Put together a green light tonite...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am enjoying this thread!! One of the reasons I chose the turquoise AAA is that the lack of phosphor actually allows the LED to operate at maximum brightness and I don't really notice the ring artifacts in regular usage. At a birthday dinner for a friend recently I had cause to use the AAA to illuminate gifts and cards for our friend, and about 10 out of the twelve to fourteen people there (folks were coming and going) were really impressed with the turquoise.

I have not seen a 5W cyan in person but would really like to play around with one. The Amber sounds cool and I wonder if it would cause an increase in the sharpness of contrast and definition that amber shooting glasses do?

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
IceBreak I get it.. now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I also agree that Cyan color does not seem to wipe out color rendention as bad as other colors. You can sometimes tell what the color is. But mainly, each color has a different shade and different colors don't blend into the same shade...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes -

Thanks. Sometimes my little jokes are so small they can't be detected. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

On the Cyan, I think your description is exactly what I see. I'm really convinced people see light and colors differently. If I design a screen for a program and ask ten users what color it is I'm likely to get 2 or 3 different answers.

tsg68 -

"Amber sounds cool and I wonder if it would cause an increase in the sharpness of contrast and definition that amber shooting glasses do?.

That sounds right to me and it sounds like what I've heard others describe.