RARE MAGLITES

din107

Newly Enlightened
Hi from Russia! April 2016, my 6C gоt leakage batteries (Duracell). 4 of 6 next to switch stuck....
Nowadays, I decided to clean it. I did not use lemon acid or vinegear. I drilled out stuck batteries. Now my 6C lights up again.
show-image.php
show-image.php
show-image.php
show-image.php

ikUaWtW.jpg
R0PD8ph.jpg
RdJsgYv.jpg
6WsGX8M.jpg
4zk8LxH.jpg

Last edited:
Hi from Russia! April 2016, my 6C gоt leakage batteries (Duracell). 4 of 6 next to switch stuck....
Nowadays, I decided to clean it. I did not use lemon acid or vineger. I drilled out stuck batteries. Now my 6C lights up again.
show-image.php
show-image.php
show-image.php
show-image.php

PS. How can I insert fotos here?

You will have to upload your fotos to a foto hosting site like imgur.com Then you will need to find the share link for the foto you want to upload. Then to post your pictures here at CPF you will have to click on the foto icon at the top right of the post you are making. It is the third one from the right. It L@@Ks like a picture frame. When the Insert Image box opens, chose From URL. Then paste the link from imgur in the box. Then click OK.

It took some trial and error on my first time. Best of luck. You can do it.

~ Chance

Last edited:

Crumbly

Newly Enlightened
Nice 2C LiftdT4R I have never seen one before.
Here is another gold light I got recently, a Minimag stamped TM, white paint filled bezel.
2EF9E06A-0D5C-443F-AAF4-98C2F328AF48_zpsgtsx5qmk.jpeg

7025CD62-3D20-48C8-B378-4247FC120D6F_zpsqah2pjn3.jpeg

B012E269-1D2F-447D-B4CE-9C5E41D75AEA_zpscsqplgbe.jpeg

It is hard to get the colour to show the same as in person.
E89E70EC-8C10-47C3-9358-8039DED325B6_zpsgsuedwml.jpeg

Here it is with
gold plated
gold anodised
gold anodised? TM bezel
copper anodised
bronze anodised
The colour is sort of in between gold and copper, almost like pewter but is more gold in person.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
:grin2: It looks to be a Zimmerman Bronze to me. What an incredible find!! They are very rare and currently one of the few holes in my collection. Ya can't post pics though while leaving us hanging on the story! How did ya acquire it and did ya get a back story?

Mag used to do awesome one-off lights like this when they were just starting out. Don;t get me wrong they still do a nice range of laser etching but they won't go much more custom than that any more. Wish they would still do these little projects here and there.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nowadays, I decided to clean it. I did not use lemon acid or vinegear. I drilled out stuck batteries. Now my 6C lights up again.
show-image.php
show-image.php
show-image.php
show-image.php

Very cool and that's a great trick. I do something similar using a bore brush. I think a D Cell takes a 1.25" bore brush IIRC. I haven't found a size to match up with Cs though. Lots of fun restoring these old lights! Your 6 Cs looks great!

WKcrSWz.jpg

Crumbly

Newly Enlightened
Yes good job removing stuck batteries from your 6C din107 and posting photos.
The zimmerman was part of a larger box lot at an estate sale,in Wrightsville PA. Other than that I don't have much of a backstory on it.
It has an o ring on tailcap and a machined hole for spare bulb instead of plastic holder.
There is no writing "do not remove" on the bulb holder, switch assembly inside battery compartment is white.
It does not have any battery corrosion but does have a couple of scratches inside battery compartment like someone was trying to remove a stuck battery? Had lubricant on the head threads and o ring, reflector and lens are in good condition.
There are a few minor nicks and scratches which you hardly notice.
Not Bad for a 34 year old Minimag, whoever owned it looked after it quite well.

Last edited:

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Without singling out each one, I'll just say - Great bunch of lights on this page, folks. I especially like the gold 2C.

I just scored the 7C Mag that was up for auction. It will complete my collection of all sizes D and C. I'll try to get some photos of it, and some group shots when it gets here next week.

JT

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I received my 7C today, and it is in pretty decent condition. It was pretty dirty, but I gave it a good clean and lube, complete with Mothers California Gold carnauba wax. It has the "paten pending" stamp, and the serial dates to July 15, 1981. It completes my quest for all sizes C & D. Here are a few pics.

JT

LP0nZzO.jpg
[/IMG]

aTVnYlA.jpg
[/IMG]

ck03A8o.jpg
[/IMG]

JMh9Exm.jpg
[/IMG]

Crumbly

Newly Enlightened
Nice photos Guitar Guy, good job on cleaning it up, it looks great. Nice low serial number too.:twothumbs

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, very nice indeed. Did not see that was a "Paten Pending" C Cell before. Those are super rare. As far as I can tell only about the first 1,500 of each model was stamped "Paten Pending" because production started in the spring of 1981 and the Patent was approved August of 1981. That's a keeper for sure!! Let's see a pic of that full collection!

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks folks! I feel pretty lucky that both my 7D (Apr '81) and 7C (July '81) are "paten pending", and in pretty decent condition overall ... and went for pretty decent prices compared to what I've seen some more rough ones go for. I guess it's all about the timing of what comes up when you're ready & able to make the purchase.

I'll try to get some group photos soon. I think I also have some more colored 2Cs since last time.

JT

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently picked up another Cabela's Light. This time it was a 2D. It's only the 3rd one I've ever seen. Another member here has another 2D and I also have a 5D. These lights were only made from late 1981 to early 1982 and were done as a custom order for Cabela's, a large US Sporting Goods Retailer. It's the only time Maglite put another company's name on the bezel. They were made from 2D to 5D similar to the Vari-Beams. 2Ds and 3Ds sold in the greatest numbers. I did a full post on my blog about them here: http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2017/05/19811982-cabelas-5d-light.html

TQQ8OcL.jpg

dGuwg9I.jpg

The 5D came from the estate of a retired Cabela's executive. This 2D came from an inquiry on my blog. The owner ordered it from Cabela's catalog in the early 80s and used it for years for camping and outdoor adventures. As he got older he decided to part with it and found my blog. My blog helps me find out about more lights and gives me the opportunity to pick up and see some pretty rare lights.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a couple cool NIB Gold Solitaires the other day from everyone's favorite auction site. I always liked the Gold lights and they are very tough to find because Maglite only makes them every so often, usually for a special occasion. These Solitaires have the TM next to the panther logo meaning they are from 92 to 96. The package is marked 1993. They likely came out around the same time as my 1992 Gold 2D to celebrate the introduction of the panther logo and the redesign of the D cells. At $6 ea I couldn't pass them up. They may not be super desirable but they sure are rare like the rest of the gold lights.

V0R10P5.jpg

CSWbm97.jpg

WSPt8ZR.jpg

Crumbly

Newly Enlightened
Nice Cabela's light Jay is it stamped or laser bezel? Looks stamped. And nice solitaires I ordered 2 myself but seller must of increased price because mine were $9.99. I didn't realise they had TM on them, still waiting for them to arrive. Last time I looked there was still a few left.
I am surprised that the 25year old energiser doesn't appear to have leaked.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys!! The bezels on the Cabela's lights are stamped. I was super surprised to be able to buy a 2nd one. From what I heard there weren't very many produced before the partnership between Maglite and Cabela's went south and Cabela's was a mail order catalog only at the time.

I made an offer for 2 on the Solitaires that's why I got them so cheap. The AAA looked perfect but I ditched the one I opened. If the other one leaks I'll cut it out of the package. I'm going to use the open one. They make perfect little lights for walking around the house at night without waking anyone up. I always have an Incan Solitaire on my nightstand.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Lifted...when are we going to see an up to date photo of your Maglite collection?

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one from about a year or so ago I think I posted before. My collection has grown since then but not a whole lot. There are others here with much larger collections too. I always aspire to have a collection as awesome as ABTOMAT's one day. His couch pic is legendary!

xQcT3e5.jpg