Reccomendations of a 4xAAA LED Torch

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Any reccomendations for a good LED 4xAAA torch, something a bit powerful and good quality would be a bonus.

I recently bought 8x Panasonic Eneloop Pro's 4xAA's and 4xAAA, I have already ordered a Sunwayman D40A off Ebay Australia and will put the AA's in that, but also want to put the 4xAAA's to good use to.

kj2

Flashaholic
4x AAA are rare. Check the 'recommend me a light for' section.
You could always buy 4 single AAA lights ;)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, I think you'll really enjoy the D40A. I recently got one for my sister (for Christmas) and had the chance to check it out before sending it to her (I had to make sure it worked ok :)), and it's a wonderful light, very well made with an excellent beam profile.

However, the deal with AAA batteries, at least as far as I'm concerned, is that they should probably be utilized for their small size, and putting 4 of them in something kind of negates that, while not exactly giving you a lot of runtime.

Have you considered a penlight? I carry a 4 Sevens Penlight in my suit at work, as my backup light, and it's a fantastic light with a really broad, even beam and 3 levels. That would use 2xAAA batteries.

Then, take one of the two remaining AAA batteries and put it in a good keyring light, like the Fenix LD01 That leaves you with one AAA as a spare.

Just my 2 cents. Have fun.

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Hi Derek thanks you for your reply and I think your ideas re the AAA LED torches was great. I have noticed that Nitecore have released a new AAA penlight called the Nitecore MT06 and looks like its quite new to their range, another LED light that I bought my ex gf a long time ago was a Preon which I think is made by 4 Sevens. To be honest I hardly have any AAA lights apart from a LED lenser which I have had for bit over 4 years which uses 3xAAA's a Tank007 (sorry cant recall what model but she is quite bright :)) But most of my others are AA, CR123 and 18650.

here is the specs on the MT06

Link Removed, Please see the banner at the top of the page - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Albinoni1967

Enlightened
Since you already have a Led Lenser light, maybe a Led Lenser P7.2 ?

I have never had any probs with my LED Lenser mind you and I have it here at home in my apartment but most of my other torches are at work such as my JetBeam, Olight, Sunwayman, Surefire and Nitecore. I just find Led Lensers to be very overpriced for what you get when there are prob way cheaper and better value for money torches out there.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just echoing Derek Dean's comments:
4xAAA is an odd form factor. The biggest advantage to AAA is the slimness it allows but 4 x AAA negates this benefit. I would also recommend a 2xAAA penlight instead. I have two penlights, a Preon 2 Titanium and O'light O'pen. O'pen is the better performer in regards to runtimes on lower levels because it uses current control rather than PWM. The form factor is a good one, very slim in the pocket. My EDC is a ZL SC52 which is very compact for a 1xAA light but I often carry one of the penlights instead especially when I'm out to a social gathering and/or wearing dress pants.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any reccomendations for a good LED 4xAAA torch, something a bit powerful and good quality would be a bonus.

The LED Lenser M14 is a great 4XAA light. Nice zoom feature and programmable. 400 lumens.

Nice, on the nose with 4aa's.

jimsmith do you or anyone else know where these particular led lensers are manufacturered? Just curious. The p7.2 & m14.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a M14 (Coast here in the US) for $22.00 on closeout. This was a 560 lumen version of the light and it was a deal and a half! I love the 4AA configuration and now have several lights that use them. I also have a D40A, and will second the motion that it is a great light and you will love it!!