RA CE VERSUS SF E1B

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E1B and a LF3XT (arguably similar to the RA). Between the two you are considering, I would take the RA in a heartbeat. Not because the E1B isn't a great quality light because it is, but it is nowhere near as versatile as a general purpose light as the RA is. Add the versatility of using rechargeables, infinitely variable output... the RA is a much better general purpose light. Get the E1B also, if you want a nice, tactically-oriented pocket thrower as well.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with the Ra Tactical model. The beam has a bit more throw than the executive models, yet still has a smooth transition from spot to spill. Sounds like it will suit your needs better, as long as the raised tailcap button isn't a problem(I love the raised button BTW).

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I have decided to order a RA Clicky Executive, from where, I don't know yet. I will leave the door open to buying the E1B down the road.

Now where to buy the light, batteries and charger. Any suggestions on the rechargeble batteries and charger that I should be using on this light? Right now I am leaning towards AW RCR123's (?) and Pila charger. But I'm not the brightest diode on the forum when it comes to this stuff.

Strauss, I don't think I want the raised tail cap that is used on the Tactical model. Even though a "bit more beam throw" is a good thing

callmaster

Enlightened
I use only primaries for the Ra Clicky. I find my 170Cn compliments my 140Cgt very well.

Last edited:

oldpal

Enlightened
I have decided to order a RA Clicky Executive, from where, I don't know yet. I will leave the door open to buying the E1B down the road.

Now where to buy the light, batteries and charger. Any suggestions on the rechargeble batteries and charger that I should be using on this light? Right now I am leaning towards AW RCR123's (?) and Pila charger. But I'm not the brightest diode on the forum when it comes to this stuff.

Strauss, I don't think I want the raised tail cap that is used on the Tactical model. Even though a "bit more beam throw" is a good thing

I purchased my Ra EDC Exec from Kevin at the Battery Station at www.batterystation.com . He was very quick with the order. It will come loaded with a CR123 along with 4 additional CR123's in a plastic holster/container. I also purchased 2 protected RCR123s. I have been using AW LiIons but thought about trying these from the Battery Station. I use an UltraFire 139 charger.

Hugh

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks oldpal for the feedback. Just ordered the light from Unique Titinium. I'ver heard very good feedback about both of these dealers so I just picked one.
I plan on using AW LiIons and a Pila charger, I think. Thanks again.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on using AW LiIons and a Pila charger, I think. Thanks again.

Wise choice I think. Too bad there is no one stop shopping, you will have to order each item individually.

AW's are available from AW, Lighthound, 4-Sevens.

4sevens has free shipping. I got my Pila in a CPF group-buy (now closed)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can´t say about Ra (never had one...) but SF E1B is perfect!
You´ll not regret if you buy it. I´m in love with mine...

prime77

Enlightened
You can't go wrong with either light. For me it' comes down to the use of the light and on what kind of beam your looking for. E1B with it's tight throwy beam from it's optic. While the RA has a great floody beam with a nice hotpot. Both are great lights.

027-5.jpg

033-3.jpg

036-2.jpg

041-5.jpg

BRO

Newly Enlightened
prime77, very nice comparison shots. I like the black clip on your RA/CE. I might have to look for a different clip when mine comes in. Buy the way, I have not ruled out buying the E1B as well. But I want to play with the RA/CE for a while before I decide.

prime77

Enlightened
prime77... is your RA a clicky exec? Between these two lights you've got a decent thrower (E1B) and an awesome general purpose light.
It's a 140C. Same thing as the executive before the name change. Your right about the beam being good for general purpose. I am surprised how much throw the RA has on the highest level. It's really not that bad.