Power Flares

greenLED

Flashaholic
If somebody's looking for a more affordable product, the TurboFlare 360's are also good products. I have a bunch of those.

Light Sabre

Enlightened
I have a couple FlareAlert's in my car. FlareAlert by The Keystone Group The flares that you guys are talking about sound a look better than the FA's. The FA's are pretty indestructable. You can stand on them. Run over them with your car and you won't damage them. They have strong magnets on the bottom, so they will attach to steel. They're make by a company about 5 miles from where I live. A local hardware store sells them for $10. Used them 4 months ago when a motorcyclist going too fast for conditions ran into my car. Happened on a 3 lane street (1 lane each way and a center turn lane). The accident took up 2 of the 3 lanes during rush hour traffic. Cars and buses coming from both directions. Put one of the flares on my hood at the point it was closest to the 1 free lane. Put the 2nd flare on the roof of my car so that the accident could be seen from the furthest distance. The guy was very lucky, he walked away, although banged up, but no broken bones or anything serious. TerraLux made something similar, but couldn't take any abuse like standing on them or running over them with a car.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used cheap LED taillights/blinkies meant for bicycles as "flares" in the woods or fields when fire danger is high(I've seen guys get fired on the spot for tossing a cigarette butt, lit or not.). Stick the blinkies in the windows of a stalled car and they'll last a lot longer than the car's batteries will running the four-way flashers. For three bucks at Wallyworld you can buy a bunch and not much care how many uses you get out of them.

Slinger-
Please forgive me; I take a bit of offense at your opinion that a woman would have trouble striking an incendiary flare. My wife is quite petite at 108lbs and 5'4" tall. She can fire any kind of gun and can float gears in a semi truck and striking a flare is like striking a big match to her. I don't know what kind of woman your wife is, but most of the women I know can strike an incendiary flare just fine. I imagine yours could too.

:buddies:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Their website is really unproductive and annoying. I sent them an e-mail about how to purchase outside the US.
I sure would like to put one of those in each of our cars. I dig that they run on CR123 :D