Ra Clicky (HDS Systems EDC) - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
Am I the only one who put a diffuser film on the inside of the stock lens? Hope it's not sacrilege, it's a great beam (120EDC P4). The head was easy for me to take apart, 10 minutes of finding the right combo of rubber bands. Great little light, I'm still amazed at how many threads the loyalists have put up dedicated to this or the Twisty.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Am I the only one who put a diffuser film on the inside of the stock lens? Hope it's not sacrilege, it's a great beam (120EDC P4). The head was easy for me to take apart, 10 minutes of finding the right combo of rubber bands. Great little light, I'm still amazed at how many threads the loyalists have put up dedicated to this or the Twisty.

You may be the first. It's not sacrilegious per se, it's just most people wouldn't need a pure flood beam all the time. I only really need a diffuser for close up tasks. Your lighting requirements are obviously quite different to mine. The F04 diffuser is a lot easier to reverse, but if my lighting needs required a diffused beam 95% of the time, I would probably use a LDF as well, or a different light that had a floodier beam e.g. Zebralight H30. I'd also be concerned if the LDF will affect the AR coating when you take it off. You also run the risk of losing one of the internal O rings everytime you put it on or take it off. The F04 also acts as lens protector and a bumper if you do happen to drop your Clicky. Best Clicky mod IMO. It makes a versatile light even more versatile and it solves one of its weaknesses (tailstanding).

Nero

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the info on the F04 LIGHT DIFFUSER FOR HDS.
Only 15 dollars at Overready!

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
As an aside, and going with the whole EMP thing and HDS lights, I'm sure you guys have read this today from the USA TODAY Tech page?

Looks like another good reason to stock up on batteries and get another Clicky !!!!

As if I ever needed another reason !!! :tinfoil:

derangboy

Enlightened
I like using the F04 but with the molle clip, this is not possible. Right now, I have a layer of Scotch tape across the lens. I find it works well for me and is easily removed. I have an FM54 on the way. I'll report back on wether or not it is worth the premium price!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Q & A involving EMP(electro magnetic pulse) and RA/HDS Lights

Please excuse my ignorance - but does this address 22 levels vs 23 levels?:thinking:

Well in that case all 22 or all 23 levels will get brighter with the mod. Since you will likely see a bigger gain with the lower spec emitter than say the higher spec emitter on the 170. Then the result is the 170 will end up having the lower low after the mod. But that's because you just aren't improving the emitter very much.

beach honda

Enlightened

Can ANYONE please tell me if the Moddoo\overready clip will work bezel down with my TI clicky? I have the upgraded unscrewable\gold plated switch tailcap, but NOT the one that is currently used (the one with a notch for the clip to ride in)

thanks to anyone who can confirm!

-chris B

Belstaff1464

Enlightened

Can ANYONE please tell me if the Moddoo\overready clip will work bezel down with my TI clicky? I have the upgraded unscrewable\gold plated switch tailcap, but NOT the one that is currently used (the one with a notch for the clip to ride in)

-chris B
I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. I have a Moddoo clip but my Ti is stuck in Customs (long story). What type of switch is in yours ? Is it the one with the two U shaped wires ? If so, I think the Moddoo clip will work but you may need to bend the U wires up to make up for the extra gap that the clip will introduce.

You may want to get the Ti version of the Moddoo clip. I bought the SS version from Oveready before Unique Titanium released the Ti version. I wished that I had waited.

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
I like using the F04 but with the molle clip, this is not possible. Right now, I have a layer of Scotch tape across the lens. I find it works well for me and is easily removed. I have an FM54 on the way. I'll report back on wether or not it is worth the premium price!

I was looking at the FM54 too. Please let me know what your impression of it is. Surefire art work, or practical accessory.... :poke:

- Andy

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
From what i have read at this forum and threads it is not suppose to tailstand, not good anyway. but my Clicky tailstands perfectly! Am I a lucky *******, or have HDS just improved the construction?
The Clicky is a fairly airtight light, so the bulge of the tail cap can change depending on barometric pressure.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree are less rugged than Seoul? Surefire and Malkoff use Cree (Malkoff exclusively nowadays..), seems odd.

Anyone got any more info on this?
You have to remember that Henry over-engineers his lights to be tougher than tough and able to withstand any abuse, no matter how extreme, so it's entirely possible that the Cree wasn't able to hold up under whatever torture test he subjected it to.

jellydonut

Enlightened
You have to remember that Henry over-engineers his lights to be tougher than tough and able to withstand any abuse, no matter how extreme, so it's entirely possible that the Cree wasn't able to hold up under whatever torture test he subjected it to.
I'm sure it is possible.. Just curious to know under which circumstances :sssh:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

-chris B

Dude, itll work, its not like theres some voodoo going on its just .050 longer so the tailcap will sit up a little higher.

nbp

Flashaholic

-chris B

I'm interested in the answer to this question as well. I have a Moddoo clip but my Ti is stuck in Customs (long story). What type of switch is in yours ? Is it the one with the two U shaped wires ? If so, I think the Moddoo clip will work but you may need to bend the U wires up to make up for the extra gap that the clip will introduce.

You may want to get the Ti version of the Moddoo clip. I bought the SS version from Oveready before Unique Titanium released the Ti version. I wished that I had waited.

Dude, itll work, its not like theres some voodoo going on its just .050 longer so the tailcap will sit up a little higher.

I have a Ti moddoo clip and it DID NOT work with my Ti Clicky in a bezel down configuration. It prevented proper switch contact and the light did not work. I have the switch style with the U-wires. If you have an updated switch it may work better, I really don't know.

The Ti clickies do not have the groove between the tailcap and the battery compartment to accomodate that style of clip. I saw another member did have success with a Moddoo clip and an old style tailcap/switch by bending the U-wires up to get better contact, so you may be able to get around this problem in that way.

I was not interested in doing this to my Ti clicky, so I got a Ti wvaltakis screw-on clip which is actually much better for me anyways since it is bezel-up and deep carry like the big ugly MOLLE clips which I really like (but it's way sexier than the MOLLE clips. :huh:)

YMMV but that is my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.