Post your Photos - Part 2

ven

Flashaholic
Cool, thanks for info . So your a canon man:) Colours seem............hard to explain but a little more vivid with canon over nikon from my limited experience. But we are nikon here, does not get much use of late:thumbsdow

Awesome pics anyway, certainly have an eye for it:cool:

Mchipman

Newly Enlightened
Lp4R3NB.jpg

Beard Man

Enlightened
Cool, thanks for info . So your a canon man:) Colours seem............hard to explain but a little more vivid with canon over nikon from my limited experience. But we are nikon here, does not get much use of late:thumbsdow

Awesome pics anyway, certainly have an eye for it:cool:

Yeah , was a Nikon shooter a very long,long time ago :)

For me, Canon is better in everything!

;)

Last edited:

Beard Man

Enlightened
a little more vivid

It depends on which monitor you use, and whether it is calibrated or not.

I edit my pictures on the NEC MultiSync PA272W with SpectraView II

Last edited:

Beard Man

Enlightened
Beard_Man. would the Canon 135mm F2 lens that you mentioned above fit on a Nikon D90 body?

Its possible in some way, but its a pain of .... :)

You'd probably be better purchasing a Nikon lenses for your D90, believe me.

If you have to use Canon lenses, then get a Canon EOS DSLR body to match your glass.

Canon 5D (which I use) selling around $300-$600, depends on condition.

• The electronic mount communication between the camera and the lens is proprietary and adapter rings don't translate between the two, so you'd have to give up all the features that require camera/lens communication (e.g., camera body control of the lens aperture [i.e., you can only shoot in M or A], wide-open metering, lens EXIF information, autofocus).
  • The Nikon D3x00/D40 and D5x00/D60 models cannot perform stop-down metering. So even if you're willing to give up focus to infinity and try and use an adapter ring, you'll lose accurate metering.
  • Canon EOS lenses have no aperture rings. Without electronic communication and with no manual way to adjust the aperture, you either have to be content with shooting wide open all the time, or you have to mount the EOS lens on a Canon body, set the aperture, hold down the DOF button and unmount it and then put it on your Nikon body, and go through this little ritual every time you want to change the aperture. FD/FL, however, do have aperture rings.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Its possible in some way, but its a pain of .... :)

You'd probably be better purchasing a Nikon lenses for your D90, believe me.

If you have to use Canon lenses, then get a Canon EOS DSLR body to match your glass.

Canon 5D (which I use) selling around $300-$600, depends on condition.

• The electronic mount communication between the camera and the lens is proprietary and adapter rings don't translate between the two, so you'd have to give up all the features that require camera/lens communication (e.g., camera body control of the lens aperture [i.e., you can only shoot in M or A], wide-open metering, lens EXIF information, autofocus).
  • The Nikon D3x00/D40 and D5x00/D60 models cannot perform stop-down metering. So even if you're willing to give up focus to infinity and try and use an adapter ring, you'll lose accurate metering.
  • Canon EOS lenses have no aperture rings. Without electronic communication and with no manual way to adjust the aperture, you either have to be content with shooting wide open all the time, or you have to mount the EOS lens on a Canon body, set the aperture, hold down the DOF button and unmount it and then put it on your Nikon body, and go through this little ritual every time you want to change the aperture. FD/FL, however, do have aperture rings.

Thanks for taking the trouble to answer my question so comprehensively. Its much appreciated. Its a pity that its so difficult because that lens has the best reviews I've ever seen on Amazon here in the UK. :)

Out of 40 reviews, all 40 rated the lens excellent (5 out of 5)! That's simply incredible!

Beard Man

Enlightened
Thanks for taking the trouble to answer my question so comprehensively. Its much appreciated. Its a pity that its so difficult because that lens has the best reviews I've ever seen on Amazon here in the UK. :)

Out of 40 reviews, all 40 rated the lens excellent (5 out of 5)! That's simply incredible!

Yeah, the lens just spectacular!