• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 Seeker Introduction

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that is it.

This item has also been listed on the Russian Olight website for the past few days.

I will be in Moscow for a few days in the middle of June. Maybe I can pick one up there?

DMS1970

Enlightened
I notice it shows 2 led are available. Would both have the same lumens? Would one throw better than the other? I like this a lot.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that is it.

This item has also been listed on the Russian Olight website for the past few days.

I will be in Moscow for a few days in the middle of June. Maybe I can pick one up there?

In Moscow (one of the most expensive cities) they may make first batch price sky high if notice any buyers' interest. For example, any interesting iPhone model is being sold for 5-6 times larger price. Just because they are "first".

Last edited:

1c3d0g

Newly Enlightened
No, one has 2600 lumens and the other 3200 lumens. I can't give you a source as ALL the links have been taken offline, but I saw it on at least 2 websites. One has the Cree XHP50 LED, the other one has the higher output version LED, Cree XHP70 (the PRO version). I've even seen graphs of this light in action, but I can't for the life of me find them. It has a quick step-down mode that lowers the output to around 1300 lumens after 8 or 10 minutes (can't remember the exact number).

I've e-mailed a website asking them why they took the links down, they said they'll put them back online as soon as Olight put theirs on their own website. So once they have authorization from Olight they'll start selling them. This will be my dream flashlight, once I put my trusty Orbtronic 5200 mAh battery in it.

13055279_10153456549531976_3222377090386941841_o.jpg

kj2

Flashaholic
Expect it warms up pretty quickly, so the step down comes in quickly too. 2500 lumens is nothing to mess with :grin2:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those not familiar with powerful flashlights, none are intended to be used on turbo until the battery is drained.

We can now put out big lumens in small lights, but with lumens there is heat. A handheld flashlight can produce a lot more lumen/heat than it is capable of coping with.

So, the practical use of powerful lights is to run them continuously on low & medium, with short bursts to high & turbo.

I caution everyone that any powerful flashlight should be hand held and never sat down. Your hand will tell you it's time to back off, when it's getting uncomfortably warm.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope we still get the blue stainless accents but that's just me. They don't look blue on the GG site.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Going Gear site says the lens is slightly concave.

I have never seen this in a light before - probably intended to add a little more 'throw' to the beam rather than 'flood'.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
Okay, it has been almost 1 month since Olightworld posted this was coming.
I am personally looking for a new "larger" light and I am ready to pull the trigger on a SR Mini 2. But this light is VERY interesting.
So does anyone know when the R50 (or even the Pro model) will be out so one may buy it?

Lateck,

kj2

Flashaholic
Haven't heard from the Olight distributor here, when it's coming. Most of the times, I receive a message when new lights are about the be released.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
We need to recognize that physics is part of the design of a flashlight. We can either have a small, lightweight, high powered flashlight for 1 minute, or we can have a heavy duty flashlight that needs a shoulder strap that will run on high until the batteries are dead.

It's a question of the ratio of power vs mass. If you want a high powered small flashlight, physics demands that you use it more or less momentarily on high. It's still a very useful flashlight. We just need to know how to use those kind. They are meant for low and medium normal work, with the occasional burst to checkout some detail at range.

The problem arises when a user, without knowledge, purchases a flashlight with the wrong expectations.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just two words to Olight: more copper :)

Just have a look at computer CPU/GPU heat sinks: they use copper thermal transfer busses inside aluminum structure:

cnps10x-flex-large.jpg

Why not to use the idea?

Last edited:

Chaitanya

Banned
Whats the tint of led used? It would be nice if Neutral white led is used, I am seriously considering this light to replace my old Nitecore light.

DMS1970

Enlightened
The R50 Seeker should be shipping anytime now, any word from Olight on that?