PXR heatsink & Kensters Dremel? Hehe!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Karl, we think alike.:) I have wanted make a tripple LED light of an SF III for a while but didn`t think I could really do it without a Lathe. After playing with some Cree`s, I figured it was time to give it a try since I knew I could get a lot of light at lower drive levels with less heat than using Luxeons driven much harder for more heat. Doing this on the capacity of only a single 18650 cell you can`t be driving the 3 LED`s hard if you want any runtime. FluPic seemed to be perfect with adjustable multi-levels and a show off blinding burst of 2.8amps. That remonds me that I need to beef up a Kroll switch to handle the current.:ohgeez: Hmmm.....LED Zepplin is good at modding Kroll switches as I recall?:whistle: Hehe!

Ken

BTW I have a TNC HyperLux that is like the SF III and it might visit Modamag for a custom finish. Maybe a TriSouel for it?:shrug: Maybe even a Quad?:grin2:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah, just replying to do this :nana: :D

You are braver than I. I can't do precise dremel stuff like that. Perhaps I get too impatient? I did use an air die grinder, and a rip off dremel to go back and forth since my air compressor runs out of air fast to do this. In addition to port matching (grinding the port openings as big as the gasket openings) I also cleaned the upper intake up of all it's casting marks and seams, and took off 4 brackets/tabs off the front and sides to clean up the look. I also polished smooth a rectangular area for where I painted the logo on (so it would be crisp). I first sprayed the red-orange and white down, then masked it with the letters I made in photoshop with vector paths so I could print it high resolution onto sticky label paper. I cut those out, layed it down over the paint, then sprayed it all semi-gloss black. Came out quite well, the original upper intake looked TERRIBLE plain/un-prettied up. :)

That's the only work I have to show off with a dremel/air grinder!

I still don't quite understand how you did somethings, but I guess you just went slow and were steady... wow!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Nah, just replying to do this :nana: :D

You are braver than I. I can't do precise dremel stuff like that. Perhaps I get too impatient? I did use an air die grinder, and a rip off dremel to go back and forth since my air compressor runs out of air fast to do this.

I enjoyed the pics with the engine!:thumbsup: Makes me want to mod my engine now! Anything I can tear apart and mess with is fun to me. The problem is I tear apart anything & everything before I have other things I tore apart put back together.:ohgeez: Some SSC P4`s arriving made me push this project aside and I had mod some lights using them, of course. Anyway, the reflectors are done so I`ll upload some photos and get them posted. If I can stay on track long enough since I am on dialup and it takes a while. That leaves me a lot of time to get distracted and tear my printer apart. Hmmm...... That sounds like fun!:party: Oooops! There I go again! Think flashlight, Kenster! FLASLIGHT!:twak:

But I really loved your initial reply the best! :twothumbs

Ken

BTW Right back at ya! :nana: Hehe!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
kenster said:
Email sent with a teaser reflector pic for you "Mr. Impatient"!:grin2:

Ken

Well I couldn't take it anymore I had to build my own :) Ken thanks for the idea.....you da man!

IMG_0668-vi.jpg

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now here's another good lookin' one for sure!!! These mods bringing the venerable SFIII up a notch or two!!

Karl