Rcr123a source?

Shniggysaurus

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good source for Rcr123a batteries for my D25C but I will also use them with other lights. I've heard aw sells the best ones. Can anyone post a link to where they buy these? Also what about a cheaper version that also performs well? Any recommendations? Thanks

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure what voltage you are searching for? If you are looking for 3.0 RCR's google Soshine. They work fairly well for the price. I have a dozen or so. I got all of mine patiently from fasttech. But thats up to you.

cyclesport

Enlightened
IMO, Illumination Supply has one of the best selection of quality Li-ion's of varying sizes & chemestry of almost any dealer presently.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the D25C Ti clicky and I'm using IMR 16340s from AW and Kinoko. I got the latter from Illumination Supply and they're working out pretty well. Slightly better currently handling than the cobalt based ICRs.

You need to buy the AWs from a reputable dealer who's not buying/selling fakes and make sure that they have the hologram sticker on them, since that denotes post 1/1/14 production, IIRC.

Chris

Shniggysaurus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. Can't seem to find any AW on Ilumn.com great website though. Any one have another link?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, I use AW RCR123As and Surefire (relabeled K2 Energy) LiFePO4s for lights that can't handle the added voltage of Li-Ions. No problems with either.

I figure especially with Li-Ions there's no sense trying to cheap out on cells given the safety concerns. AW has a good rep and presumably wants to keep it.