Powering your flashlight with Candles?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Re: Candle Powered - Is this for REAL !

Note that after the cut to the guy "magnetizing" each wire that the candles never move again. It would have been more convincing if he'd managed to do it without the cut. Also note that he gingerly holds each candle while attaching the leads - covering the fact that there's a wire anchoring each candle in place. A bit of slack in the wire and a void carved under each candle would have allowed for some convincing motion when the leads were attached.

The first time he was pretty subtle about using his left hand to flip the switch, but not so subtle the second time using the right hand. Better if he kept using the same hand to light he candles, or some other method of flipping the switch, like a foot, knee, or something off-camera.

Now I just have to ask why I'm giving advice on how to better execute a dumb forgery?

Last edited:

Kelvino

Newly Enlightened

Nice idea anyway, at least we had something to smile about:buddies:

mdocod

Flashaholic

my sonicare toothbrush charges with no connections... it's inductive. a similar setup could have been used through the table pretty easily.

jtice

Flashaholic

Theres another vid out there of a guy doing the exact same thing, with two potatoes, powering an MP3 player.

If I recall correctly, there is something about a flame, and the ions it pulls in.
But I am also skeptical due to the rather high 3V output.

~John

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure about the candle but potato power is legit as well as lemons cuz they have electrons or something in them i remember seeing it done and explained on some tv show ,but candle wax im not sure