 + Quark Ti 123^2 #264 + Quark RGB (Neutral White)

not the best foam cutting job ever but it's my first and I'm happy I now have some protection for my 'high value' (to me) 4Sevens Quarks. :D

pelican%201060%20quark%20high%20value%20resize.jpg

A Quark Ti 123 twisty is with DatiLED now getting a driver swap and new LED so i'll cut a space for that upon its return. :)

Looks real good tobrien, I like it! Seems to me people should order two sets of pick N pluck. The first one to practice with, and the second to be the final setup.

Nick

TIMEBNDIT

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I am impressed, just joined in and by the looks of it I came to the right place:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks real good tobrien, I like it! Seems to me people should order two sets of pick N pluck. The first one to practice with, and the second to be the final setup.
Best thing, in my opinion, is not to order pick´n pluck foam at all but rather get closed cell foam and cut it individiually. Fit´s the lights much better, keeps them tighter (you can hold the opened case upside down and the lights won´t fall out), looks better (see post#509) and it´s cheaper then Pelican´s Pick´n Pluck foam (at least over here in germany).

Eric

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isn't a flashlight setup, but I thought the divider system would interest a few.
It's called TrekPak, and it's really handy.
The dividers are semi-rigid corrugated plastic with foam padding.
The system uses nylon coated pins to hold the dividers in place, so re-configuring the case is quick and easy. I do think they could come with a better assortment of dividers though.
This is my Pelican 1500 case with the standard TrekPak insert.

IMAG0208.jpg

Cody Jansen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the bad cell phone pictures

I don't have a Pelican but I have a cheap Plano 4 pistol gun case that I keep my lights in.
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/7999/0323132316.jpg

Left Side- JetBeam BC40, Coleman 6xAA, 2x Olight M20X Warriors, Techlight Lumen Master 3xAAA, 4Sevens Quark 123^2 R5

Right Side- 4Sevens Quark Turbo R5, Olight TC15 Transformer, Olight TC10 Transformer, AA Maglite, 2x Olight i3 E0S, Generic button cell

I cut the foam in half down the middle and I have a fishing tackle box with spare bodies for the Transformers, orange and white diffusers, lanyards, O-rings, grease, pocket clips. Below the tackle box is a Pelican 1010 with 123 cells in it. An 18650 charger is below that. On the left side under the foam is spare AAs and AAAs and a few 18650s.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4186/0323132319.jpg

My PM request to resize your images has been ignored, oversize images now converted to link - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be taking this to Alaska with me in May for 5 months. She may not be pretty, but this little Harbor Frieght case is holding an amazing amount of lights (many modded by Vinh), parts, batteries, accesories, and equipment, while keeping them all protected.

Outside
travelcase1.jpg

Inside - top
travelcase2.jpg

Second level
travelcase3.jpg

Everything
travelcase4.jpg

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pelican only holds one light...

hejydu3u.jpg

My Elektrolumens ST90

yje3edyp.jpg

And a couple of accessories

4aru9ubu.jpg

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
I have a question here, is there a good place to order replacement grey foam for these cases online who will ship to Canada ? i have several pelican and the aluminum cases and want to mod them for my many lights. :thinking:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question here, is there a good place to order replacement grey foam for these cases online who will ship to Canada ? i have several pelican and the aluminum cases and want to mod them for my many lights. :thinking:

have you checked to see if Pelican has an office in Canada and maybe they'd send you some for shipping (or free?)?

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
have you checked to see if Pelican has an office in Canada and maybe they'd send you some for shipping (or free?)?

I just checked, but their proces for the foams are cut to fit specific cases, and very expensive. ( one 3 piece foam set they have is priced at $ 83.50

Slazmo

Enlightened
Since Amazon.com stopped selling / sending Pelican to Australia, I have purchased two Otter Box 3000's for $15 each from work. One for EDC and the other for kayak / fishing / trekking. Honestly the same and or if not better quality than the 1015i Pelican that I have - the smaller Pelican's have a integrated seal that is not foolproof unlike the Otter's which are user serviceable and replaceable.

I have to forage some foam from my local foam monger and try my hand at not cutting myself while trying to cut inserts for torches / battery slots and other stuff...

Last edited:

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened
My crowded Pelican 1095 case; it is home to most of my lights:

f4ed7333-8772-4fe5-8f5b-b43e5a80676c_zps6f751eeb.jpg

When studying or working abroad, you wanna carry some of your favorite lights along with some accessories in a very compact package. How do you do that? My answer: the "Mobile 1" Pelican 1060 case.

68132440-68c6-4b3a-9e4e-8c21c130b27d_zpscb02c115.jpg

Now what's inside the box?

SureFire Z2 w/Malkoff M60N
SureFire LX2
SureFire AZ2-S
SureFire E1B w/ defender tailcap
One spare Z44 bezel
Malkoff M60L
SureFire F04 diffuser
SureFire F05 red filter
Original E1B tailcap
SureFire A2L-RD head (A2L shares the same body & tailcap w/ LX2, so I'm technically carrying A2L as well)
One spare LX2 clip
One spare L1 clip (I carry a L1 when not using the four lights shown in the case)
One SureFire lanyard
Nyogel 760G in Oveready 2cc pack
Spare o rings for all the lights above & GITD o rings; a grand total of almost 40

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My crowded Pelican 1095 case; it is home to most of my lights:

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/...3-8772-4fe5-8f5b-b43e5a80676c_zps6f751eeb.jpg

When studying or working abroad, you wanna carry some of your favorite lights along with some accessories in a very compact package. How do you do that? My answer: the "Mobile 1" Pelican 1060 case.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/...0-68c6-4b3a-9e4e-8c21c130b27d_zpscb02c115.jpg

Now what's inside the box?

SureFire Z2 w/Malkoff M60N
SureFire LX2
SureFire AZ2-S
SureFire E1B w/ defender tailcap
One spare Z44 bezel
Malkoff M60L
SureFire F04 diffuser
SureFire F05 red filter
Original E1B tailcap
SureFire A2L-RD head (A2L shares the same body & tailcap w/ LX2, so I'm technically carrying A2L as well)
One spare LX2 clip
One spare L1 clip (I carry a L1 when not using the four lights shown in the case)
One SureFire lanyard
Nyogel 760G in Oveready 2cc pack
Spare o rings for all the lights above & GITD o rings; a grand total of almost 40

That is freaking amazing. Well done!