Problem with new JetBeam BA20

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
Well one thing is obvious for sure; some people have sick senses of humor. And where one moron is there is usually
At least one more ( close by) but for the rest of us who are mature adults don't screw around and give the guy a straight up answer. Or at least like mrlysle said " convey the fact that thy are kidding"
All they end uP doing is adding confusion!!

I don't get how joking around makes me a moron, but I guess that's a call for the mature adults to make. I deemed that this thread is about a flashlight that is so obviously broken that a little humor was in order. Sorry if I did not lay on the sarcasm thick enough for all of you to understand. I meant no disrespect at all. If you think this forum is supposed to be 100% serious all day long, please try to explain half the emoticons you are encouraged to use in your postings: :twothumbs:nana::hitit:...

robostudent5000

Enlightened
Sorry if I did not lay on the sarcasm thick enough for all of you to understand. I meant no disrespect at all. If you think this forum is supposed to be 100% serious all day long, please try to explain half the emoticons you are encouraged to use in your postings: :twothumbs:nana::hitit:...

don't sweat it bro. :grouphug: i think the confusion arose because your joke was no setup ,all punchline. you gotta set that baby up next time. :dedhorse:

Muzi, i echo all the previous opinions about the faulty switch. the switch is definitely shorting. i hope this isn't a common problem on the BA20. i've been thinking hard about getting one after i read selfbuilt's review outlining its exceptional output, but now i might have to wait a bit until we get some more user feedback on the model.

Last edited:

Nicrod

Flashaholic
don't sweat it bro. :grouphug: i think the confusion arose because your joke was no setup ,all punchline. you gotta set that baby up next time. :dedhorse:

Muzi, i echo all the previous opinions about the faulty switch. the switch is definitely shorting. i hope this isn't a common problem on the BA20. i've been thinking hard about getting one after i read selfbuilt's review outlining its exceptional output, but now i might have to wait a bit until we get some more user feedback on the model.

Amen to that brother. :popcorn:
:laughing: :twothumbs back to topic at hand. Any new info on the
Status of ur ba20 muzi ? If no improvement call it in, and let is know what they say.

Last edited:

MuZI

Newly Enlightened
I asked 2 other people who purchased the same flashlight the same week as me and both have said they don't have the problem. They don't hear the rattle in the tailcap either...

I really don't feel confident trying to tinker with the problem with the possibility of making it worse. Their phones open up Monday morning so I'll call them up and find a resolution. I'll post on here what they say.

Thank you to everyone who replied in this thread.

MuZI

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how to contact JetBeam USA? I sent them an email ([email protected]) and left a message on their voice mail (888-221-5498). Still no reply...

Luckily it was only a $40 flashlight...

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
I had a problem over not having a clear understanding about a part I ordered from JetBeam USA and they got back to me within 24 hours and offered to take the part back for a full refund. Ultimately, I found a better solution...I bought another flashlight that I could use that part with. ;-) They were responsive to my e-mailed inquiry and actually offered me more than I would have expected.

Jetbeam USA has the same snail mail address as Bug Out Gear so I'm guessing they are either closely allied or are run by the same people. I've bought a number of flashlights, batteries, and a couple of chargers from Flavio at Bug Out Gear and always found his service excellent.

slowbra01

Newly Enlightened
I have the BA20 and that is definitely an issue. Contact the dealer where you purchased it from. If all else fails call Flavio at Bug Out Gear. He took care of my issue with another Jetbeam light! Let us know how it turns out!

MuZI

Newly Enlightened
I have the BA20 and that is definitely an issue. Contact the dealer where you purchased it from. If all else fails call Flavio at Bug Out Gear. He took care of my issue with another Jetbeam light! Let us know how it turns out!

I purchased it from (http://www.jetbeamusa.com/). They have the same contact information as Bug Out Gear so I assume it's the same people. I'll wait until Friday to contact them again.

MuZI

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to give an update for anyone who cares. I sent Flav ([email protected]) and email and told him the flashlight had a defect.

Unfortunately after I sent him the email I had the flashlight on my nightstand and it fell leaving a small 1-2 mm scratch on the tailcap. I told him it wouldn't be appropriate to send the flashlight back and I would like to purchase a new tailcap if possible. He told me not to worry and send it back anyway.

Returned it. Just got an email this morning that the replacement has been shipped. I should get it on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

mrlysle

Enlightened
Good deal! Glad your getting a replacement! Hope there's ZERO issues with the new one. I just got my first JETBeam the other day. It was on the marketplace. A used RRT-0 with a neutral emitter. Really a nice and well built light. I'm thinking you just got one of those rare "bad ones". Hopefully your next light purchase will be trouble free. After looking at my RRT-0, I think I'll get some more JETBeam lights. Good luck to you!

Latest posts