Ra Clicky (HDS Systems EDC) - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hmmm. In that case I'm not certain how it will work. My guess is that you will have contact problems since these Ti clickies were never machined to accept those clips, but as I said, I still have the old switch so I can't replicate your scenario here. My other clickies have the groove and work fine with the Moddoo clip. I think you'll have to wait and see. If it doesn't work and you don't want it let me know, I may be interested in it for my other twisty.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Hmmm. In that case I'm not certain how it will work. My guess is that you will have contact problems since these Ti clickies were never machined to accept those clips, but as I said, I still have the old switch so I can't replicate your scenario here. My other clickies have the groove and work fine with the Moddoo clip. I think you'll have to wait and see. If it doesn't work and you don't want it let me know, I may be interested in it for my other twisty.

I say try inserting a thin flat piece of rubber to make up for the introduced gap. If you haven't bought the Moddo clip yet, you may want to consider the Wvaltakis2 clip. I've been in contact with Chip and he's about to do another run. I've already placed an order.

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Henry,

I've been looking for an excuse to get another light. The OD will push me over the edge. It's early, I'm up before the sun, and on my desk sits my Clicky 'cause it followed me from the nightstand :rolleyes:

- Andy

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
The Clicky just keeps on getting better !! Now it comes in a variety of flavours: Vanilla, Sage, Olive, Jungle Green, and Fanta. Looks like November will be a bad month for the wallets of Clickyholics !!! Good thing my birthday is in Nov !!! :party:

chanjyj

Enlightened
That's great news about the Cerakote, Henry. What colours will be available and will there be a price increase ? Also, can you confirm that new Clickies will now be holeless ? Thanks.

If the holes are gone there is someone who will morn. Though I suspect the rest will celebrate.

Ahh.. the huge clips. There goes my cerakoted light+big clip

iacchus

Enlightened
yeah, I too love the holes.
They just add to the versatility of the light.
The huge clips might no be the prettiest thing, but they do their job and do it well. If you actually use Molle gear, they are wonderful.

Last edited:

chanjyj

Enlightened
Got my first HDS light (170t) and I am not at all impressed. The emitter and reflector are extremely dusty compared to any of my other lights. The reflector also has a substantial scratch in it. The tailcap bottoms out before the pocket clip is tight, so the clip easily rotates.

Edit:
I called them and they downplayed the dust issue, basically calling it normal. Of course they want me to ship the light back on my dime to be looked at.

I'll be damned!

I bought a CR123 battery compartment with the bezel down clip. Identical issue happened to me, the rotating clip issue. It goes round-round-round-round....

Sent an email to Henry.

I removed the clip and external O ring to take some pictures. As you can see, the switch assembly simply bottoms out well above the clip. Either the clip is too thin (?!) or the switch cap assembly is not long enough. *sighs deeply*

HDS1.jpg

HDS2.jpg

scottaw

Enlightened
While a spinning clip may bother some, the clip on my novatac has always spun, and after 3 years, the only marks are tiny wear spots on the edges of the flat sides. With no flats, the ra should be just fine even if it spins a bit.

Side note, got the tracking, my first ra/hds will be here on Monday, a 140T, sweet!

chanjyj

Enlightened
wow I see your problems but nice Macros! What camera do you have?

Thanks for the compliments :)
In my line as a trade photographer, I have a lot of cameras but I rushed this shot, so D300+reversed 50mm f/1.4. 1/60s @ f/1.4 ISO 1000. TK10 as primary light source

Last edited by a moderator:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the compliments :)
In my line as a trade photographer, I have a lot of cameras but I rushed this shot, so D300+reversed 50mm f/1.4. 1/60s @ f/1.4 ISO 1000. TK10 as primary light source

Do you mean you hand-held the lens and then took the photo with the "traditional' (!) front of the lens pointing towards the camera?

:eek:oo: :twothumbs

Also,

...Since the pricing has not been "finalized" yet, but at least one color is already "sold out," is there a list where people can sign up for these remaining colors - I guess, regardless of the price? You know, so as to not miss out on a color that they may really want...?

Last edited by a moderator:

notsofast

Enlightened
Also,

...Since the pricing has not been "finalized" yet, but at least one color is already "sold out," is there a list where people can sign up for these remaining colors - I guess, regardless of the price? You know, so as to not miss out on a color that they may really want...?

Henry did say they would be a regular item so sounds like more of every color will be available.

I am sure it will make a few people crazy missing out on the last one in their preferred color until they snag one. :ohgeez:

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
I imagine it also adds a considerable amount to the price.

I'm not sure if it will. The orange ones from Oveready were $36 dearer but came with 5 primaries and cheaper shipping. That was for a small batch of 12. I don't if the Cerakoted lights are hard anodized before being Cerakoted. If not, then the price will be offset by the cost of the HA. Hopefully, there won't be much of a price hike.

If I am not mistaken, this will be another first for HDS. They will be the first flashlight manufacturer to offer Cerakoting as a standard flashlight finish. I know that Malkoff released orange Cerakoted MD2's but I consider them to be limited edition models.

Side note, got the tracking, my first ra/hds will be here on Monday, a 140T, sweet!

Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood. :wave:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee........I wonder what we will be asking for as a birthday gift ?? :whistle:

Well, since no one I know would ever consider getting me a ~$150 flashlight :eek:oo:, I've kept my wish list down to a kershaw blur in S30V and some new earbuds. :) However, any birthday money might go to the next generation of HDS clicky, we'll see...

Also, which day is your birthday?

chanjyj

Enlightened
Do you mean you hand-held the lens and then took the photo with the "traditional' (!) front of the lens pointing towards the camera?

:eek:oo: :twothumbs

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. It's a traditional alternative for cheapos who lack macro lenses :D
Some will use a $9 reverse ring to hold the lens for them.. but I hold it by hand since I can't justify the cost.

See here for some pics - http://www.digital-photography-school.com/reverse-mounting-your-prime-lenses-for-affordable-macro-photography

chanjyj

Enlightened
I'll be damned!

I bought a CR123 battery compartment with the bezel down clip. Identical issue happened to me, the rotating clip issue. It goes round-round-round-round....

Sent an email to Henry.

I removed the clip and external O ring to take some pictures. As you can see, the switch assembly simply bottoms out well above the clip. Either the clip is too thin (?!) or the switch cap assembly is not long enough. *sighs deeply*

HDS1.jpg

HDS2.jpg

Once again, superb CS from Henry. :thumbsup:
He replied me quite quickly (well, considering it's a Sat) and asked me to ship it back to him for replacement.

Now for a 2 week wait and my $5 postage. Sometimes I wished I lived in the US :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.