Post your vaping story, e-liquid and hardware prefs to help others.

ven

Flashaholic
I likey, certainly different and can tell it has a quality air to it from the pic. Presume single 18650 fed, unfortunate for me i need a minimum of 2x 18650's or i would be swapping cells on the hour! Sub ohm makes that much difference to mah!!

Nice little vape family you have going now, one for each day of the week..................or is that month;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For all intense and purposes it's a 70 watt deal that can go as high as 100 watts (some say 150) with the right 35 steady amp capable battery. But they don't reccomend it due to low fuel mileage. Can do 0.05 to 3.0 ohms and apparently a stellar temp control suite.

Using it for an 8-15 watt toodle puffer yeilds a days supply easily. Today I started out with a full battery and 2ml of a nice sauce. The tank has about 80% left and the battery is at 3.95 volts.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Damn......I use around 15ml ish, swap cells(2) out once on each week day, twice (sometimes 3 times)on weekend days. That's just 19w power , 0.25 ohms. Not much cloud either for a low power, but a nice vape no matter how frequent,

ZombieBob

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the SX Mini club, bykfixer! I have had my G class for a while now, and love it. It is a dual 18650 mod, so will last me most of a day. It works OK running VW, but excels when using temp control. One of the smoothest vapes I have used. Enjoy!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have a lot to learn about these devices. Today was the last day of the sale at my local store so I scooped up another one (to stash). The proprietor is a vaping vet and went through all of the possibilities.

It's kinda fun to watch folks who get all the know how to be mesmorized by all those features I'll likely never use. But watching that fellow shortened my learning curve.

At first I used a 23mm Nautilis tank on it for looks. But later placed an Innokin Zenith on it and man what a difference. I had no idea that the simple act of zapping a coil with electricity could be so dam complicated, yet those sublties sure do matter. Flavor with a capital F.L.A.V.O.R.

You're right zombie.... smooth, smooth, smooth.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_20180913_211333.jpg

Just purchased this

The JAC Vapour 75 Sandstorm. DNA 75 chip and all that. British designed and assembled, another real sturdy, upgradable device should arrive in about 2 weeks.
After conversion from Brits to $ and shipping overseas it was a bit less than the SX Mini SL.

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice! I like it:cool:

Last DNA chip i had was the DNA40 in the vaporshark, loved that little mod.

soap94

Newly Enlightened
I am actually vaping for around 1 year and mostly using this oil right now, which is a hemp oil. I am not sure that it is legal in all states and countries, but a lot of doctors are for this oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

PartyPete

Enlightened
Got my first refillable device yesterday!

Here's my journey so far...

I started the vape journey around January with a Vuse Alto. Immediately went from a pack a day to a few cigs here and there. I picked up a Juul as a back up device and while I liked the flavors, the pods cost an arm and a leg.

I never really liked the way the Juul hit so even though the flavors are good and it's a fairly consistent device, I went back to the Vuse Alto just because I preferred the much larger pods and better and just liked the "throat hit" more. Hits harder and more satisfying, plus it's silent and doesn't crackle like Juul.

However I grew tired of the expensive Juul pods and the limited flavors and hit or miss Alto pods. I figured it was time for an actual device that I could just fill myself...ended up with a Renova Zero.

I've had it for a few days now and it's a pretty nice little pod system. Very smooth draw, decent amount of vapor, variable wattage, easy refills and small/stealthy. Pretty impressed so far.

Picked up my first bottle of e-juice as well - Sadboy Shamrock Cookie. Tastes exactly like a Thin Mint cookie. I'm usually not big on dessert flavors but this one is pretty amazing.

Best part is I've been completely cigarette free for the past week.

I've still been using the Alto while on the go and the Zero at home, but I'm thinking in the future the Zero will be my daily driver and maybe I'll look into a larger mod for at home. Definitely excited to try some more juices too!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Zero is my hero Pete. I stopped using the full sized gear after trying a Zero. I have 3 now. Vapresso has one arriving soon called the Aurora Play the is for all intents and purposes a Zero in a Zippo lighter type body. It uses the same filler system but on the top instead of the bottom of the tank. Vapes through an old school tapered tip instead of a duck bill type too.

IMG_20190325_161555.jpg
Play versus Zero tank

IMG-20190301-194922.jpg
A Play and a Zero (in a Zero sleeve)

IMG_20190302_084821.jpg
The Play closed

I was a tester for them and gotta say they're a winner. But I still find myself using the Zero pretty often. Flavors? Phew, that's so subjective. I like chewing gum type flavors be it fruity or sweet minty. So that thin mint you speak of sounds awesome.

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened
The Play looks cool. I saw some reviews after I picked up my Zero. I like the idea of a covered mouthpiece but I'm not entirely sure if I would like the form factor of it.

I am pretty impressed with the Zero though. I wanted something simple and convenient. It works.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Zero is definitely more portable.

The Play is a Zero in a zippo style casing with a round mouth piece. Essentially that's the big difference between the two.

The drag from either is virtually the same.

If you have an extra $50 burning a hole in your pocket (device and lots of extra pods) then go for it. Otherwise the Zero is just dandy.
(Vapresso asked me to test a Play so I had a prototype, then I bought a production model since the prototype was high only in order to compare to the Zero and yeah I like it, but the Zero is just about the same drag.) I use medium for both devices.

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened
I definitely like the Zero and would consider a Play for a back up device or maybe for the wife. The pod life on the Zero is pretty great. Getting a week if not more from a pod before the taste takes a serious decline. Even at that point, it doesn't taste burnt but the flavor is just not there anymore.

Although, one drawback I noticed is the flavor is inconsistent at times. Sometimes I'll refill a pod and it will be great for several days and then for maybe 50 or so drags it begins tasting muted. Not sure if it's just due to battery depleting or the flavor just begins to become flat as the juice gets low. Not a big deal, usually short lived anyway.

I am starting to consider a larger device for at home and dedicating the Zero strictly for travel, in the car etc. I like the simplicity of the Zero but know virtually nothing about changing coils and the nuances of more advanced devices. But a bit more battery and juice capacity would be nice. But I just don't want something high maintenance.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Innokin makes a tank called Zenith that is very popular with mouth to lung types or lightweight direct lung types.

It has a plug in coil pack that you simply pull out or push in. Very tight drag like a Zero with the advantage of replaceable coil packs. It's top fill and air flow is easily adjustable.

They also make a battery box called Kroma that is very popular with Zenith users. Without a tank it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

IMG_20180907_142038.jpg

My white Kroma kit with an aftermarket tip.

There are a million-billion choices out there now but the Zenith is the closest tank I know of that a Zero mimics. I used to use a Zenith tank on an Aspire Rover X30 box until discovering the Zero. Haven't used my big stuff ever since.

IMG-20181014-112339.jpg

My Rover with a Zenith.
Zenith comes with a tapered tip in the photo and a straight side type so you decide which you prefer.

Sent you a pm Pete.

Last edited: