R.I.P. Gaston Glock.

Buff

Enlightened
Yes the original mags would not drop out when i was competing with this pistol in,at the time, IPSC. I used to beat people with "Race" guns not overall but i could win a stage or two with no optics and the penalty deduction for using 9mm. Good times.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
As they say: "It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Everything has changed. Now you have guns built for specific divisions. So, now, if you want to be a competitive Formula 1 racer then you need a Formula 1 car. But if you want to just race then you can show up, be embraced by the studs, shoot what you have and have fun. My last few matches I've used someone else's .40 Limited custom that they offered.

It's a great time to be in the practical shooting sport.

There's several grand master competitors with Glocks. 100s of A class using Glocks. Walther out of the box is just hard to beat.

Nils Johannson dominates with a $600 Canik Sfx. But he's a naturally gifted shooter and shoots high volume.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
the learning never takes a vacation here.

Letschat 7 you slipped in "and did a bunch of gun crimes" is that true no judgement here but i'm hoping you slipped that in to see if we were paying attention?
No in my country there are so many gun laws on the books that it doesn't take much effort to break them. I won't bore you with a long story this time.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Co-worker of mine was nearly arrested here in NYC for making finger-guns at his date, along with Pew-Pew sounds. In fairness, the officer who reached for his own real gun was older, bit hard of hearing, and it was very dark out during the time of the incident. I later found out his date was not his girlfriend.... Unfortunately for him she found out too. He showed up to work with a funny story and a very unfunny face that made him look like Robert De Nero from the 1994 film "Frankenstein."

She apparently went after his face and skull with a large, heavy, square-shaped crystal ash-tray. He had staples literally holding his scalp together. Being both old-fashioned and apparently not very wise at making decisions concerning his girlfriend, he chose not to press charges. I knew him a very short while. He quit. And, I really hope he went back to Texas.... without her.

Honestly, you're better off sticking with the Gen. 3s.
They are less picky on ammo if in 9x19.
I have zero experience and negligible knowledge regarding Gens 4 or 5, whereas I know the Gen 3s so well that I'm virtually an armorer and a successful modder. They also fit my hand perfectly w/o the need for adjustable inserts. I appreciate your input, and I'm glad to not have to spend more years and dollars playing mad scientist reverse engineering a new gun! (Not to mention the need to accumulate hundreds of spare and aftermarket parts!)

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Gen2, 2.5, and 3 are perfection as far as Glock designs go. If you need something better get Steyr or Caracal. Of course any high end Euro gun is better like Sphinx, Walther, HK, etc.