Prometheus Lights - The Showcase Gallery

Barefootone

Enlightened

jonwkng,

Very nice for sure the Cerakoted adds a soft look to the Alpha. I'm wondering, does the Cerakoted coating have a soft feel?

I thought about Cerakoted, but it would not work for me on my Alpha ICE v3 for obvious reasons.
:grin2:

My ICE v3 has a MC18-B LED/ MCE 6500K (cool) 600L . This is it one of my favorite lights.

IMG_1528-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Pen3.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
That blue Alpha is frikken awesome! Man, that is so tempting to have that done to my Alpha. It looks amazing. :bow:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice for sure the Cerakoted adds a soft look to the Alpha. I'm wondering, does the Cerakoted coating have a soft feel?

Hi, Barefootone,

That's a nice ICE V3 you have!

Anyway, the Cerakote coating has ASTM D3363 rating of 9H, and is used to coat firearms amongst other things. Hard enough for me. :D

That blue Alpha is frikken awesome! Man, that is so tempting to have that done to my Alpha. It looks amazing. :bow:

Hi, nbp,

Jason has been offering Cerakoted as an add-on option for the Blue Label Alphas for quite a while. To quote Jason from his Alpha Blue Label Info page:-

NIC Industries "Cerakote" Option

This is not listed as a standard option because I send these lights to a NIC Certified Applicator and their turn-around is 2-4 weeks. Many colors (including custom blends) are available. Please contact me directly if you are interested in Cerakote.

Cerakote is a bake-on ceramic coating designed for firearms. The application method is similar to powder coat but this coating is much harder. Cerakote is applied to the Alpha after it has been nickel plated, so all internal surface and threads retain the protective EN coating.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I have had a couple other lights cerakoted over the years, but I never would have thought to have it done over the EN plating. Yet it looks so good on the Alpha!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I ordered my Alpha from Jason I knew I was going to keep it - so I had Jason put my name on the head.

I've been messing around with my camera the last day or two, I realized I need to iron the backdrops that came withe the light tent...

The Alpha is developing a nice Patina on it

NWF_2422-L.jpg

I think I'm going to change my avatar to this...

NWF_2421-L.jpg

NCRick

Newly Enlightened
Well, here's my contribution to this thread... My recently arrived NRA BLUE Cerakoted Alpha Blue Label NC-18B. The additional Cerakoting step adds about a month to the waiting time, but it is well worth it. :)

The beauty of his Cerakoted lights is that underneath the colorful exterior is the same durable EN coating. And that same insane Class III thread fit.

Many thanks to Jason for crafting yet another terrific light and for the kind assistance in getting my light Cerakoted! :twothumbs

Who knows? Maybe those of us who favor PRISON PINKor ZOMBIE GREEN might be inspired to get a light like this? :crackup:

13898815541_a23aaf5cf5_o.jpg

P.S. bluebonnet, here's the photo you asked for. :D

Wow Jonathan, that is freakin' awesome looking! I am totally jealous. Blue happens to be my favorite color and the understated but elegant craftsmanship is superb. That's a fantastic add to your collection. :thumbsup:

:cool:

Barefootone

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan,
WOW what a killer electric blue. I love my ICE v3 which I posted earlier and would never Cerakote. With that said I may have to buy another Alpha Blue Label and have it Cerakoted. I love how your Alpha looks.

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Cleaned up my Beta-QR with some Nevr-Dull this weekend. That stuff works great. I decided to try it based on one of Jason's old blog posts. Beats the pants off the vinegar and salt (or ketchup and salt) trick.

C87AFED1-2820-41FE-8CB9-111EBAF1392E_zpshpwukkiw.jpg

About 4 days later:

EF854D8E-8E14-4D58-A8CA-EDFACDE146CA_zpsj7ko0ora.jpg

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cleaned up my Beta-QR with some Nevr-Dull this weekend. That stuff works great. I decided to try it based on one of Jason's old blog posts. Beats the pants off the vinegar and salt (or ketchup and salt) trick.

About 4 days later:

Hi Mbehe87,
It looks nice with the patina, but if you like your copper shiny... You could use Renaissance Wax to keep the shine a little longer. :)

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mbehe87,
It looks nice with the patina, but if you like your copper shiny... You could use Renaissance Wax to keep the shine a little longer. :)

Thanks! I also like the look of the patina. I usually clean it once every few months just for something different. Plus I get to watch the patina develop all over again. I have heard good things about Renaissance Wax, I may try that some day.