• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

RC40vn - Hardest Hitter

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you're products will not last cuz you overpowered the flashlights and if it's good for keychain size flashlight to produce 700 lumens the original manufacturer would be happy to do it so I think your mod flashlights will not last more than a few uses
There's no doubt Vinh has gone beyond where the manufacturers have left off.

There are two differences between V54 lights & manufacturers' lights. One has to do with the product, and the other with the user.

Vinh rebuilds much of the guts of the flashlights. He mostly uses the manufacturer's light as a host. Drivers, wiring, circuitry and LED's get replaced and upgraded to handle the increased demand. Whereas manufacturers are competing for sales, which requires using the cheapest components that will get the job done.

The other difference is the customer. Manufacturers are selling to anyone & everyone with mostly no flashlight knowledge, including kids, who will leave lights unattended. Vinh is selling to a tiny, elite audience of flashoholics who understand how to treat cutting edge gear.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
I think you're products will not last cuz you overpowered the flashlights and if it's good for keychain size flashlight to produce 700 lumens the original manufacturer would be happy to do it so I think your mod flashlights will not last more than a few uses

You need to look at the bigger picture, for a start mass produced lights are made to make as much profit as possible. Now money savings maybe from wires to heat sinking.....lots of areas to save . May only make a few $'s a light, but times this by 1000's and nice profit margins are born.

Vinh will not push lights to a point where it's total overkill, he also balances the output boost(not always done as light dependent). This with thicker gauge wire and copper heat sinking, custom drivers with programmable turbo times.....many options. All help aid on the cooling side= a solid performer.

Oh oh and if it does fail, vinh backs his lights up! No sending to China or wherever.......

Then as some lights can have issues out of the box, or any lights can be a bit iffy on the reliability side....vinh can sort/fix the issues .

Too add finally, lots of my vinh lights have been used a lot, never had an issue. I have far more confidence of a vinh light out of the box ,than any major production light .

LED options, tint options, pretty much most options you can think of! Instead of cold angry blue beams.....

Each to to their own, but your missing out :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to look at the bigger picture, for a start mass produced lights are made to make as much profit as possible. Now money savings maybe from wires to heat sinking.....lots of areas to save . May only make a few $'s a light, but times this by 1000's and nice profit margins are born.

Vinh will not push lights to a point where it's total overkill, he also balances the output boost(not always done as light dependent). This with thicker gauge wire and copper heat sinking, custom drivers with programmable turbo times.....many options. All help aid on the cooling side= a solid performer.

Oh oh and if it does fail, vinh backs his lights up! No sending to China or wherever.......

Then as some lights can have issues out of the box, or any lights can be a bit iffy on the reliability side....vinh can sort/fix the issues .

Too add finally, lots of my vinh lights have been used a lot, never had an issue. I have far more confidence of a vinh light out of the box ,than any major production light .

LED options, tint options, pretty much most options you can think of! Instead of cold angry blue beams.....

Each to to their own, but your missing out :)

Speaking of heat sink, i was looking at ni walker website. They use copper heat sink in their lights. Look like they did great job. I have to try ni walker light. Either aurora c26, a1,a2. Anyone own ni walker lights? Thanks

ven

Flashaholic
I have vinhs mm15vn and a superb light, love the MT-GT ! As its small it gets hot quick, vinh if needed will use more copper than a manufacturer. They say this and in reality it maybe just a slither of copper(zebralight seem to have done a great job on their latest creation/s)Also thermal cubes for aiding the driver on some vinh lights.....

star_c_star

Enlightened
From the video:
- one button operates 3 LEDs
- the other button operates the other 3 LEDs
- pressing both buttons simultaneously turns on 6 LEDs

I just received my RC40vnF, and have played with it for only a few minutes. Vinh's instructions above are pretty much all you will need.

You have to be careful, when pressing both buttons, to hit them almost simultaneously. Otherwise, the two pairs of 3 LEDS will not ramp up/down in brightness at exactly the same levels. It is not difficult, just something to keep in mind.

Also, this is BRIGHT!

In spite of the large fins, heat sink, etc, it gets pretty warm at full power quite quickly. It also dissipates the heat very quickly. A smaller light probably could not handle these 6 LEDS at full power without becoming too hot to hold within a minute.

Running it at around 5000-6000 lumens just makes it a little warm.

Thank-you, Vinh!

Adding the lumens of my brightest 4 Vinh lights, I reach around 50,000 lumens.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of heat sink, i was looking at ni walker website. They use copper heat sink in their lights. Look like they did great job. I have to try ni walker light. Either aurora c26, a1,a2. Anyone own ni walker lights? Thanks
I recall that Niwalker sent their prototype to Vinh to analyze & comment on before they went to production. That's one manufacturer that knows what's up! LOL

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome stuff star, congrats on the beast! That's good to hear about the 6k mark as makes still a very impressive output for longer uses, yet manageable .............small lights struggle at that output.

:party:

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal

Personally, the T6vn will be the first Vinh light I have ever purchased and the most expensive. I don't part with my money very easily, except for an addiction :)
But seriously speaking, I've done much research including watching many of Vinh's videos, which tell you a lot about the person and not just about his lights, and the reading of the many posts by satisfied users of Vinh's lights and mods, which contributed to my purchase. In fact, I have made recent purchases from manufacturers, and if I had known about Vinh prior, I would have most likely purchased his modded version of those ights if he had them in his inventory. My V11r comes to mind.
I have no doubt of the integrity of Vinh and subsequently, the quality of his lights.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Too add also, vinh tests his lights a heck of a lot more than we will(or dare to:faint:) No light is made without thorough testing to extremes before being released.....

nuff said :)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall that Niwalker sent their prototype to Vinh to analyze & comment on before they went to production. That's one manufacturer that knows what's up! LOL

I was looking at black light vostro m2 g2 p0 led. Anyone think thats a good led?? I cant find the price yet.

ven

Flashaholic
Yes the mtg2 is an awesome led, mix of flood and throw(large die so will never be a dedicated thrower) . Good for maybe around 3500 ish lumens when pushed and of a nice 5000k tint. Not really much to not like about this LED imho.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the mtg2 is an awesome led, mix of flood and throw(large die so will never be a dedicated thrower) . Good for maybe around 3500 ish lumens when pushed and of a nice 5000k tint. Not really much to not like about this LED imho.

Thanks. We are suppose to be talking about rc40vn. My bad. See you at the lounge.

SAMongoose

Enlightened

Sir (or mam) lol ... You are seriously on another planet (that does not support life) ... Anyone can say anything as ignorant as I just did. BUT to prove it is a different thing all together. PLEASE study a bit more Mr. Ares.

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the handheld LED light went from 10K lumens to 20K lumens in a few months; farewell HID, we had some good times :wave:

My HID lights are going no where.

Turn on your 20,000 lumen LED light for 10-15 minutes. If the batteries don't have a heart attack, the LEDs and your hand will.

I can run my HIDs until there's no more juice in the battery. The light will be warm, but then again, I've got 6 plus hours of runtime @3000 or more lumens.

I'd love to do a comparison of the RC40 and say a Hellfighter, Polarion, or Maxa Beam.

At 20,000 lumens, the correct name is TORCH!

Saul Good

Enlightened
I love HIDs. I just wish they were more versatile. The RC40 may not be able to put out 20k lumens for long periods of time, but you can certainly use it to light the path in front of you for days without searing your retinas.

MaxBeam

Enlightened

So a newbie who joined only 2 months ago, who doesn't own any Vinh modified flashlights, and only has 14 childlike posts (and 10 of those were questions) has suddenly become a flashlight expert and decided to slam Vinh for some reason. He (or she) obviously doesn't know anything about LED's (or punctuation). These LED's will become obsolete long before they wear out or burn out.. . . Sounds like an immature TROLL or a TROLL in TRAINING. (a TROLL wannabe?)

And he (or she) was already on my ignore list because of a stupid troll sounding PM he (or she) had sent me a month ago.

I've purchased over 80 flashlights from Vinh. I use some of the lights every day and I've given a bunch of the lights to friends and relatives who regularly use them, and so far not a single one has failed.

Last edited:

SAMongoose

Enlightened
Yeah Maxbeam. I cant see Vinh doing all of this to become a millionare and to try and be clever by ripping off. What he is doing aint that easy. AND if mr/s have tried it will be more apparent in words. Vinh loves what he is doing...THAT IS IT. Now other can enjoy (and trash it seems) his labour. New name... Wannabee.. Troll... Trollabee....YEAH there you go

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Chillax guys :) I am cool.

Flying put in several hours and I got no sleep so far

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Vinh touched on it in video but for my purposes I am not sure this light is worth the price premium over a T6 or K70.